Now that you’ve seen an entire Poles off-season how are you feeling CCS?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We’ve been through the whole off-season now. Barring any last minute trades the roster is pretty set. The plan is evident…. go young. Develop the young guys. Don’t burn future draft picks. Get the cap right for the future.

You guys happy? Not happy? Where we at CCS?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We’ve been through the whole off-season now. Barring any last minute trades the roster is pretty set. The plan is evident…. go young. Develop the young guys. Don’t burn future draft picks. Get the cap right for the future.

On a scale of @Spartan to @Aesopian I'm about at about a @dennehy level of happiness. So about an 8?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Well, it’s very clearly a rebuild. That said, it looks like he has tried to grab as much young talent as he could, without mortgaging the future. At least he clearly has a plan, and is sticking with it. He’s been disciplined, I’ll give him that. I hope it works.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
So far it looks like he got the coaching hires right. Team seems disciplined. Fields is definitely improved.

The big issue for me is can you draft talent, and we don't have much information one way or another on that. If these draft choices work out then we could have a very solid GM here.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like that he ripped the band aid off. If he continues the approach of getting younger and faster, I like that too.

I still feel like the offense (the side that matters far more) is well under-resourced.

My concern is that he's brought in a head coach that may be stuck playing football that worked well in 1998.

Next year will be the key where we see what he's building.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me it's impossible to tell. The answer for me might even remain the same on this date next year. As far as the discipline and fewer penalties goes, that can be better measured in full speed live games with starters on both sides and a greater sense of urgency and competition.

Preseason never did and still doesn't tell me anything to me. If it did, Skylar Thompson would clearly be the best quarterback in the league followed by Pickett.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I like the strategy and execution so far. But like others have said, this is the tear down phase. It’ll be very interesting what happens next year with a 1st round pick and the most cap space in the league

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
Mostly really good. I like his draft, I get his logic on the majority of moves, I like his budgeting. Sets us up a lot to make moves in the future. My only concerns are being too anti-Pace, I would like if he gave guys like Jenkins a fair shake. And the other thing is a worry he undervalues WR. He simply refused to sign any veterans (many available to 1-yr deals) and seems to really be handing the car keys to this young WR corp. We'll see how it goes

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
My only complaint is that they weren't able to get good draft compensation for Robert Quinn. I was hoping they'd be able to fetch a good price from a super bowl contender for a guy coming off the season he did. Other than that, no real complaints since it's obvious there's a plan to go young and play the youth. Find out who can/cannot play and then attack the 2023 offseason accordingly. I would've liked one more quality receiver but with the WR market getting all out of wack (thanks Jacksonville), I don't mind not overpaying.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

All the things that he should be doing are getting done. None of his moves have been genius. He's just doing the obvious stuff over and over again.

For him to make so many waiver wire claims suggests to me that he knows every player in these camps and he's ready to pounce.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
I am generally happy with Poles. It's only been a short Summer but a lot of people say that length isn't that important. It's the impact and Poles has had decent impact. I guess we've seen Spring Poles too. What's ahead of us is more important than what's happened behind us. I think we'll all be watching Poles with a lot of intensity now that the regular season is up. I just hope Poles has the endurance to run the length of a brutally long season. There's no point in coming out hard and then... splat in November. You need a consistent drive, a constant pounding of the opponents the entire season. That kind of stamina comes from fitness. But generally, I think we all like Poles.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Pretty meh and too early to tell. I liked the cap clean up. I hated the poverty oline he put together. The draft was pretty solid. I don’t like how he let George bend him over during the hc “search”.

Next year with a shit load of cap and all the draft picks will paint a diff picture than this year. Although fa seems to be a pretty underwhelming one next year

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Encouraged. Poles, Eberflus, Getsy > Pace and Nagy.

The talent is still lacking, but the previous team had to be dismantled, and we had to deal with the cap bullshit and lack of picks.

This team feels like it's halfway built. The 2023 offseason is going to be the big one. And hey, a 2 year rebuild is better than a 7 year rebuild. Am I right??? ?

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

Can we play a game first?