**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
The competition between division rivals in Houston and Indy is where Bears will wring the value out of their current draft position. Either one of them or a dark horse like Carolina. I can't wait. The Bears have no fucking business having the #1 pick! Thanks Lovie for an all-time boner of a win. Thanks refs and ESB for fucking us in the Dolphins game. Thanks Mooney and Pettis for not hauling in TD throws vs Washington. Thanks ISM for getting the ball ripped out of your hands vs Minnesota. This is going to be HUGE for the franchise.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
That would be the dream. It's not really about how the Bears feel about Fields or any qb, it's about how much teams think they need to get ahead of other teams to draft their guy
denzel-washington-exactly.gif

..those folks who think these QB needy teams (that are tired of veteran retreads) are just gonna sit on their hands instead of moving up are NUTS. Especially if there is a risk of a division or conference rival swooping in ahead of them.

You can't simply look at a team and say "they'll be ok as long as they stay in (this) range" when all it takes if one willing buyer to move up ahead of them and fuck shit up.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bears need a wr a la diggs that can get open quickly. Where they find that guy, I don't know.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
..those folks who think these QB needy teams (that are tired of veteran retreads) are just gonna sit on their hands instead of moving up are NUTS. Especially if there is a risk of a division or conference rival swooping in ahead of them.

You can't simply look at a team and say "they'll be ok as long as they stay in (this) range" when all it takes if one willing buyer to move up ahead of them and fuck shit up.
If Houston offers Baltimore 1.2 and 1.12 for Lamar Jackson, does Baltimore say no? I don't think Indy can possibly go the veteran QB route again, but Houston probably can if the Bears demands are too rich.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
If Houston offers Baltimore 1.2 and 1.12 for Lamar Jackson, does Baltimore say no? I don't think Indy can possibly go the veteran QB route again, but Houston probably can if the Bears demands are too rich.
Does HOU want LJ?
Does BAL want to go with a rookie QB?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lamar Jackson is an unrestricted free agent.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Does HOU want LJ?
Does BAL want to go with a rookie QB?
Well the answer to both is "maybe, who knows?".

If Baltimore wanted to pay Lamar Jackson they probably would've done so already, and Houston certainly has more bullets to pull that deal off than just about anyone else. Would be a bold move, but that situation has to eventually come to a head.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Is there any doubt they are going to put the franchise tag on him?
They will but it will put them in a weaker position re: trading him I think. When he signs the tag that $ goes on their cap, and they will most likely be totally hamstrung until they trade him. Like $33m to franchise a QB this year.

Someone would really have to love him to give up #2 and #12 to dive into a $200m+ deal right off the bat, especially a team that needs as much help at HOU. But it's possible I guess.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Trade #1 and Baltimores 2nd for #2 and #12

Trade #2 to Panthers for #9, 2024 1st

Then trade down with the #9 or #12 pick and pick up a 2nd this year

Bears will have 2 1sts in this draft and still would have a 2nd

Plus an additional 1st in 24

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well yeah, I wasn't disputing that he would. I'm just hoping it's not the Bears that spend on a TE that early.
I would rather they not but if we can get D.Kincaid at #54 then i might be alright with that. Would rather they go for another much more of a need position, which we have many of, but i do love Kincaid.