Not Sure What TO Think About The Rams

PeteMicheals

Liked Posts:
4-2 is a good record in the NFC west. However, let’s evaluate

W - cowboys. We just watched a dakless cowboys teams look like the worst team in the NFL. Dak changes the team forsure, but let’s not pretend the cowboys were a good team with dak

W - Eagles. NFC east is the embarrassment of the NFL. this is the same team that went for the tie against a 1 win bengal

L - Bills are good. No shame losing to the bills in a close game

W - NY Giants. Hmm three NFC East teams? All wins and worst division in football? Maybe this is a trend here

W - Washington Football Team. WAIT ANOTHER NFC EAST Team? Wtf

L -49ers. No shame in losing to a healthy 49er team

So my evaluation shows we know crap about the rams. Their 4 wins are all NFC east teams and 2 losses are against potential championship teams. We will be the first true test. A win against us and people will say rams are good. A loss against us they will say rams only beat crap teams

Bear down

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toss up IMHO

The home team has a bit of an advantage

Visionman

Liked Posts:
4-2 is a good record in the NFC west. However, let’s evaluate

W - cowboys. We just watched a dakless cowboys teams look like the worst team in the NFL. Dak changes the team forsure, but let’s not pretend the cowboys were a good team with dak

W - Eagles. NFC east is the embarrassment of the NFL. this is the same team that went for the tie against a 1 win bengal

L - Bills are good. No shame losing to the bills in a close game

W - NY Giants. Hmm three NFC East teams? All wins and worst division in football? Maybe this is a trend here

W - Washington Football Team. WAIT ANOTHER NFC EAST Team? Wtf

L -49ers. No shame in losing to a healthy 49er team

So my evaluation shows we know crap about the rams. Their 4 wins are all NFC east teams and 2 losses are against potential championship teams. We will be the first true test. A win against us and people will say rams are good. A loss against us they will say rams only beat crap teams

Bear down
A healthy 49ers team?? They are decimated on their DL...

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Rams are definitely a weird team, and I don't really know what we're going to get on Monday. They are statistically very close to the Bears defensively. Separated by less than 20 total yards allowed per game. They've allowed 2 fewer points than the Bears. They have 20 sacks as a team, but had 0 against SF. So, they had 20 in their first 5 games. But they got fat off of Washington, missing linemen and throwing in a QB who almost lost a leg. Rams allowed 108 total yards to the WFT and had 8 sacks. Other than that, they've been average at best.

They've played decent against bad teams. Played poorly vs. SF on Sunday. They got down 28-3 to Buffalo and made a comeback then blew it probably due to a bad call. They seem very similar to the Bears in a lot of respects. But honestly and without bias, I think the Bears are a better team.

If the Bears pressure Goff like they did Brady and Bridgewater, Goff will struggle. The Bears DBs can take away a lot of what they want to do in the pass game. Jackson and Fuller are a no-fly zone. Gipson has quietly done well against TEs (though the Bears haven't faced any good ones, and Rams have a couple decent ones). They'll try to get the ball to Kupp in the slot against Skrine. They'll try to pick on Johnson, especially if they get him in man vs. Woods. But I think he'll be up to the task.

The Bears won't be able to block Donald as per usual. Probably won't be able to run the ball. Foles will have some shots though against most of their DBs, and I'd even take a couple shots with Robinson even against Ramsey. Low scoring game, turnover battle will be the difference. I trust Foles to protect the ball more than Goff, stupid play last week notwithstanding.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shootout, we lose...

Defensive struggle, we have a 50/50 shot.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think it will be a close game but we can take them. Goff isn't elite and isn't super accurate so we should be able to game plan well for him defensively. He can be streaky. They don't possess any elite offensive weapons, pretty similar to us, but I think our defense is better.

Both teams will have trouble scoring points.

Vegas has them as 5.5 point dogs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who’s “we”? You aren’t a part of the team last I checked.

Wow, I haven't seen this before

tenor.png

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Defensive struggle, we have a 50/50 shot.

Which is how it has gone.

Rams & Bears have split the last two matchups with neither team able to score more than 17 points.

The only difference is the Bears are walking in with a new QB that is better at getting that ball out quick.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Same tier as Bears - 1 below the real contenders. They are a tough matchup though, with good DBs and All Pro interior rush, against what might be a bottom 5 OL at this point due to injury.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is how it has gone.

Rams & Bears have split the last two matchups with neither team able to score more than 17 points.

The only difference is the Bears are walking in with a new QB that is better at getting that ball out quick.

That is what Foles can do. Not sure it means anything more than a 50/50 shot tho

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is what Foles can do. Not sure it means anything more than a 50/50 shot tho

Still going to come down to which defense plays better, but it's not just that Foles gets the ball out quicker than Trubisky...he also gets it out quicker than Goff, who has not been good against the Bears D historically.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still going to come down to which defense plays better, but it's not just that Foles gets the ball out quicker than Trubisky...he also gets it out quicker than Goff, who has not been good against the Bears D historically.

I agree the defense will have to win the game. It may even out. Foles does have the ability to get the ball out quickly, but his yards per completion is such that the Bears will have to play more mistake free football to score points. The Bears are not running effectively and Foles is the worst QB in the league on yards per completion. I believe at this point he is worse than Trubisky was last year which is saying a lot. Trubisky was worst in the league last year and Foles is a half yard under that.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Is there anyway to see the results of how many people have been wrong with their constant negative predictions?