Offensive woes - missing the point

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What the hell is going on in here? The only thing that seems normal on a daily basis is that @Anytime23 is in here trolling like he does every thread. The guy literally posts in every thread that gets made on CCS.

Either way this thread is way out there.
You don't even know what trolling is.

How does your male orderly let you get so much screen time? Figured someone as Special person as you would get more book time or have you doing some puzzles on the back of a cheerio box. Please give me your institutions contact info so i can call them regarding a better treatment plan for you so that you can get better. Us here at CCS care about you. Thank you.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I have a hard time judging our offensive talent when we haven't had a QB who could accurately deliver the ball down the field nor an O line who can give him time to do so. Add to that a play caller who likes to run a lot of short routes and throws behind the line of scrimmage.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Excellent post. The Bears simply lack playmakers at WR. AR is the only standout and Mooney is a work in progress. After that, really nothing. Creates a problem for the offense and whoever is at QB.
The problem is that Nagy don’t know how to utilize the players around him.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Nagy play calling like he gets a bonus on how many different personnel groupings he utilizes.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can anyone recommend a book to gain more insight into football? This "draft good players" concept is like, next level stuff.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Excellent post. The Bears simply lack playmakers at WR. AR is the only standout and Mooney is a work in progress. After that, really nothing. Creates a problem for the offense and whoever is at QB.
I personally don’t think they lack playmakers. However they don’t have a HC/OC that puts them in the best position to make plays. ARob, Mooney & Goodwin can all be threats in an offense with a proper OC. How has there not been one deep ball attempt to Goodwin, Mooney or Byrd yet?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I personally don’t think they lack playmakers. However they don’t have a HC/OC that puts them in the best position to make plays. ARob, Mooney & Goodwin can all be threats in an offense with a proper OC. How has there not been one deep ball attempt to Goodwin, Mooney or Byrd yet?
Yeah, I have a feeling if Mcvay were coach the “bears don’t have play makers narrative” would not be a thing. He’d likely lean on the run game (less shotgun runs) and utilize more play action for deep shots down field.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I have a feeling if Mcvay were coach the “bears don’t have play makers narrative” would not be a thing. He’d likely lean on the run game (less shotgun runs) and utilize more play action for deep shots down field.
Completely agree. We have 3 Wrs capable of being very productive, but again Nagy doesn’t utilize them properly. The sad thing is our top 3 Wrs have combined for like 205 yards. There are 7 Wrs in the league who have more individual yards than our Wrs combined

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
So we can keep bitching at Nagy for his ineptitude on O and how we cannot score more than 14 PPG, but as I look at other NFL teams, who on this Bears team scares you as a mis match/weapon?

The sad thing is the last two NFL drafts were loaded ...and I mean loaded at the WR position and all we got out of it is a project (Mooney) in the 6th round. and a TE (KMet) who is Heath Miller at best ....in comparison, these NFL teams all drafted weapons at the WR position:

- Dallas picked up a stud in Ceedee Lamb (that they did not need) to match with Cooper and Gallup
- Eagles picked up Devonta Smith + Jalen Raegor
- Denver picked up Jeudy + KJ Hamler (after getting Sutton the draft before) + Noah Fant
- Oakland picked up Ruggs + B Edwards (and they already had a stud in Waller who is a WR in a TE body)
- Miami picked up Jaylen Waddle (to complement Devonte Parker and then went into FA and got Will Fuller)
- Bengals picked up Tee Higgins and then decided to get J. Chase in the next draft to load up the WR room (where they had Tyler Boyd already)
- Niners picked up Deebo Samuel + Brandon Aiyuk back to back drafts
- Arizona drafted Rondale Moore + Kirk (to complement their big FA signings/trades in AJ GReen and Hopkins)
- Baltimore drafted Marquise Brown and Rashod Bateman
- Pittsburgh drafted Chase Claypool after they drafted Diontae Johnson and Ju Ju
- Browns decided to go after Landry and OBJ in FA
- Vikings drafted Jefferson to complement Thielen
- Falcons drafted Pitts after they had drafted Ridley
- Titans draft AJ Brown and then go get Julio in FA
- Seahawks draft DJ Metcalf
- Rams draft Cooper Kupp

See my point? The only weapon the Bears have added has been ARob and he is not even as studly as most of the players I listed above....until we get 3 studs on this team on O who scare opposing defenses and create mis matches, how are we going to improve on O? We need to ensure the 2nd and 3rd round pick next year is used to get weapons for Fields
this is actually the most garbage shit I've ever seen. the amount of inconsistencies up and down is astonishing who are you trying to fool ?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Completely agree. We have 3 Wrs capable of being very productive, but again Nagy doesn’t utilize them properly. The sad thing is our top 3 Wrs have combined for like 205 yards. There are 7 Wrs in the league who have more individual yards than our Wrs combined
Mcvay would also exploit matchups and tendencies from the opposing D. Nagy just calls plays for no rhyme or reason. Bears would prob be a top 12-15 offense with a real coach.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Mcvay would also exploit matchups and tendencies from the opposing D. Nagy just calls plays for no rhyme or reason. Bears would prob be a top 12-15 offense with a real coach.
And a real GM would have gave the real coach a better OL.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
See my point?

No because your "point" is dumb as fuck.

Enough with the excuses. It's embarrassing.

I love how our meatball fanbase can watch McVay scheme up concepts to get literal no-name WRs like Van Jefferson wide fucking open for a 67 yard TD against us only to come here and make excuses about our supposed lack of talent at WR as if that's the thing holding the Bears offense back... ?

Earth to meatballs: the problem is NAGY.

His "scheme" doesn't fit his roster, his game plans lack common sense, and his throw shit at a wall style of play-calling has absolutely no strategy behind it.

A smart coach would have realized by now that his best offensive player is #32 and tailored his scheme, gameplans, and playcalling accordingly. Guarantee you an actually smart coach like McVay could get 2x the production from this same exact roster of supposedly trash players.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
I can't disagree about Nagy. But the oline and WRs should've been worked on for the last 4 years. We went D instead and we didn't win because of it.

We don't know if the oline is fixed. We know we have a lot of good players on D and a lot of draft picks invested in them. So until we know the offense is able to stand on its own offense should be the focus.

Agree to a degree. I don't think it makes a difference as long as Nagy has the offense. We won't find out what we have until he's replaced.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this is actually the most garbage shit I've ever seen. the amount of inconsistencies up and down is astonishing who are you trying to fool ?
Perspective is definitely lacking here.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No because your "point" is dumb as fuck.

Enough with the excuses. It's embarrassing.

I love how our meatball fanbase can watch McVay scheme up concepts to get literal no-name WRs like Van Jefferson wide fucking open for a 67 yard TD against us only to come here and make excuses about our supposed lack of talent at WR as if that's the thing holding the Bears offense back... ?

Earth to meatballs: the problem is NAGY.

His "scheme" doesn't fit his roster, his game plans lack common sense, and his throw shit at a wall style of play-calling has absolutely no strategy behind it.

A smart coach would have realized by now that his best offensive player is #32 and tailored his scheme, gameplans, and playcalling accordingly. Guarantee you an actually smart coach like McVay could get 2x the production from this same exact roster of supposedly trash players.
Fucking Nagy’s offensive coordinator Lazor gets more production out of his players as evident last season. I want to say Nagy’s style of play calling is reminiscent of a Madden player but I’ve seen madden players actually target opponents weaknesses and lean on the teams strengths.

This team is built on power running and play action. We literally have all the tools to do so. Running back that gets better as the game closes? Check OL that is better at running than pass blocking? Check. Speeding WRs that can hurt the defense on play action? Yes sir. Big arm mobile QB? Yep! So what does Nagy do? Shotgun and screens bitch

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Us but it isn’t working

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The Bears offense kind of reminds me of the World of Warcraft Leeroy Jenkins video. They have a set plan going into the week, where I’m sure Lazor has a better idea of how to attack the opposing defense. Then come Sunday, Matt Nagy just goes rogue and does his own thing. And doing so, ruins it for everybody else.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
The Bears offense kind of reminds me of the World of Warcraft Leeroy Jenkins video. They have a set plan going into the week, where I’m sure Lazor has a better idea of how to attack the opposing defense. Then come Sunday, Matt Nagy just goes rogue and does his own thing. And doing so, ruins it for everybody else.
I kinda got reminded of something I noticed. I KNOW if Justin Fields actually had practiced some of these plays or got reps in he would of looked soooo much better sunday. I could tell he kinda didn't know what was suppose to be open or "schemed" open on a quite a few plays.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
And a real GM would have gave the real coach a better OL.
to be fair whitehair has regressed. Daniels is in a new Position and didn't actually look bad... Mustipher has regressed whatever he did to become bigger and stronger made him worse. Our tackles are actually playing better than last season sooo idk...

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I kinda got reminded of something I noticed. I KNOW if Justin Fields actually had practiced some of these plays or got reps in he would of looked soooo much better sunday. I could tell he kinda didn't know what was suppose to be open or "schemed" open on a quite a few plays.
Agreed. Nagy did a terrible job at preparing Fields for that type of moment.