Objective fans only: Clean slate for Justin Fields.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
If you are a QB fan boi, please carry on. This is for Bears fans.

I know there are fans that just ghost this site and perhaps are afraid to comment on Fields for the fear of severe online harassment - I'm making this thread for you.

As y'all know, I've been critical of Fields, but at the same time I've said I expect Fields to be pretty good by season's end. Well, this is it. The last four games are against sub-500 teams. Minnesota twice, NYG, and Seattle - all very beatable teams. I thought that we should be able to win 2 of the next 4 games, but one fan-boi told me that was an unreasonable expectation for Justin Fields. Okay, I'll lower it to ONE win with TWO solid performances.

See, some of the meatballs are putting completely unrealistic expectations on the next coaching staff. If Fields cannot even put up good production against sub .500 teams in the latter part of his rookie year...what can you really expect next year? A guy who's getting 330 yards and 3 TDs...LOL.

I know you had much higher expectations for Justin this year, and EVERYONE KNEW Nagy was still the coach. Things have been walked back substantially. Notice that QB stats are illegal on CCS, but the exact moment they FAVOR Fields, it will be okay to quote them again --> I guarantee this.

Keep the faith Bears fans. Fields CAN and SHOULD have some good games in these last four. Don't let the excuse-makers ruin your expectations for the franchise.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Both vets and young qbs look like dog shit with this hc so it’s hard to really have an expectation right now even against shit teams. And I did expect better out of fields than what I’ve seen. I’m just writing this season off. Next year if there is no progress fields should be replaced simple as that.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Both vets and young qbs look like dog shit with this hc so it’s hard to really have an expectation right now even against shit teams. And I did expect better out of fields than what I’ve seen. I’m just writing this season off. Next year if there is no progress fields should be replaced simple as that.
The last four games are a mini-season for me. It's renewing my interest. There's no reason he cannot lead the team to ONE victory.

Of course Nagy peppers in some of his bullshit plays, but the playcalling - especially the run - has been better with Lazor.

And last week one of Nagy's arena league plays got Fields a 46 yard TD throw. Obviously, that was an outlier, but it actually helped him on Sunday night.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Yeah, lets rip on the kid for playing with broken ribs and for getting up play after play while playing tackling dummy for an incompetent coaching staff with a group of castoffs, has beens and rookies for an Oline. And oh yeah, while we are at it, this kid never had training camp with the players he is now throwing to.

Anyone criticizing this guy, does not know jack shit about football.

We will not know what we truly have in Fields UNTIL he gets a full training camp under him with the players he will be playing the season with.... and most importantly, we will not know what we have UNTIL he plays under a NFL caliber coaching staff.

It would not hurt to get a few weapons around him too... and shore up the Oline.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Yeah, lets rip on the kid for playing with broken ribs and for getting up play after play while playing tackling dummy for an incompetent coaching staff with a group of castoffs, has beens and rookies for an Oline. And oh yeah, while we are at it, this kid never had training camp with the players he is now throwing to.

Anyone criticizing this guy, does not know jack shit about football.

We will not know what we truly have in Fields UNTIL he gets a full training camp under him with the players he will be playing the season with.... and most importantly, we will not know what we have UNTIL he plays under a NFL caliber coaching staff.

It would not hurt to get a few weapons around him too... and shore up the Oline.
Holy excuses!

You're preemptively implying he won't win or play well in any of the remaining games. I personally think he could be .500 in the next 4 and play well.

You know you've got a solid point when: yOu dONt kNoW FooTBaW comes out.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
For Fields, each week he should put in the work to feel prepared, execute the game plan to the best of his abilities and keep journaling things to improve throughout the offseason.

I expect him to keep filling up the journal for the remaining 4 games. Keep focusing on being as prepared as possible for the opponent, executing to the best of his abilities and taking good notes when all is said and done.

Just like all the QBs drafted in the first round, there's a lot of talent there. Now it's up to him on how much he learns for year 2.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
He's looked widely inconsistent so far. I think a LOT of that is on who is calling plays and designing the offense, which we know sucks ass. The O-line is a mess, especially against a real good front like CLV, GB, LAR. He's made some poor decisions and he fumbles way too much - he's gotta learn to scramble while protecting the ball. I think his floor is higher than Mitch's is/was.

But let's face it, he's landed in a shitty situation in CHI. Any judgement should be reserved for the next couple years under a new regime. I hope he's a star, but so far he's been a bit underwhelming overall - but he's had some real nice moments, too (SF, PIT). He makes a couple throws every game that you say, "Wow!" He just doesn't string enough of them together. That may come, it may not.

But one thing's for sure, he's hamstrung with a mostly shitty roster around him and a delusional coaching staff. 1 carry for Monty in the 2nd half against GB is inexcusable, especially the way they came after Fields with only 4/5 rushers. WRs need to be better, TEs need to better and the O-line is on life support. It's really hard to elevate above all that crap.

Liked Posts:
So what happens if Fields passes for 300+ yds 3+ touchdowns, no TOs and the offense scores 30+ / game but the defense gives up 40+ each game?

According to emo troll he would be considered a failure lmao. Should we hold Fields accountable over the defense as well?

Such a dumb and simple take smh.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
alone-lonely.gif

...name some players that have ever looked good in this offense under Nagy.

Consistently good, and used properly.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has a clean slate for me with a new coach, and to me that means 18 months before I even start to judge.

in terms of QB traits I’ve already seen the 5 star 5 tool lottery pedigree of one of the most talented QBs to ever play in terms of run/react/arm strength.
Accuracy and anticipation, playing within an offense…those will take me time to judge.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Wait. Did we get a new OL that I didn’t hear about?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The last four games are a mini-season for me. It's renewing my interest. There's no reason he cannot lead the team to ONE victory.

Of course Nagy peppers in some of his bullshit plays, but the playcalling - especially the run - has been better with Lazor.

And last week one of Nagy's arena league plays got Fields a 46 yard TD throw. Obviously, that was an outlier, but it actually helped him on Sunday night.
Well I’m going to tell you to expect much of the same. And I wouldn’t write him off based on those 4 games. He’s got next season to show he has an it factor of that doesn’t happen they should move on asap. But I know what you mean those teams blow we should see a better product on the field in those games.

Liked Posts:
Wait. Did we get a new OL that I didn’t hear about?
You guys clearly don't understand.

You see you can't bring up EXCUSES with Fields because that would imply there are other factors involved in one's success.

Now, please make sure to put all levels of responsibility on Fields when it comes to win & loses. Unless of course he wins but has bad stats and the reason they win is because of other guys or the other team sucks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only thing that matters is if he is learning and getting game experience. Dont give a shit about wins and losses or stats. We won't know if this season was a success until next season.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you are a QB fan boi, please carry on. This is for Bears fans.

I know there are fans that just ghost this site and perhaps are afraid to comment on Fields for the fear of severe online harassment - I'm making this thread for you.

As y'all know, I've been critical of Fields, but at the same time I've said I expect Fields to be pretty good by season's end. Well, this is it. The last four games are against sub-500 teams. Minnesota twice, NYG, and Seattle - all very beatable teams. I thought that we should be able to win 2 of the next 4 games, but one fan-boi told me that was an unreasonable expectation for Justin Fields. Okay, I'll lower it to ONE win with TWO solid performances.

See, some of the meatballs are putting completely unrealistic expectations on the next coaching staff. If Fields cannot even put up good production against sub .500 teams in the latter part of his rookie year...what can you really expect next year? A guy who's getting 330 yards and 3 TDs...LOL.

I know you had much higher expectations for Justin this year, and EVERYONE KNEW Nagy was still the coach. Things have been walked back substantially. Notice that QB stats are illegal on CCS, but the exact moment they FAVOR Fields, it will be okay to quote them again --> I guarantee this.

Keep the faith Bears fans. Fields CAN and SHOULD have some good games in these last four. Don't let the excuse-makers ruin your expectations for the franchise.
Depends on how they call the plays, and how healthy the OL/WR/DEF is. If they call the plays with his strengths in mind, then he will do well. This isn't all on him. I'd say 25-33% is on him.