**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Really? There’s nothing out there pointing to Anderson/Carter being the best players in the draft and are at positions of need for the Bears all while there not being a elite WR/OT prospect worthy of taking top 5?

I wonder how one could come to the conclusion that Ryan Poles would like either Anderson/Carter
That has nothing to do with Poles’ personal preference. For all anybody knows, he could prefer Tyree Wilson or Murphy at edge. My point is that it’s an assumption based off of nothing Poles has said.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I had similar thoughts. I do think Hutch may be drafted earlier than people think, ditto on Flowers. They will need to find some more weapons though. Flowers would be a dream. Mooney, Flowers and Claypool is not nothing.
I desperately want a true #1 but if you give me Flowers to go with Mooney and Claypool and add Kmet and maybe even a pass catching TE to go with Kmet and a RB that's a threat to catch passes and i'm pretty happy to see what that group can do. Flowers has been my guy from the beginning of all of this but sure does look like he's going somewhere in the middle to late 1st round, so we'd need a really nice trade down with that #1 pick to get a chance to get him.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Honestly, there's nothing out there that suggest Poles wants either Anderson or Carter. He may be looking at any position(s), who knows?
I think its obvious Poles wants either/or Carter - they are the top prospects at 2 of the biggest positions of need for the team. But I'm guessing you are really trying to say he may not be committed to staying in top 4 to get them? I imagine if the right offer came along like SEA offering 5 and 20 for an easy example Poles happily trades down. Anderson is a better prospect than Murphy or Wilson, but you take that step down if it means you get Murphy/Wilson AND a Bijan robinson/OT/JSN/etc.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think its obvious Poles wants either/or Carter - they are the top prospects at 2 of the biggest positions of need for the team. But I'm guessing you are really trying to say he may not be committed to staying in top 4 to get them? I imagine if the right offer came along like SEA offering 5 and 20 for an easy example Poles happily trades down. Anderson is a better prospect than Murphy or Wilson, but you take that step down if it means you get Murphy/Wilson AND a Bijan robinson/OT/JSN/etc.
Maybe. But what I’m saying is that picks aren’t predictable like that. You think Anderson is a better prospect, but maybe Poles sees something else. Every draft we see players go at surprising spots. See raiders drafts. See Lions drafts. Etc.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Maybe. But what I’m saying is that picks aren’t predictable like that. You think Anderson is a better prospect, but maybe Poles sees something else. Every draft we see players go at surprising spots. See raiders drafts. See Lions drafts. Etc.
OK I got you, but at the same time you can still want a player even if they aren't your first choice at the position. Now that youve expanded on your opinion it looks like the issue is with semantics of the post and not your intended message - which apparently is that Poles may not have Anderson/Carter at the top of his board vs. not wanting them all together

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Honestly, there's nothing out there that suggest Poles wants either Anderson or Carter. He may be looking at any position(s), who knows?
You know, I would want Anderson but I wouldn’t doubt that he goes with an offensive lineman. Either way, in my opinion, you draft lineman on both sides. Good lineman play can get us better with that alone on both sides. Hell, everyone is saying if Fields can just get protection, he will dominate. If the D-line can get pressure, our backfield will do way better. And this was said with our last season roster. So then work on the fucking line! Fuck the other positions right now. If he wants to attack the WR and linebackers more next year, I’m fine with that. We lost so many close games with what we had this past year. Anything better can probably be enough to win us those games. Plus another year in the system for all the players. Either way, the arrow is pointing up. The only thing we need to cross our fingers on is on draft players panning out. No matter how good of a GM is, at the end, he doesn’t know how they will really turn out.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know, I would want Anderson but I wouldn’t doubt that he goes with an offensive lineman. Either way, in my opinion, you draft lineman on both sides. Good lineman play can get us better with that alone on both sides. Hell, everyone is saying if Fields can just get protection, he will dominate. If the D-line can get pressure, our backfield will do way better. And this was said with our last season roster. So then work on the fucking line! Fuck the other positions right now. If he wants to attack the WR and linebackers more next year, I’m fine with that. We lost so many close games with what we had this past year. Anything better can probably be enough to win us those games. Plus another year in the system for all the players. Either way, the arrow is pointing up. The only thing we need to cross our fingers on is on draft players panning out. No matter how good of a GM is, at the end, he doesn’t know how they will really turn out.
Personally I would love for the Bear's to yield Anderson in the draft and the best FA defensive tackles available. I like the potential of our existing secondary and with some good linebackers in the draft, the improvement of the Bear's defense will be profound. Add a good TE/Big go to receiver and a big knuckle dragger RT and C in the draft and this team is in the play-offs

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Personally I would love for the Bear's to yield Anderson in the draft and the best FA defensive tackles available. I like the potential of our existing secondary and with some good linebackers in the draft, the improvement of the Bear's defense will be profound. Add a good TE/Big go to receiver and a big knuckle dragger RT and C in the draft and this team is in the play-offs
Oh believe me, I want that too. Anderson in the draft and Payne in FA. But I would understand if we can’t get Payne for whatever reason and if Poles goes OL first. But yes, that would be my first choice.