Off-season Trade Proposal!?!?!

Rose1

Liked Posts:
!Alert, Amare is Available!
Pros: Amare is a player whom just hit his prime. He plays with a rare toughness; and confidence that not only sells tickets but captures the essence of Chicago's tough inner-city. He arguably becomes the best PF in the East once acquired. Suns' GM Kerr relationship with the Bulls organization just might pay the gaps. After all, the 21 and 8 PF-C is available when conquered by their GM this past mid-season. Last, Stoudemire is impressed with Rose: http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009/feb/14/sports/chi-14-nba-all-star-stoudemirefeb14

Cons: Amare takes heat for his indifference personality that may come across as bogus; but nevertheless has not let it affect his game on-court. Though, many will keep it in question and monitor it. Another thing, Amare injury background has been at a moderate rate but it can go the premium route. All that said, I'll still keep trust in him. After all, Vinny and Amare have a nice relationship from all indication of the past. I mean, if Jordan and Phil Jackson could deal with Rodman partying before games and showing up with proficient games in pending, then I know Rose and Vinny can handle the milder Stoudemire.

Chicago receives: A. Stoudemire, G. Dragic, trade exception (Iverson)

Denver receives: Ty. Thomas, K. Hinrich, A.Tucker

Phoenix receives: L. Deng, N. Hilario, J. Noah, Bulls 2009 first round pick (both negotiable)

Bulls 08-09 summary: Our front-court lack consistency inside far as scoring, balance, and toughness. Our back-court is our biggest strength. With the inevitable Gordon pending of leaving, we might need to replace him and his clutch. I've seen the "most underrated" Salmons but his age might require him some help next year obviously. Hinrich makeup just isn't a go-to scorer. Rose prefers to be more of a facilitator than a scorer. So who should be on the Bulls radar come draft time...?

Notables: Craig Brackins - inside scorer with stats to prove it.
BJ Mullens - Legit C, nice tool shed, just needs seasoned to pros ala 95-96 Garnett.
Jrue Holiday - soon to be D-Wade, just waiting on him to grow into his body.
Chase Budinger - pure touch from arc, and authentic 2-3.
AJ Ogilvy - A younger Brad Miller.

rosehigher.jpg

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
This makes absolutely no sense as the reason the Suns would trade Amare is to make pay cuts and they take on even worse contract. Second Nene is having a really good season for the Nuggets and there is no way they would want Tyrus Thomas. Lastly why would Nuggets would to pay Kirk Hinrich 26 million a year when they have a way better point guard in Billups

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I think the trade makes more sense if you remove Denver from it.

Tyrus + Hinrich for Amare is probably more exciting than Deng + Nene for a team that wants to save money.

Still, I think the Suns would want Jerome James (insured so he's not costing them cash even though he's on the cap). Jerome James + Tyrus + draft picks after we draft them would be a really competitive offer. Save them a ton of money (4 million or so on the cap and 9 million in cash) + no long term commitments except for rookie deals.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I think we might have to go for Amare because I just see no way the Raptors turn down offer from the Heat of Cook and Beasley

Rose1

Liked Posts:
If your going to be critical, at least bring a cemented response back that I would respect. You just bashed my concept kid!

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Your concept made no sense. I just don't get why you threw Denver into the equation

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I like Amare more than Bosh because he brings that Chicago southside toughness. I'm talking about that toughness you here Obama, Rose, and Garnett talk about. He solidify the face of our franchise quickly.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Well, I think moving Amare out the conference would motivate them to do something. Besides, Thomas provides what Nene does right now but more growth with Anthony. Phoenix shouldn't mind because they have Shaq and you know what Nene is going to bring to the table. Plus, Hinrich gives Denver more depth, which they lack.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
By the way I have never heard Rose talk about this so called toughness. If were the Gm of the Bulls I would definetely go after Bosh considering hes justing entering his prime. Bosh and Rose would make one of best 1-2 punches in the league. I definetely expect them to go after Bosh and Sam Smith said on Bulls Beat Weekly today that he will be the guy they go after

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Bosh can throw it do too, but that doesn't mean he is tough does it?

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Alright, Amare image is intriguing to the Chicago public and that's nothing minus on Bosh part. I just think Amare is more appealing. Sorry you don't feel that way.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Arguing Bosh vs Amare is like arguing which super model you'd rather sleep with.

Either of these guys would be such a huge improvement that it's not worth arguing which you'd rather have. If you can get either you jump on it.

I just don't think Phoenix is giving up Amare and taking back long term salary like Hinrich, Deng, or Nene in the original example. Phoenix wants to save money.

Gene

Liked Posts:
I'd much rather have Bosh. He has a chill attitude and doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would disrupt the locker room. Amare on the other hand I have heard has been a real jerk so far in his career. I think Bosh is the more versatile player as well. I think his outside shooting is better(more able to create his own shot), he's quicker, he's younger and he throws it down just as hard as Amare.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Chicago receives - Stoudemire, and Barbosa

Phoenix receives - Deng, Ty. Thomas, Hinrich, Noah, and Bulls 2009 first round draft pick (either negotiable)

Rose, Barbosa
Salmons, Gordon
?Free Agent/Draft Pick?, Tim Thomas
Stoudemire, ?Free Agent?
Brad Miller, Gray

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I understand but Raptors aren't trading Bosh while Kerr has said he will give up Amare.

fola

Liked Posts:
My biggest worries with Amare:

1. His knee. Being that much of his game is predicated on his explosivness
2. If Rose is as good (or even half as good) as we think he'll be, im not sure that Amare's personality can handle being a permanent second fiddle. I may be wrong, but that's what I believe.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
Chicago receives - Stoudemire, and Barbosa

Phoenix receives - Deng, Ty. Thomas, Hinrich, Noah, and Bulls 2009 first round draft pick (either negotiable)

Rose, Barbosa
Salmons, Gordon
?Free Agent/Draft Pick?, Tim Thomas
Stoudemire, ?Free Agent?
Brad Miller, Gray

I still don't think you're considering what Phoenix wants. Their owner, Robert Sarver, lost 100s of millions in real estate due to the economic collapse. He wants to save money. He's not going ot take back anything that includes Luol Deng's contract. He also probably won't want Kirk Hinrich's contract.

He wants to save cash.

Tyrus Thomas + Jerome James + our 1st rounder (after the draft and after the player is signed so his salary counts) for Amare Stoudemire. Saves them 10 million in cash in season 1 and helps keep them under the luxury tax saving them more money.

That's the kind of deal the Suns will be looking for. The other thing they may consider is if we take Jason Richardson off their hands for say Brad Miller as well. That would save them a ton of long term salary as well and make them happy most likely.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
I understand but Raptors aren't trading Bosh while Kerr has said he will give up Amare.

Most NBA execs believe Bosh will be shopped this summer and will leave Toronto for nothing if they don't move him this summer.