CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Getsy is an uninspired choice in my opinion. He's seemingly inexperienced and was at least two steps removed from the responsibility of scheming and calling plays in GB, being behind Lafleur and Hackett.
This is a curious comment.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe the passing coordinator learned something under Aaron Rodgers?
nah not really, but many times plays broke down on the packers and rodgers had to do magical shit. Apparently, GB had situational play calling that was shared between a few other offensive coaches on the Packers.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they hire Getsy and he runs a version of LaFleur's offense that's not a bad thing.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers talked about how the coaching staff splits situational football on offense: Luke Getsy (QB)-Third down Steno/Butkus (OL)-Run game Nathaniel Hackett (OC)-"Gold zone" (red zone) Jason Vrable (WR)-Two minute Justin Outten (TE)/Ben Sirmens (RB)-Short yardage/goal line

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
you beat me to it. People here wanted Daboll because he "groomed Josh Allen". They wanted Josh McDaniels because he groomed "Mac Jones". With Pep Hamilton, all of a sudden, Davis Mills, Andrew Luck, and Justin Herbert were going to be the same without him. I'm trying to figure out when it's applicable for one and not for the other.

I get where some people's heads will go, but a lot of us remember when pep Hamilton was with the Bears under Ron Turner. At the time he was pretty horrible and every position group he oversaw sucked ass and never got better.

There's plenty of older Bears fans who still remember that and harbor that against pep Hamilton.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I get where some people's heads will go, but a lot of us remember when pep Hamilton was with the Bears under Ron Turner. At the time he was pretty horrible and every position group he oversaw sucked ass and never got better.

There's plenty of older Bears fans who still remember that and harbor that against pep Hamilton.
I just talked about this yesterday, people couldn't wait to get him out of here, now he has gone on and matured as a coach and hopefully much better. He was in over his head while with the Bears the first time.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve heard something about a Mia Khalifa coming in to work with Poles.
Nah…it’s Abella Danger connected to Chicago Bears Poles. Not a rumor, nor are the whispers of an up rising.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
This is a curious comment.

Just feels like a huge unknown regarding how much he impacted Rodgers and the GB offensive resurgence vs the two guys above him in the pecking order. But it's a little reassuring to see that Packers fans are panicked that he will leave.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right...."soft cover 2"
Fields needed someone with experience in Qb development and we hire the opposite and hope he brings in the right OC.

Here's the rumored candidates, hold on to your hat..... Kevin Patullo>>>> #65
and Mike Kafka background below......

View attachment 17227
is Getsy the right guy?, when it comes to QB developement, think Jordan Love, not in skillset, but in developement over their time in the NFL, if we think playcalling and scheme alone will turn Fields into a Franchise QB, were fooling ourselves

Rise

Liked Posts:
is Getsy the right guy?, when it comes to QB developement, think Jordan Love, not in skillset, but in developement over their time in the NFL, if we think playcalling and scheme alone will turn Fields into a Franchise QB, were fooling ourselves

Only a genie can develop Jordan Love.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Well Getsy hasn't been around long at all. Weren't there more qualified ppl out there to develop JF?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently Greg Gabriel says rumor that Getsy has the job is false. They have to interview Pep Hamilton tomorrow first.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Daboll has a less than stellar past, I wouldn't want him either

Yeah but a lot of the same people that knocking Pep were fond of Daboll.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Sounds like Daboll sucking ass elsewhere then "maturing" by the time he got to the Bills. Guess only certain people are allowed to have matured.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sounds like Daboll sucking ass elsewhere then "maturing" by the time he got to the Bills. Guess only certain people are allowed to have matured.

Or not everyone matures no matter how much time you give them, on the flip side.