Now is time to build SOLID O/D Lines..

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It’s time to stop pussy-footing around. I’m sorry, guys. The Bears need better than Lucas Patrick in the middle and Larry Borom out on the edge.

Also, just speaking realistically, they’re going to need to start thinking about Cody Whitehair’s replacement. Hopefully Braxton Jones is your answer on the right side.

I feel like OL and DL should be much higher priorities than a lot of other fans think. I want that shored up *for sure*.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm willing to donate my SOLID D for the Chicago Bears cause.

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
Sign Jawan Taylor and Pocic. OL fixed.

Sign DreMont Jones and draft two more DL day 1 & 2 of the draft, DL mostly fixed.

This is it, yep. Though I may roll with Lucas Patrick as backup/temp, and draft Schmitz or Oluwatimi. Maybe Miles Murphy for the edge spot, more proven college impact than Van Ness and still young and learning

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For online really need a tackle and whithair replacement. If they want to draft a mid 4th grade center and let him sit a year and learn cool with that. D line... Every spot is up for grabs but I feel with two impact starters that will also make the other players around them better. So say a hardgraves and two edges and I think we will be more set than my most realize. While I agree we can definitely upgrade more than that, some players will have to come cheap or later in the draft. I'm still on board with a day two trade down to try to find another late round gem like Jones still could be.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Is Eddie Goldman broke yet? Guy should still be 29/30 yrs old..

mecha

Liked Posts:
Probably the worst defensive front 7 in the league. The trenches on both sides of the ball should absolutely be the priority, yes.
I remember last year when everyone were shitting blood that the secondary would be the worst ever. as noted in the other thread, they gave up the most points in the league, but they have the uncoachable trait that they never gave up despite being an inferior unit. even if attention is only applied to the front 4 I think it'll make a difference. Poles won't be able to fill every hole in one offseason, but it's a start.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I remember last year when everyone were shitting blood that the secondary would be the worst ever. as noted in the other thread, they gave up the most points in the league, but they have the uncoachable trait that they never gave up despite being an inferior unit. even if attention is only applied to the front 4 I think it'll make a difference. Poles won't be able to fill every hole in one offseason, but it's a start.
Yeah. The secondary is where all the young talent is on defense. They were criminally exposed due to a complete lack of pass rush. They'll look so much better when they don't have to cover for 5 seconds before the ball comes out. Could use another corner but the defensive priorities should be front to back right now.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It’s time to stop pussy-footing around. I’m sorry, guys. The Bears need better than Lucas Patrick in the middle and Larry Borom out on the edge.

Also, just speaking realistically, they’re going to need to start thinking about Cody Whitehair’s replacement. Hopefully Braxton Jones is your answer on the right side.

I feel like OL and DL should be much higher priorities than a lot of other fans think. I want that shored up *for sure*.

Something like that is what I was thinking. LT/RT with FA or possibly LT in the draft since it's the cheaper option and a Center who can start from somewhere. Get rid of Whitehair, shuffle the rest and see what sticks. FA for as much of the oline as possible avoids the rookie year. We need Fields to have some comfort sooner rather than later because next year's draft is set up good to get his replacement if it's needed.

A problem drafting center is Schmitz probably goes 10 before our higher 2nd (Huddle Report). Could fall to us or not. Either of the next up are pretty good timing for our high 3rd (again Huddle Report and I've seen their 3rd name mentioned 2nd after Schmitz elsewhere). We probably don't get the top rated center in the draft but are set up to get the next best.

Plus right off it looks like there are center options in FA that aren't as bad as Pace's waste of a 2nd round pick.

The best thing is if Poles holds true to his word there are a lot of options to have this team looking a lot better next season.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Kelce is not an option at C. He is either playing for Philly or retiring. He won’t go elsewhere. He has made that clear.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

The fact is wide receiver has been prioritized over those units.

The value of the contracts handed out this free agent period is not necessarily going to be depressed just because this is overall a weak free agent class. You get no discounts for Dre'Mont Jones or Mike McGlinchey, even if they are good-yet-flawed players.

The draft is brutal. The Bears have one pick in the top fifty. The late-second is nowhere near as good as the early-second when it comes to success rate in finding players. This team has been mismanaged from the start, it started with the Chase Claypool trade and it became past the point of no return when the Bears burned their godsend bailout from the gods so they could get DJ Moore.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The fact is wide receiver has been prioritized over those units.

The value of the contracts handed out this free agent period is not necessarily going to be depressed just because this is overall a weak free agent class. You get no discounts for Dre'Mont Jones or Mike McGlinchey, even if they are good-yet-flawed players.

The draft is brutal. The Bears have one pick in the top fifty. The late-second is nowhere near as good as the early-second when it comes to success rate in finding players. This team has been mismanaged from the start, it started with the Chase Claypool trade and it became past the point of no return when the Bears burned their godsend bailout from the gods so they could get DJ Moore.

Moore is a #20 level pick that is known to play up to his pick with bad QBs. The difference in the trade value is his pick's value. If that's your only worry he makes up for Claypool playing below his pick and trade.
If Fields is the guy he will get Moore playing above his pick and Moore being on the field will boost Claypool's play.

I hardly even watched games last year and I could see all other teams had to do was take Claypool out of the options. That won't be so easy with Moore, Mooney and Claypool.
IF we get an oline that doesn't have an open door policy to the QB.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I clicked on him because of his age and figuring he wants out of the Browns. He hung with Seattle for a while and should be affordable.

Kelce is very rated high by PFF if we wanted an expensive old guy short term solution, maybe as a fill in/trainer for a draftee.
I was thinking Kelce, too.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could easily see the first four picks being in no particular order OT, DT, DE, C