Offensive line

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why on almost every run they’re moving laterally, rather than moving the los? You see glimpses of man, and it works, then they stop doing it. I realize you adjust to different fronts, but these guys are not talented enough to run zone every (run) play.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t the offensive coordinator/line coach and running backs coach adjust that? Am I missing something?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I'd guess it has to do with the RPO. If linemen go more than one yard downfield on an RPO it's an ineligible man downfield penalty.

So to avoid that from happening our linemen stretch block horizontally instead of blast blocking vertically.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nagy's scheme is zone heavy.

And as the ridler said....its RPO.

Fairly easy to see it wasn't any of our offensive line coaches, its literally our offensive scheme. The talent doesn't match the scheme. Shit, the only OL who might have the finesse to play in this scheme is Daniels and he already died.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They don’t have the power to not run zone.

Leno and Whitehair are zone only players.They aren’t powerful enough to execute power concepts.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great points. I didn't realize they couldn't block downfield, but that Makes sense about the RPO. These guys are literally being held back by Nagy.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
They get blown off the LOS regardless of scheme, personal, defensive front or play call.
It's the only consistant thing about this offense.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'd guess it has to do with the RPO. If linemen go more than one yard downfield on an RPO it's an ineligible man downfield penalty.

So to avoid that from happening our linemen stretch block horizontally instead of blast blocking vertically.
This is the root of the problem last year too, and the reality is that a pass calls for a different technique than a run, and in a RPO, they really can not be aggressive with either one of them, so they look bad at both.

But in the First half of the Vikes game they were firing off the ball and running run plays with what appeared to be some conviction and results, then Patterson got stuffed on a off tackle run and they proceeded to run sweeps and WR screens the rest of the night.

The RPO confuses our O-line and they are not talented enough to be second guessing what the play actually will be.

Perhaps this is why they are always looking behind them to see if the RB or QB was tackled so they know what option was taken :unsure:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why on almost every run they’re moving laterally, rather than moving the los? You see glimpses of man, and it works, then they stop doing it. I realize you adjust to different fronts, but these guys are not talented enough to run zone every (run) play.
Even in zone, you are still supposed to pick a target and put your hat on them. Somebody is teaching this like it's a dance. D is coming so a pass option doesn't have to prevent that. If they are waiting 2 yards downfield and spread out, back should get 4 yards every time.

Bears are the only team that doesn't understand that the offensive in OL isn't a verb.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

thank God...

Zone run schemes fucking blow. You literally need to invest so much into your offense to run that shit. You have to be more athletic at the point of attack and better than the guy in from of you to run it. We literally draft nobody to run that scheme from an o line perspective. Not only do they have bad athleticism for the scheme but their technique is appalling too. Half the time 2 of them can’t get in front of their guy so they dive on the ground hoping to impede the defenders route to the ball.

We can run ISO and PA off it if we get a new FB.

We have a really good TE combo for PA passing. It’s ridiculous that we haven’t figured out how to use this.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Injuries have played a part with the O-line but Whitehair's back and the O-line sucked before the injuries because the FO looks at the O-line as an afterthought........one O-lineman was brought in on a cheap one year and two more were drafted in the SEVENTH round this summer.
Watched a game last year with a buddy who bets BIG on the NFL and he told me to watch the introductions of good team's offenses during the first series of a game. DAM if you don't see good team's O-linemen drafted in the early rounds
all the time. Doesn't matter who the RB is if he's hit behind the line of scrimmage and it doesn't matter who the QB is if he's runnin' for his life every play. Don't the Bears have a former D-lineman or two playin' on the O-line? WTF!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy's scheme is zone heavy.

And as the ridler said....its RPO.

Fairly easy to see it wasn't any of our offensive line coaches, its literally our offensive scheme. The talent doesn't match the scheme. Shit, the only OL who might have the finesse to play in this scheme is Daniels and he already died.

So you no longer a believer in Castillo's magic pixie dust?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Great. Not only is Mitch not a bust, but our oline could be better with a different scheme. This is all Nagy - certainly many of our offensive players will be probowlers on another team.