OC rumors

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was wondering why u cared that he was being interviewed. thanks for the answer
Not sure i would use the word care. im just letting you know what i found on twitter and tagged you because i know you're a fan.

You're welcome.

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
Jordan Love wasnt very good though, so I dont really understand going for a passing coordinator from green bay

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know. I was pointing out people dont really say this shit about Daboll but do so for guys like Pep.
you beat me to it. People here wanted Daboll because he "groomed Josh Allen". They wanted Josh McDaniels because he groomed "Mac Jones". With Pep Hamilton, all of a sudden, Davis Mills, Andrew Luck, and Justin Herbert were going to be the same without him. I'm trying to figure out when it's applicable for one and not for the other.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Jordan Love wasnt very good though, so I dont really understand going for a passing coordinator from green bay
Maybe the passing coordinator learned something under Aaron Rodgers?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like this. If a deal is in place for Getsy, and they're still talking to Pep, it probably means they want Pep as the QB coach and passing game coordinator. When Getsy leaves eventually, Pep gets promoted to OC and continue with Fields.

Pep could go to the Panthers to be their OC, but Rhule doesn't have job security. He could stay in Houston as QB coach, but his coach just got fired and he doesn't know who the new coach will be. Chicago might be his best bet of job security

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Kyle Shanahan tree for me. I want that offense (49ers style) not just the OC, need the entire staff with this background because if it works the OC is gone and need a replacement.
The 49er offense with a better QB than in SF and a GM that likes the big uglies.

Yes, please.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I like this. If a deal is in place for Getsy, and they're still talking to Pep, it probably means they want Pep as the QB coach and passing game coordinator. When Getsy leaves eventually, Pep gets promoted to OC and continue with Fields.

Pep could go to the Panthers to be their OC, but Rhule doesn't have job security. He could stay in Houston as QB coach, but his coach just got fired and he doesn't know who the new coach will be. Chicago might be his best bet of job security
Panthers already hired that weirdo Ben MacAdoooo as their OC

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Getsy is an uninspired choice in my opinion. He's seemingly inexperienced and was at least two steps removed from the responsibility of scheming and calling plays in GB, being behind Lafleur and Hackett.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
A Kafka pick would be strange. That would mean Ryan Poles trusts Mike Kafka more with the future of the Bears than he trusts Kafka’s boss Eric Bienemy.

A Chiefs positional coach becomes the most important person in the Bears organization not named Justin Fields.

The only excuse for that is if Bienemy actually sucks or is an asshole or something. Does it mean something that Poles didn’t even toss his old multi-year colleague an interview? It has to. Otherwise, a Kafka hire to mold Fields makes no sense.
You're right, I had not thought of that. Good point.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getsy is an uninspired choice in my opinion. He's seemingly inexperienced and was at least two steps removed from the responsibility of scheming and calling plays in GB, being behind Lafleur and Hackett.
he was supposed to be the guy the Packers promoted to OC after Hacket left. Either him or the OL coach. However, OL coach going to Denver with Hackett, and Getsy would call plays with Chicago. Something he won't do in GB. Packer fans are not happy about potentially losing him. He apparently is the one who draws all their passing plays. Maybe that's why there always seem to be a WR open anytime we play the Packers. Either that or the Bears secondary is trash.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I thought I read that after the Divisional round they cannot do any interviews until the respective teams are out of the playoffs/Superbowl is over.
Yes that's correct, the previous poster was incorrect.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Brad Spielberger, Esq.

@PFF_Brad

24m

Getsy is a Joe Moorhead disciple, so I was wrong earlier to say McCarthy if anything (but definitely not Shanahan). Primarily 11-personnel, Up-tempo, lot of RPOs. Fields’ legs will be a factor as well.
Is this the Joe Moorhead that went from the Ducks OC job to Akron HC? If so he was awful at Oregon, bland "O", boring and misuse of talent.