Nylander Re-signed

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meanwhile in Buffalo, Joker signed for 3 years at $2.5M per year.

Nice trade Stan.
Other teams have traded away first rounders too but you almost never see teams move first round D-men who made the league @19......we've done it twice the last three summers. JC convinced the dimwit GM that Joker wasn't any good or had a bad attitude or some shit after Q had him in his opening night lineup @19.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Other teams have traded away first rounders too but you almost never see teams move first round D-men who made the league @19......we've done it twice the last three summers. JC convinced the dimwit GM that Joker wasn't any good or had a bad attitude or some shit after Q had him in his opening night lineup @19.
Good points Bob. I did not like that trade one bit.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we were going to be predisposed to trading Joker away because he'd be exposed in expansion, The fact that all Stan could have got for him was Nylander is the most disappointing part.

Even if Stan had an unnatural Nylander fetish and absolutely had to have boy-wonder-if-he'll-play-like-he-wants-to-be-on-the-ice-this-game, he should have been able to get a pick or two as well.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
JC didn’t like him and the Joker did t respect the coach, just another Example of the incompetence of Blowman and his lapdog.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile in Buffalo, Joker signed for 3 years at $2.5M per year.

Nice trade Stan.
And to this day I have no clue why we traded that kid.

Q has him playing strong minutes with DK, who was coaching him every shift, then JC sends him down to Crackford where, with all that experience , played like he didn’t belong in the A if I recall correctly.

If JC is supposed to be some young player guru, which is what he was advertised as being, how in gods name do you sour on Joki who had all his cards falling into place in real time?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And to this day I have no clue why we traded that kid.

Q has him playing strong minutes with DK, who was coaching him every shift, then JC sends him down to Crackford where, with all that experience , played like he didn’t belong in the A if I recall correctly.

If JC is supposed to be some young player guru, which is what he was advertised as being, how in gods name do you sour on Joki who had all his cards falling into place in real time?
Joker was an exposure risk to Seattle. I can't quite remember if we could have had him protected if we didn't play him at all in 2019 or not, or whether he could have been slid, but as the chips fell he would have been a d-men the 'hawks would have needed to protect. I believe the logic from the 'hawks front office was that Joker and JC don't mix well, and we had/have Beaudin and Mitchell as well Gustafson (even though Gustafson didn't play defense as a defensman), so on paper the 'hawks *should* be bale to afford to lose Joker and still have some D-prospects who can turn out.

If another coach was in other than JC, I think the 'hawks should have kept him because he's not bad in the backend and defense has been an issue since at least 2016. However, JC, being Stan's sycophant, was going nowhere and I think it was best for Joker to get out of Dodge.

The biggest problem I have about that trade is that at the time, Joker was a bonafied NHL player. Raw, but an NHL player. Meanwhile Nylander had his motivation problems well-documented and hadn't made much of a dent in either the AHL or NHL. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that Joker had more value than Nylander, and there probably should have been another pick or prospect coming back for the Joker trade, but Bowman the Beancounter was so high on Nylander's "potential" that he completely ignored his motivation and attitude--not to mention that he should have learned from the Kyle Beach debacle--he was with the 'hawks at the time and should have seen how that draft pick was squandered simply because Tallon put all his chips into a project player.