**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think they franchise him and then trade him, not sure he's worth $22MM per though.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Bear 85 D was the greatest

Yes it was and not even close, you could actually the opposing offense shake in their cleats, no joke.
Yep?.....I remember offensive players saying in interviews they were "concerned" about the Bear D. Back in those days the Bear D was literally knocking Qb's outta games. Qb's & opposing teams literally feared the Bear D.
It was a great time. ?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Father probably embellishing story as Mahomes already said he told Chiefs they needed to trade ahead of 12 to draft him. If Bears were drafting him then he would have told Chiefs to trade aheas of pick 3.
Or he's telling the truth

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or he's telling the truth

So then Mahomes is lying?

"As the process went on, I got a feeling that I was going up in the draft," Mahomes said on the podcast his teammate, Travis Kelce, hosts with his brother, Eagles center Jason Kelce. "I had a couple of teams that said they were gonna draft me, and that's true. It's not like these coaches are making that up. I talked to them during the draft process and they were like, 'Hey, if you're there, we're gonna take you.'"

But Mahomes knew where he wanted to go, so he sprang into action himself.

"I kind of gave a little inside info to the Chiefs," Mahomes said. "I was like, 'Hey, if y'all let me go ...' At the time, I didn't know about the Saints, but I was like, 'If y'all let me go 12 or below, I'm gonna get drafted by someone else.' So, I gave the Chiefs a little bit of info on that because I wanted to be here."

If he wanted to go to Chiefs but thought Bears were drafting him he would have told Chiefs to trade up to 1 or 2 not 12.