Offense Struggles again on Tuesday

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Well yeah, the Bears offense has like...maybe one?...good player on the entire side of the ball. The Bears are actually the exact type of unit the Packers love to destroy, garnering the awe of mouthbreathing illiterates like chibears89 or whatever his name is.
Did I fail to mention the Packers offense will also clown your precious Bears defense? Newsflash: The Bears D scares no one.

I know I am stating the obvious here, but you seem to be under some delusion that the Bears defense is good, and the Packers D sucks.

I laugh because you will get a very rude awakening on the night of September 18th.

Again, I don't normally have to state the obvious, because it is already a known fact that the Bears are one of the worst teams in the league. Defensively as well.

But you delusionally seem to think that is not the case.

Stay off the ledge this season. Maybe call a friend to keep a eye on you on gamedays.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Nah Bears are pretty good defensively. Just how good will depend on these rookies in the defensive backfield, but the front seven is very strong and much improved. Getting rid of Khalil Mack, Eddie Goldman and Danny Trevathan are all three addition by subtraction moves. Enough to certainly call it in the top half of the league with easy potential to be top ten and maybe (if things go really well with Brisker and they stay healthy) top five.

Fact is the Bears have one of the best players at the league at the most important defensive position on the field, and that makes a big difference. Now if the Bears trade Robert Quinn things might not be so rosy, but it seems like there's mutual interest in keeping him around.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Nah Bears are pretty good defensively. Just how good will depend on these rookies in the defensive backfield, but the front seven is very strong and much improved. Getting rid of Khalil Mack, Eddie Goldman and Danny Trevathan are all three addition by subtraction moves. Enough to certainly call it in the top half of the league with easy potential to be top ten and maybe (if things go really well with Brisker and they stay healthy) top five.

Fact is the Bears have one of the best players at the league at the most important defensive position on the field, and that makes a big difference. Now if the Bears trade Robert Quinn things might not be so rosy, but it seems like there's mutual interest in keeping him around.
What is the most important defensive position on the field?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Did I fail to mention the Packers offense will also clown your precious Bears defense? Newsflash: The Bears D scares no one.

I know I am stating the obvious here, but you seem to be under some delusion that the Bears defense is good, and the Packers D sucks.

I laugh because you will get a very rude awakening on the night of September 18th.

Again, I don't normally have to state the obvious, because it is already a known fact that the Bears are one of the worst teams in the league. Defensively as well.

But you delusionally seem to think that is not the case.

Stay off the ledge this season. Maybe call a friend to keep a eye on you on gamedays.
Throwing to who exactly? Nearly half last years packers receiving production willingly left and is wearing silver and black.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Honestly, this is the first time I'm growing concerned for Fields development. The whole thing about him getting the ball out the slowest of the QB's, and the way they address it is shortening up his throwing motion, better footwork are some obvious things you can control, and they're good improvements. But he sometimes seems too slow or relaxed of a guy. I like my QB to have an ease about him in the pocket, but he also needs to have a quick twitch, observant, and make fluid decisions. The latter part I'm not sure JF1 has yet. And this is while he's not getting hit, his decisions and sharpness are not there. I'm not sure how you teach a guy up to get those, or if you just have to give it time and hope they show up. But either way, he's gotta get better than this. The whole thing of needing a scheme to fit his skillset and all that is secondary to the above criteria

The most optimistic part of me was hoping he came into this camp having grown dramatically, and demonstrating those skills. But I'm starting to think we're going to have to see his growing pains live over the season, if they're going to come
You do realize he’s learning a completely new, but much better, offense, and also adjusting to a bunch of new receivers as well? And it’s been a week. Patience….

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You do realize he’s learning a completely new, but much better, offense, and also adjusting to a bunch of new receivers as well? And it’s been a week. Patience….
Agreed. I’m personally just curious about what his mechanics are like in live practice… it’s different than qb drills…

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a lot of banter that Justin is late in his reads, but at least it's only training camp

DickButkus97

Liked Posts:
Yeah. That's pretty bad. And Neal isn't some midget either
Harry slowed down and didn't go up with two hands. He could have caught it in the corner of the end zone. That's a matter of chemistry lacking with Justin.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Harry slowed down and didn't go up with two hands. He could have caught it in the corner of the end zone. That's a matter of chemistry lacking with Justin.

He was wide open working 7 on 7 drills. EIGHT less bodies all around crowding the field. Gaps everywhere to throw.

On a side note Fields also threw a pick 6 to Gordon just a couple days earlier working red zone drills. That's 80+ yards the other way which absolutely kills team momentum on sundays.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
a lot of banter that Justin is late in his reads, but at least it's only training camp
1. Who's saying he's late on his reads? Legit journalists or a goof with a twitter account who has no idea what he's looking at?

2. On the "late" miss to Harry, an onlooker said from the other angle it's clear that Fields saw him, pulled up and tried to make a perfect throw. Point being, in practice he's not getting better tossing lay ups to wide open receivers, he was trying to make a pass that no one but Harry could get to.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
On the other side, the Packers defense was playing a west coast team in the snow with Jimmy G as the QB. Not exactly an offense that’s gonna set the world on fire.
Packers D was top 10 in points and yards last season and got significantly better in the offseason.

Also, your post doesn't really have anything to do with my post unless you also blame the packers D for losing a game 13-10

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Packers D was top 10 in points and yards last season and got significantly better in the offseason.

Also, your post doesn't really have anything to do with my post unless you also blame the packers D for losing a game 13-10
I'm starting to respect 89. He was a little sketchy with me to begin with(Typical Bear Fan Butthurt) but I have noticed some actual brain function there that I only see on CCS with a select few.

I am not only agreeing with him here because he is saying this Packers D was good last and year, and got significantly better in offseason. I like what he is saying, because he is speaking truth without bias.

It is a blast watching the Packers offense and defense go at each other in camp. It got very real when the pads went on. You can see each unit making the other better. Aaron has said the offense is going to take it's lumps against this defense that is looking like the best D in years in Green Bay. And the D is also taking it's lumps against the O. Two great units going at it. You can see something special forming out there. Now, I will admit that I am positive every year in the preseason, but there is a diff vibe going on right now. This team is fully focused on one goal. #UnfinishedBusiness.
They know anything less than a Lombardi this year is unacceptable to all.

Am I saying the Packers are above and beyond the best team in the league? No. Buffalo, Green Bay, Kansas City, Tampa, and the Rams are all elite teams.

Is this whole Packers roster more than talented enough to compete with the other elite teams? Yes. Is this team overall good enough to bring a 5th Lombardi to it's home in Green Bay?

Hell yes it is!

Celebrate any little growth with the Bears this season. Those will be your victories. If Getsy can get those cats to get just a little better each day. In a couple years, with some more talent, it could be something. Baby steps. Talking like the Bears are even close to good enough to sneak in the playoffs this season? That is 100% delusional. Your team sucks hard donkey dick, but is trying to build something that hasn't been even close to a strong foundation in several years. Don't try and compare them to the Packers in ANY way. They are universes apart.

OneTeamOneNation

PackerNation!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Forty thousand posts actually says you've been scouring the internet pretty much every day of your life for the last decade (at least). Keep telling yourself I'm the one without a life though. Here's to forty-thousand more.
Thanks. I didn’t say you didn’t have a life. I think you’re projecting again!

DB012031

Liked Posts:

Ohio State QBs in the NFL​

YEARNAMEROUNDRECORDCAREER STATISTICS
1982Art Schlichter10-61,006 yards, 3 TDs, 11 INTs
1985Mike Tomczak*FA42-3116,079 yards, 88 TDs, 106 INTs
1988Tom Tupa34-93,430 yards, 12 TDs, 25 INTs
1992Kent Graham817-217,801 yards, 39 TDs, 33 INTs
1996Bobby Hoying33-9-12,544 yards, 11 TDs, 15 INTs
1999Joe Germaine40-0136 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs
2004Craig Krenzel53-2718 yards, 3 TDs, 6 INTs
2007Troy Smith54-41,734 yards, 8 TDs, 5 INTs
2011Terrelle Pryor**33-71,994 yards, 9 TDs, 12 INTs
2016Cardale Jones40-096 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT
2019Dwayne Haskins13-102,804 yards, 12 TDs, 14 INTs

Such a dumb and misleading stat...Yea, Ohio State QB's have not been good in the NFL but why, look at their average drafted round. On average they aren't drafted till the end of the 3rd Round/Early 4th. They are not expected to be good. Its not like Ohio State has a rich history of QB's going in the 1st/2nd round and they all busted. If that was the case, then yea, don't draft an OSU QB early because they all bust based on draft status.

But when your average QB is drafted late 3rd/early 4th, they aren't expected to be world beaters or even a starters.

Haskins was over-drafted, plain and simple. Anyone that watched him in college knew he wasn't a first round draft pick. Hell, you can say the same thing about Alabama QB's, they all suck when they get to the NFL as well.

You cannot even grade Fields until he is at least 1 full year removed from Nagy, that is how bad Matt Nagy really is. If Justin still sucks by the end of year 3, then so be it, call him a bust. But no one can judge any QB under Nagy because the guy is a total fraud and has to have incriminating evidence of so many people in order to find this many jobs.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Forty thousand posts actually says you've been scouring the internet pretty much every day of your life for the last decade (at least). Keep telling yourself I'm the one without a life though. Here's to forty-thousand more.
6400+ posts since October of 2020 doesn’t exactly scream “I’m above this place” either you know.