OC rumors

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it possible Eric B is coming as our OC to prove himself away from Andy Reid? I know Reid would let him do this if he wanted to. Personally I still want the Shanahan offense, but would not hate this at all.
Have the Bears asked permission to speak with him? I have not seen that. Also he has some baggage.
Like most HC candidates, I am sure Poles and Eberflus spoke about whom they are targeting for OC.
The longer it drags on without a word the more likely it is Kafka, since they don't need to ask permission, but will wait til KC is done.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Have the Bears asked permission to speak with him? I have not seen that. Also he has some baggage.
Like most HC candidates, I am sure Poles and Eberflus spoke about whom they are targeting for OC.
The longer it drags on without a word the more likely it is Kafka, since they don't need to ask permission, but will wait til KC is done.

They can't as KC is still in the playoffs. They have to wait until KC is out of the playoffs.

The same is true for anyone they are interested in on the 49ers or Rams staffs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They can't as KC is still in the playoffs. They have to wait until KC is out of the playoffs.

The same is true for anyone they are interested in on the 49ers or Rams staffs.
They can interview after the wildcard round and during the bye week before the superbowl. We'll have an answer by then.

Canth

Liked Posts:
They can interview after the wildcard round and during the bye week before the superbowl. We'll have an answer by then.

I thought I read that after the Divisional round they cannot do any interviews until the respective teams are out of the playoffs/Superbowl is over.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought I read that after the Divisional round they cannot do any interviews until the respective teams are out of the playoffs/Superbowl is over.
Bye week is open

Canth

Liked Posts:
Bye week is open

Yeah, I think I see that now in this article from strangely enough the Vikings. I'm still not sure if they can actually interview anyone in the bye week specifically for the Bears because if I am reading this right, they would have to do a prior interview in one of the other open windows. And as the Bears did not interview anyone for a coordinator position, they might not be eligible?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I think I see that now in this article from strangely enough the Vikings. I'm still not sure if they can actually interview anyone in the bye week specifically for the Bears because if I am reading this right, they would have to do a prior interview in one of the other open windows. And as the Bears did not interview anyone for a coordinator position, they might not be eligible?

I know they have changed some of the rules for Covid and because of distractions...

New rules after Wild Card playoff weekend (January 10-11)

• For a week, virtual interviews of coaching candidates on teams that won their first playoff game may proceed.
New rules after the divisional round of playoffs (January 18-24)

• Interviews with coaches still in the playoffs are prohibited until the next round of the playoffs concludes (January 25).
New rules after the conference championship game (January 25)

• Teams may interview coaches who will participate in the Super Bowl for a week leading up to the Sunday prior to the Super Bowl (January 31).

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think the longer other teams don’t hire a HC the more likely it is the top oc from these final 4 teams are their target. Until those positions are filled getting one of these guys is a pipe dream, and it might be anyways.

Mike McDaniel is already getting HC interviews, why not stay where he is?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think the longer other teams don’t hire a HC the more likely it is the top oc from these final 4 teams are their target. Until those positions are filled getting one of these guys is a pipe dream, and it might be anyways.

Because he doesn’t get to call plays in SF. Shanahan calls the plays.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Is McDaniel came to a place like Chi, was able to call plays and turn that offense around, he would get a HC job pretty quickly.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Is McDaniel came to a place like Chi, was able to call plays and turn that offense around, he would get a HC job pretty quickly.

He is already a HC candidate in a much better situation. No need to come here where he could flop and then never get a job.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He is already a HC candidate in a much better situation. No need to come here where he could flop and then never get a job.
How legit of a candidate is he? He might be part of a better organization but he’s not calling plays. And without calling plays, he might never get a shot at being a HC.

Rise

Liked Posts:
How legit of a candidate is he? He might be part of a better organization but he’s not calling plays. And without calling plays, he might never get a shot at being a HC.

guess we will see, still 7 jobs open