Offensive woes - missing the point

Nelly

Liked Posts:
For reference in 2016 John Fox scored 17.4 PPG with Jordan Howard Cameron Meredith and Matt Barkley. Nagys defense had 4 turnovers last game and he's sitting at 17.0 ppg. I guess it takes 5 years to be this bad.
That's fairly horrifying.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
For reference in 2016 John Fox scored 17.4 PPG with Jordan Howard Cameron Meredith and Matt Barkley. Nagys defense had 4 turnovers last game and he's sitting at 17.0 ppg. I guess it takes 5 years to be this bad.
How the f#$% has Nagy had a winning record?!!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My point of this thread was you can see how so many NFL teams go out of their way to invest in weapons and prioritize it atop the draft and do it with multiple picks or FA signings because this league is all about having weapons that are mis matches down the field … and the Bears missed that window the last two years when the draft was the best draft ever for WRs
It doesn’t matter how many weapons the bears have if not being utilized properly. Again we have three speed Wrs on the team in Byrd, Goodwin and Mooney and during the Rams game non were being used to take the top off the defense, we have a hoss in Howard and yet play action is no where to be found and we have a mobile big canon QB and yet there were barely any designs to move him. Nagy has to do better otherwise weapons won’t matter

Perspective

Liked Posts:
It doesn’t matter how many weapons the bears have if not being utilized properly. Again we have three speed Wrs on the team in Byrd, Goodwin and Mooney and during the Rams game non were being used to take the top off the defense, we have a hoss in Howard and yet play action is no where to be found and we have a mobile big canon QB and yet there were barely any designs to move him. Nagy has to do better otherwise weapons won’t matter
The Rams played 7 in the box all game - even the announcers pointed it out multiple times …. So it made no sense to take shots down field when we don’t have studs who can beat someone deep .. … ARobs strength is he can win competitive catches but even those he has been dropping the last two years ….

We keep going basement bargain hunting for WRs and that’s not going to help us win …. We need studs/horses at the WR position …. And we missed the last two drafts

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Rams played 7 in the box all game - even the announcers pointed it out multiple times …. So it made no sense to take shots down field when we don’t have studs who can beat someone deep .. … ARobs strength is he can win competitive catches but even those he has been dropping the last two years ….

We keep going basement bargain hunting for WRs and that’s not going to help us win …. We need studs/horses at the WR position …. And we missed the last two drafts
I literally just said we have three speed Wrs. Now if you’re talking about the awful game plan and Daltons paper mache arm then yeah but we had the ability to go deep, we just didn’t try too

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No because your "point" is dumb as fuck.

Enough with the excuses. It's embarrassing.

I love how our meatball fanbase can watch McVay scheme up concepts to get literal no-name WRs like Van Jefferson wide fucking open for a 67 yard TD against us only to come here and make excuses about our supposed lack of talent at WR as if that's the thing holding the Bears offense back... ?

Earth to meatballs: the problem is NAGY.

His "scheme" doesn't fit his roster, his game plans lack common sense, and his throw shit at a wall style of play-calling has absolutely no strategy behind it.

A smart coach would have realized by now that his best offensive player is #32 and tailored his scheme, gameplans, and playcalling accordingly. Guarantee you an actually smart coach like McVay could get 2x the production from this same exact roster of supposedly trash players.
nailed it

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Like I said .....this team has no weapons that scare anyone..... you have a QB that can roll out and buy time but we have no one that can create separation and beat their guy man to man......

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Like I said .....this team has no weapons that scare anyone..... you have a QB that can roll out and buy time but we have no one that can create separation and beat their guy man to man......
They have to call those plays

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Do you guys see all the weapons that NFL teams that score points have ?

Chargers beat the chiefs … well duh they have first rounder Mike Williams to go with Keenan Allen

Ceedee Lamb looked like a beast tonight vs Eagles …. Another high pick working with another first round WR in amari copper

Bengals beat the Steelers because they have Chase

We don’t have any weapons boys …. Yes the injuries at OT suck …. Hopefully that will be fixed when the player’s return from injury but the lack of weapons is so clear to me compared to the rest of NFL teams we see every week

Suddenly Kirk Cousins looks good …. No shit…. He got Jefferson to now go with Thielen ….

Garopollo got Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle

I can go on … how does this team
Ever get any explosive plays? It’s good to see Monty being more explosive this year and once every 3 games Mooney will show us something exciting … but other than that, KMet is no Waller…. ARob is a glorified Bobby Engram ….. this team needs to grind perfect drives to score points and with the issues at OT it’s tough to do that

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Do you guys see all the weapons that NFL teams that score points have ?

Chargers beat the chiefs … well duh they have first rounder Mike Williams to go with Keenan Allen

Ceedee Lamb looked like a beast tonight vs Eagles …. Another high pick working with another first round WR in amari copper

Bengals beat the Steelers because they have Chase

We don’t have any weapons boys …. Yes the injuries at OT suck …. Hopefully that will be fixed when the player’s return from injury but the lack of weapons is so clear to me compared to the rest of NFL teams we see every week

Suddenly Kirk Cousins looks good …. No shit…. He got Jefferson to now go with Thielen ….

Garopollo got Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle

I can go on … how does this team
Ever get any explosive plays? It’s good to see Monty being more explosive this year and once every 3 games Mooney will show us something exciting … but other than that, KMet is no Waller…. ARob is a glorified Bobby Engram ….. this team needs to grind perfect drives to score points and with the issues at OT it’s tough to do that
Oh, cool. Another post where you just list skill players on teams.

We didn't lose Sunday because of our skill players. We lost because Matt Nagy is possibly the worst offensive mind in the NFL.

If your take is that we lost because we have no weapons, you probably won't get anyone to agree with you. Maybe you can collaborate with the people that blame Fields over Nagy for what happened in Cleveland, and come up with an extra dumb take.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It doesn’t matter who you have a WR if you have no time to throw the ball and can’t scheme players open.

This visor enthusiast has absolutely zero interest in playing to the strengths of what he has and that is why he will always fail. He just isn’t a good coach

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
You're looking at the WR position to determine the ineffectiveness of the offense, specifically, points based on talent at WR and how it passed the bears by in a couple of drafts?

Yet another meatball who thinks the game is won and lost in the secondary, one of the worst OLines in football be damned.

The bears wont draft "studs/horses" at the WR position so long as visor is here. Nagy's system is based on scheming speedy guys open along with not helping his QBs.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I personally don’t think they lack playmakers. However they don’t have a HC/OC that puts them in the best position to make plays. ARob, Mooney & Goodwin can all be threats in an offense with a proper OC. How has there not been one deep ball attempt to Goodwin, Mooney or Byrd yet?
And, even though a bad o line is a big problem, a smart coach can scheme ways to help that line. Wont cure it but can make it less incompetent…

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I literally just said we have three speed Wrs. Now if you’re talking about the awful game plan and Daltons paper mache arm then yeah but we had the ability to go deep, we just didn’t try too
Paper mache arm……….I like that.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
It doesn’t matter who you have a WR if you have no time to throw the ball and can’t scheme players open.

This visor enthusiast has absolutely zero interest in playing to the strengths of what he has and that is why he will always fail. He just isn’t a good coach

You cannot scheme players open just like that in the NFL.... you need horses that can beat match ups man to man or horse like a Keenan Allen that can find holes in every zone scheme out there and give their QB a big target to get easy completions... the Browns played tight man to man coverage vs the Bears WRs and TEs and sent the house vs our OL .... with no time to throw and no one capable of scaring the D by beating them for big gains down the field, of course the O will suck....the only way we will win games is if we pound the rock and then utilize PA from under the center (not shot gun every snap)..... and that is because we do not have any weapons to just drop back and throw the ball

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And you don't even have to complete those. Just get close. It will still open things up or get you a PI.

I'm rooting for a big Lions win this Sunday. That pill will need to be swallowed for any chance of an early recovery. Pace should now insist that Nagy calls plays.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You cannot scheme players open just like that in the NFL.... you need horses that can beat match ups man to man or horse like a Keenan Allen that can find holes in every zone scheme out there and give their QB a big target to get easy completions... the Browns played tight man to man coverage vs the Bears WRs and TEs and sent the house vs our OL .... with no time to throw and no one capable of scaring the D by beating them for big gains down the field, of course the O will suck....the only way we will win games is if we pound the rock and then utilize PA from under the center (not shot gun every snap)..... and that is because we do not have any weapons to just drop back and throw the ball
I guess you’re right. Nagy’s right to just do the same thing over and over.

Who knows? Maybe we should try more curls? They’ll never be expecting that (again).

It’s not worth having him there if he can’t find the answers. This is the fourth year now, this is just pathetic now. No excusing it.