Nothing has changed

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
This is the same team as last year. For all the talk of a revamped TE group .... didn’t look like much different to me.

Don’t kid yourselves. That lions defense is trash. On top of that a player got ejected and another player in the secondary got injured. There is absolutely 0 excuse for the bears offensive performance for the first 3/4 of that game. That type of performance will lose your the game 99% of the time. If it was any team other than the lions the bears would’ve lost this game by a land slide.

Nagy did make some improvements so I’ll credit him somewhat for that. There were definitely some terrible moves though. He tried his best to lose this game at the end of the first half. Calling timeouts to save the clock and thinking that this sputtering offense was going to drive down the field and score??? Come on now. Any sensible bears fan with even halve a brane saw that coming. That completely swung momentum to the lions going into the second halve.

The o line is still a problem. Not as big of a problem as Mitch, but still a problem. They can’t block 4 defenders. When you line up 4-5 guys out wide there will be pressure and the play will be killed. I don’t trust Mitch to execute the play anyways even if he does have time. Let your gadgety shit die.

Bears should feel good they ended up winning this one, but they won’t get so lucky moving forward. I pray Nagy takes an objective look at the tape and adjusts for week 2.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
True, but those playcalls at the end of the 1st half, WTF?
2019 clock management and probably did more damage to the team than the early drops to be honest.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
This is the same team as last year. For all the talk of a revamped TE group .... didn’t look like much different to me.

Don’t kid yourselves. That lions defense is trash. On top of that a player got ejected and another player in the secondary got injured. There is absolutely 0 excuse for the bears offensive performance for the first 3/4 of that game. That type of performance will lose your the game 99% of the time. If it was any team other than the lions the bears would’ve lost this game by a land slide.

Nagy did make some improvements so I’ll credit him somewhat for that. There were definitely some terrible moves though. He tried his best to lose this game at the end of the first half. Calling timeouts to save the clock and thinking that this sputtering offense was going to drive down the field and score??? Come on now. Any sensible bears fan with even halve a brane saw that coming. That completely swung momentum to the lions going into the second halve.

The o line is still a problem. Not as big of a problem as Mitch, but still a problem. They can’t block 4 defenders. When you line up 4-5 guys out wide there will be pressure and the play will be killed. I don’t trust Mitch to execute the play anyways even if he does have time. Let your gadgety shit die.

Bears should feel good they ended up winning this one, but they won’t get so lucky moving forward. I pray Nagy takes an objective look at the tape and adjusts for week 2.

Bears TE had a total of 2 touchdowns in 2019 and we equaled that today so i beg to differ

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Are we really sitting here and patting ourselves on the back for a run game that although admittedly looks improved led to a score of 23-6??

This is one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL that was almost dead last in every single category last year.

You know what didn’t improve - through 3 quarters of play the bears scored 6 points. They were once again unable to score a touchdown in the entire first half.

Imagine when they play a half way decent or just league average defense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Disagree, the run game is significantly better than last year and Nagy was actually using it until the team went down 3 scores. Other than that though, yeah it’s 2019 again.

Well we need to see them do that against a better team.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we really sitting here and patting ourselves on the back for a run game that although admittedly looks improved led to a score of 23-6??

This is one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL that was almost dead last in every single category last year.

You know what didn’t improve - through 3 quarters of play the bears scored 6 points. They were once again unable to score a touchdown in the entire first half.

Doesn't the game have 4 quarters?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was not a great win but it was the kind of win we can build off. Also a win that good teams get when they struggle. A lot of improvement necessary but better to be 1-0 rather an 0-1. Time will tell if they can use this to propel them forward.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's pretty amazing that with all the supposed football knowledge many on here claim to have that they don't even understand that having zero preseason games will hurt every team. Now it will hurt the not so great teams and teams that don't have HOF type talent at QB more but they will all get better. I love how those same people are also saying that we looked like shit for 3 quarters just because Trubs played so much better in the 4th quarter. We still had some really good drives/plays in each other quarter and just because we didn't score doesn't mean we sucked in those 3 quarters. We have a ton of work to do but i got a few games i can give them until i'm calling for heads.

Some of you are so far off from actually understanding the entire game of football it's pretty laughable.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

? You set the goal posts bub. Don't get mad when people point out its not the same.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It's pretty amazing that with all the supposed football knowledge many on here claim to have that they don't even understand that having zero preseason games will hurt every team. Now it will hurt the not so great teams and teams that don't have HOF type talent at QB more but they will all get better. I love how those same people are also saying that we looked like shit for 3 quarters just because Trubs played so much better in the 4th quarter. We still had some really good drives/plays in each other quarter and just because we didn't score doesn't mean we sucked in those 3 quarters. We have a ton of work to do but i got a few games i can give them until i'm calling for heads.

Some of you are so far off from actually understanding the entire game of football it's pretty laughable.

They scored 6 points against the worst defense in football. I’d say that’s bad.