Of the 9 named HC candidates is there anyone you'd hate?

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’ve no interest in Frazier, Pederson, Daboll or Leftwich.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Frazier, Leftwich, Hacket would disappoint me.

Flores, Peterson, Roman would intrigue.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
1. The fact there is an older coach ( or a few) doesn't mean age isn't an issue. It's not "OMG, he's old, he will die on the sideline". It's "Oh, Fuck, he's a relic from the 80's who doesn't recognize the forward pass as a viable play call."

2. Bill Belichick is probably not the only coach to succeed after having a losing recod in his first stint, but pointing to an exception and suggesting we should not consider Frazier'ss previous record is nuts. And for the record, BB took over a miserable Cleveland team and turned them into a playoff team. Frazier wasn't routinely 7-9, he was 11 games under in 3 full seasons. His offense and defense both ranked in the lower half of the league.

3. He's doing well in Buffalo as DC. And every year we go through this same cycle. Teams in the playoffs must automatically have the best coaches. Think how unlikely it is that all the results are due to assistants on the sidelines and not the talent on the field.

Your concern with defensive guys is mine as well - who is the OC and what's your plan? Right or wrong, I tend to think defensive HCs are likely to me more conservative on offense. There are exceptions, such as BB, but it's common.

Lastly, if I am unfair in suggesting the bears are only considering him because he played for them, why aren't other teams considering him?
What solid HC candidate are people looking at who’s team has NOT been successful and in the playoffs? I’ll wait….

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People keep mentioning fraziers defense, but doesn't McDermott run the defense in Buffalo?
I remember reading something where McDermott said it’s Fraziers defense but can’t find the article now.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Roman is my #1, but to the question about who I would hate. Leftwich just baffles me that an OC riding the Brady coat tails is a hot name.

His other crowning achievement was having Winston throw a million interceptions? I don't know if anyone was paying attention but before he got hurt this season with the Saints Winston was throwing 14TDs and 3 INTs (4.6 to 1 ratio) with a 102 Rating.

Under Leftwich, Winston threw 33TD and 30 INTs (1.1 to 1 ratio) with a 84 rating.

Sorry but he is not running that offense in Tampa, Brady is....how the hell does that make him a qualified candidate for HC?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So the Bear have Andy Dalton who played most of the previous year under Moore. What do you think the odds are that Polian or George ask him about his experiences in Dallas?:rolleyes:
George- 0%
Polian - 50%

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Roman is my #1, but to the question about who I would hate. Leftwich just baffles me that an OC riding the Brady coat tails is a hot name.

His other crowning achievement was having Winston throw a million interceptions? I don't know if anyone was paying attention but before he got hurt this season with the Saints Winston was throwing 14TDs and 3 INTs (4.6 to 1 ratio) with a 102 Rating.

Under Leftwich, Winston threw 33TD and 30 INTs (1.1 to 1 ratio) with a 84 rating.

Sorry but he is not running that offense in Tampa, Brady is....how the hell does that make him a qualified candidate for HC?
He had lasik eye surgery bruh. Gotta be able to see.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

His other crowning achievement was having Winston throw a million interceptions? I don't know if anyone was paying attention but before he got hurt this season Winston was throwing 14TDs and 3 INTs (4.6 to 1 ratio) with a 102 Rating.

Except he’s not just riding Brady’s coat tails. It’s been discussed a bunch. And Bruce Arians gives his stamp of approval. I think BA is a damn fine coach and that goes a long ways with me.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For all the Flores people I just can’t see George hiring him.

Flores is the type of Alpha personality that scares the living shit out of the McCaskeys.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Hackett and Frazier. Don’t really want Flores but I wouldn’t be mad about it.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For all the Flores people I just can’t see George hiring him.

Flores is the type of Alpha personality that scares the living shit out of the McCaskeys.

Isn't that the point of having the Diversity Manager there? To tell skinny white George to not be afraid of the strong black man?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Follow up question:

Anyone you really think they're missing on that should be on this list? (other than Harbaugh)

I'd like to see Brian Callahan and Josh McDaniels myself.

EDIT: Kellen Moore too

and Roman to make @Anytime23 happy!
Please add Dave Toub to the list ... and he will probably end up tops on my list.

Proven leader of men.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Except he’s not just riding Brady’s coat tails. It’s been discussed a bunch. And Bruce Arians gives his stamp of approval. I think BA is a damn fine coach and that goes a long ways with me.
I agree BA is a great coach (damn you Bears for not landing him when you had the chance!!). Reid gave his stamp of approval for Nagy...because that is what you do in the public eye as a HC in the NFL.

Even if it has been "discussed" a bunch, it still does not change the fact that his only other experience is with Winston and that was by ALL measures a disaster.

I will gladly eat my words if he ends up being better than Nagy was, but he appears to be in the exact same situation.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I agree BA is a great coach (damn you Bears for not landing him when you had the chance!!). Reid gave his stamp of approval for Nagy...because that is what you do in the public eye as a HC in the NFL.

Even if it has been "discussed" a bunch, it still does not change the fact that his only other experience is with Winston and that was by ALL measures a disaster.

I will gladly eat my words if he ends up being better than Nagy was, but he appears to be in the exact same situation.
Unbelievable. Bruce Arians and Cutler could’ve been very, very good. Too bad the Bears just get in their own way.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
And of course McCaskeys can't ask about X's and O's because they don't know football worth shit. Which is why it should terrify everyone that they are holding interviews for coaches without a GM.

George: So Doug, tell me about what your typical day is as a coach?

SMFH
If it weren't for Polian being in the building, every head coach candidate could fool George and Teddy, when asked about X's and O's, by talking about their divorces and then talking about this:

R.21670930cd154a5b506e7a80039d3cf8