OC rumors

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I have the feeling the longer it takes for an official announcement, the more divided the reaction among fanbases.

I wonder if there is a relativity equation to be discovered here.

Also, if anyone disagreees with @remydat, you are racist hahaha.

I really like Pep for Fields though, but I want to go on record as not giving a shit about remy's hyper-skin-color-awareness of candidates and CCS reactions thereof; and that does not in any way factor in my happiness if Pep joins this staff.
Fans were complaining we were taking so long to hire a GM, and then complaining we rushed to hire a HC.

There will be complaining no matter what…

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Fans were complaining we were taking so long to hire a GM, and then complaining we rushed to hire a HC.

There will be complaining no matter what…

Truth here. Timing doesn't matter to me so much as who ultimately had the choice. In the case of the HC, that was Poles whom I do not know enough to trust or distrust. In the case of Poles himself, that was ultimately George and I know enough not to trust him at all. Timing was always the furthest concern from my mind imo.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I have no idea whether Luke Getsy will work out or not, but let’s get some things straight about his track record:
He never worked with quarterbacks until 2019, meaning he’s only ever worked with Aaron Rodgers (and the backups).
He’s a wide receivers coach by trade, at several spots dating back to West Virginia Wesleyan in ‘09 and later at Western Michigan, before becoming WR coach for the Packers, then leaving for one year to be WR coach at Mississippi State.
Point being, Luke Getsy doesn’t appear to be a QB coach because, dammit, he’s just so good at working with QBs. He appears to be the QB coach because, hey, the guy’s been here with our offense as WR coach for a few years, and how much of a QB coach does Aaron Rodgers really need?
Suddenly the Pep Hamilton stuff makes sense. HE would be your Fields developer, not Getsy.
Forgetting one important thing, he was a D1 QB. I’ll take actually playing and knowing the position over a couple years coaching the position any day. It’s a huge bonus that he also knows WR so well as he can then impart that along with his QB knowledge to the passing game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't pretend I know how much. But I think it is fair to wonder if Pep is to credit for the success of all these coaches, why don't teams keep him around?

Sure it is fair to wonder. Just as it is fair to wonder if it was Daboll or mostly Allen and improved weapons like Diggs and Beasley that led to Allen's improvement.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have the feeling the longer it takes for an official announcement, the more divided the reaction among fanbases.

I wonder if there is a relativity equation to be discovered here.

Also, if anyone disagreees with @remydat, you are racist hahaha.

I really like Pep for Fields though, but I want to go on record as not giving a shit about remy's hyper-skin-color-awareness of candidates and CCS reactions thereof; and that does not in any way factor in my happiness if Pep joins this staff.

Never claimed anyone was racist. I questioned why some guys have their resumes nitpicked to death while others don't.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don't pretend I know how much. But I think it is fair to wonder if Pep is to credit for the success of all these coaches, why don't teams keep him around?
He’s the Kwai Chang Caine of football, never staying in one place long, moving with the wind to wherever there is injustice, wherever people need him…