Offensive woes - missing the point

Perspective

Liked Posts:
I personally don’t think they lack playmakers. However they don’t have a HC/OC that puts them in the best position to make plays. ARob, Mooney & Goodwin can all be threats in an offense with a proper OC. How has there not been one deep ball attempt to Goodwin, Mooney or Byrd yet?

goodwin was available for months and no one wanted him ….

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Op was just naming players like he's Stephen A Smith

"Miami Dolphins with Waddle, Fuller and those boys"
Someone should let him know that the Dolphins scored zero points this week and just barely snuck by Mac Jones the week prior, slinging it 3 yards at a time.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No because your "point" is dumb as fuck.

Enough with the excuses. It's embarrassing.

I love how our meatball fanbase can watch McVay scheme up concepts to get literal no-name WRs like Van Jefferson wide fucking open for a 67 yard TD against us only to come here and make excuses about our supposed lack of talent at WR as if that's the thing holding the Bears offense back... ?

Earth to meatballs: the problem is NAGY.

His "scheme" doesn't fit his roster, his game plans lack common sense, and his throw shit at a wall style of play-calling has absolutely no strategy behind it.

A smart coach would have realized by now that his best offensive player is #32 and tailored his scheme, gameplans, and playcalling accordingly. Guarantee you an actually smart coach like McVay could get 2x the production from this same exact roster of supposedly trash players.
Nah, you're wrong.

All Pace needs to do is draft good players. That's it. Problem solved.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fucking Nagy’s offensive coordinator Lazor gets more production out of his players as evident last season. I want to say Nagy’s style of play calling is reminiscent of a Madden player but I’ve seen madden players actually target opponents weaknesses and lean on the teams strengths.

This team is built on power running and play action. We literally have all the tools to do so. Running back that gets better as the game closes? Check OL that is better at running than pass blocking? Check. Speeding WRs that can hurt the defense on play action? Yes sir. Big arm mobile QB? Yep! So what does Nagy do? Shotgun and screens bitch
Best description I've heard of Nagy is that he's just a "collector of plays."

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nah, you're wrong.

All Pace needs to do is draft good players. That's it. Problem solved.
Agreed. I personally think we should draft more speed players so Nagy has them do more 5 yard curls

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We do need better weapons or for our current weapons to play better.

Mooney seems to be the only true separator in the group.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
We do need better weapons or for our current weapons to play better.

Mooney seems to be the only true separator in the group.
We can always use better weapons but at the same time Nagy has not given the chance for our weapons to succeed.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
All BS aside, does anyone really know/understand what exactly is Nagy's system that everyone keeps refering to? I've been watching this guy run an offense for several years now and I cannot see anything in his plays, or play calling, that screams I have a system. I have watched an Andy Reid offense several times (who is supposedly his mentor), all I see is a down filed attacking offense.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Dalton 4.1 intended air yards per pass attempt.
Justin Odin Fields 10.1
Dalton has been running Nagy's offence in practice. Fields has been running the Rams and Bengals. Nagy will pull that back now.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
It's really unfair to give a grade on our offense, I look at the Rams how they changed their offense and wonder why cant we do the same. Until Nagy gives up playcalling again and we run to setup play action this team offense is gonna be choppy

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly thought Carlos Rogers was going to be a sure thing. In the Lions defense they did hit on Johnson, it only took a few misses at the 1st round WR spot.
i assume yo meant Charles Rodgers

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It's really unfair to give a grade on our offense, I look at the Rams how they changed their offense and wonder why cant we do the same. Until Nagy gives up playcalling again and we run to setup play action this team offense is gonna be choppy

Unfair, maybe. But if Nagy is calling our offense and won't give it up then we have the wrong personnel for our offense. Either change the players or change the play caller.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
For reference in 2016 John Fox scored 17.4 PPG with Jordan Howard Cameron Meredith and Matt Barkley. Nagys defense had 4 turnovers last game and he's sitting at 17.0 ppg. I guess it takes 5 years to be this bad.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
My point of this thread was you can see how so many NFL teams go out of their way to invest in weapons and prioritize it atop the draft and do it with multiple picks or FA signings because this league is all about having weapons that are mis matches down the field … and the Bears missed that window the last two years when the draft was the best draft ever for WRs