OC rumors

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
id be hyped if it happened, but I’d want him to just be the HC lol
The unfortunate part with having a defensive minded HC is the possibility of going through several OCs. An OC makes Fields and that unit look good, they will get looks at HC. They pull a Nagy, they will get fired and bring someone new in. And then the cycle begins again.

Rise

Liked Posts:
The unfortunate part with having a defensive minded HC is the possibility of going through several OCs. An OC makes Fields and that unit look good, they will get looks at HC. They pull a Nagy, they will get fired and bring someone new in. And then the cycle begins again.

Ownership did not commit to Fields, they went back to the last time they had success which was Lovie. It’s pathetic.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No plan for offense and the return of the outdated cover 2 defense that allows mediocre qb’s to have career games. I’ll never understand this hire this is as bad as Trestman and Jauron.

Right...."soft cover 2"
Fields needed someone with experience in Qb development and we hire the opposite and hope he brings in the right OC.

Here's the rumored candidates, hold on to your hat..... Kevin Patullo>>>> #65
and Mike Kafka background below......

1643353496471.png

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Eric B is an OC so would need Reid's permission to leave. Kafka would not.
No—Not OC on Bienemy; head coach.

Let me be clear: I’m not advocating that Bienemy should’ve been the HC pick. I’m saying that your most important hire right now is whoever molds Justin Fields. Hiring Kafka as OC instead of hiring Bienemy as head coach would mean the Bears trust Kafka more with the future of the Bears than they trust Kafka’s boss.

That’s weird, unless Poles thinks Bienemy sucks or is an asshole.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Idk why everyone is so attached to the idea of hiring an OC from a team that has a successful predecessor at the helm… Andy Reid is doing the heavy labor in in KC, we already saw this pan out in Chicago. Why would Bienemy be different? He didn’t get a chance last year either.

we also have evidence of this from mcdaniels failed tenure with Denver.

Shanahan is THE man in SF. There’s no guarantee his OC is doing much more than cleaning his jock strap.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Eric B is an OC so would need Reid's permission to leave. Kafka would not.
I think Reid could block it because it isn't a HC hire, but he could be less likely to block a promotion over a lateral move.

Edit: Kafka's contract is up.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Hot take:

A team absolutely should go through a new OC every year until they find the right one. If you know it's not right, don't stick with them any longer than you have to.

Your young QB's development is too important to waste time holding onto the wrong cards because fans and analysts think it's taboo.

At some point, if you keep making the wrong OC hires, there need to be consequences for the head coach, true. But I keep hearing people say, "If you pick the wrong OC, you're stuck with them for at least a few years." No, you're not. Get their ass out if they're not right for the job.

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
No—Not OC on Bienemy; head coach.

Let me be clear: I’m not advocating that Bienemy should’ve been the HC pick. I’m saying that your most important hire right now is whoever molds Justin Fields. Hiring Kafka as OC instead of hiring Bienemy as head coach would mean the Bears trust Kafka more with the future of the Bears than they trust Kafka’s boss.

That’s weird, unless Poles thinks Bienemy sucks or is an asshole.
Or if you hire Bienemy, he is more likely to leave in a year for a head coaching gig. Kafka is further behind and would need to stick around longer and have multiple years of success before he is a head coaching candidate. And by then, a system hopefully is in place and his successor could be a coach from within.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
id be hyped if it happened, but I’d want him to just be the HC lol

So you saw the disaster it was when Nagy came from a well respected org and a HoF mentor with only 6 games of playcalling experience and your reaction is to double down and go with a guy with zero playcalling experience?

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
So you saw the disaster it was when Nagy came from a well respected org and a HoF mentor with only 6 games of playcalling experience and you reaction is to double down and go with a guy with zero playcalling experience?
Nagy is a special type of fraud. Normal people don’t have a room plastered with play calling sheets. Can’t compare everyone else to him.

Reactions: chi

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Or if you hire Bienemy, he is more likely to leave in a year for a head coaching gig. Kafka is further behind and would need to stick around longer and have multiple years of success before he is a head coaching candidate. And by then, a system hopefully is in place and his successor could be a coach from within.
Nah, my dude---Bienemy would be your head coach, not your OC. He's not leaving Fields behind for another head coaching gig if he's your head coach.

I'm not talking about asking Bienemy to come over and be your OC.

To simplify:

The Bears need someone they trust to mold their most valuable asset---Justin Fields.

The Bears decided they did not trust Eric Bienemy to do that. (which is fine).

So why would they trust Bienemy's underling to mold Fields?

This is why Kafka as OC wouldn't make any sense. You're asking a Chiefs' positional coach to take on the most important position in the Bears organization, when you could've just hired his boss as your head coach but didn't. If that happens, that will mean either Poles is an idiot or Poles hates Bienemy for some justified or unjustified reason.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Ownership did not commit to Fields, they went back to the last time they had success which was Lovie. It’s pathetic.
I think it’s silly to say that ownership is not committed to Fields. Ownership doesn’t know jack shit about football. Fields is in Poles hands now, not Georges.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Screw these young guys who have no or limited experience calling plays. With a defensive HC they need someone with experience coordinating the offense. Bring on the Caldwell.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think it’s silly to say that ownership is not committed to Fields. Ownership doesn’t know jack shit about football. Fields is in Poles hands now, not Georges.

No he is in Eberflus hands now. Do you really think this was the best man for the job?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
No he is in Eberflus hands now. Do you really think this was the best man for the job?
I say he’s in Poles hands now because he gets to decide what to do with Fields, not ownership.

I have no comment whether he was the best man for the job or not to help Fields develop. None of us do. We need to hope he can bring in a solid OC.
I would have preferred an offensive minded HC, but even that guy might have not been the best man for the job.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He’s in a yet to be named offensive coordinators hands.

Eberflus doesnt strike me as a guy who will have anything to do with the offense. I’m sure he gave the ownership his plan for Justin or whatver because he wanted the job. So he came up with something. But you’d have to think ultimately it will fall on whoever ends up actually coaching the offense. Eberflus has always been a defensive guy. So it’s a little far fetched to think he‘ll be hands on with Fields actual development. I’m sure he’ll be on some small level as HC. But a majority will fall on the OC and a couple of the other offensive coaching positions.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
"outdated cover 2"

every team runs a version and variation of the cover 2 in the course of a game