O.J. Atogwe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you guys think? He's now a free agent, I think he'd be a good player for us.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I like him

Lefty

Liked Posts:
NFL Live praised him as the "best defensive player no one talks about", but I'm not exactly sure if that's good or bad.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
NFL Live praised him as the "best defensive player no one talks about", but I'm not exactly sure if that's good or bad.

Fair point...but part of the reason no one talks about him is probably due to the fact that he played in St. Lou w/ a terrible crop around him...

I just hope Minnesota doesn't pick him up......ew....

lrr50501

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears should look at him but only at right price and not break bank like he is hoping for. Reason I think this is I looked at his stats the last several years and 07' 16 games 8 ints, 08 16 games 5 ints, 09 12 games was injured late missed last 4 games 2 ints. So the question really is, is his play declining or not.

Chitown

Liked Posts:
its not just the INT's he is solid overall in coverage and is a good hitter that is definitely an upgrade over what we currently have.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Bring Him In!

We need to drop Manning and drop Bullocks (if necessary for cap room) and bring in Atogwe. He would be the perfect veteran leadership our secondary needs. Plus, he would be perfect to work with Major Wright. But it's pretty much not gonna happen because we traded for Chris Harris. But, wouldn't it be beautiful to see a defense with Peppers, Harris, Urlacher, Briggs, Harris and ATOGWE, to top it all off? A man can dream, can't he?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Atogwe isn't coming to Chicago. The Bears drafted Wright to play FS, and the contract Atogwe is seeking is too steep for the Bears after the contracts they handed out in Free Agency.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
be nice move so Harris could be backup but the dumb bears wont do whats good for team..

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Atogwe isn't coming to Chicago. The Bears drafted Wright to play FS, and the contract Atogwe is seeking is too steep for the Bears after the contracts they handed out in Free Agency.

This.

Although it would be nice to have him, it won't happen.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
Harris was not brought in to back up anyone he's a potential Pro Bowler and if we look at what the Beaar have spent so far it isn't out of the realm of possibility to sign Atogwe as we stand now our team salary is about the same as it was last year and didn't Michelle McAzzkiss say he was alotting an extra 25M to sign free agents? We still have money available if this is true...just my $.02

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Harris was not brought in to back up anyone he's a potential Pro Bowler and if we look at what the Beaar have spent so far it isn't out of the realm of possibility to sign Atogwe as we stand now our team salary is about the same as it was last year and didn't Michelle McAzzkiss say he was alotting an extra 25M to sign free agents? We still have money available if this is true...just my $.02

Having money and wanting to spend it is two different things.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I know it wont happen, but imagine Atogwe, Wright, Manning, Harris as our safeties

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I've read that the Bears management informed the front office that they spent their budget on Peppers, Taylor, and Manamaleuna.

Status
Not open for further replies.