**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Not sure. He was getting a lot of hype before this, so let’s see how this plays out.
Hype? Where? I've never heard of him outside of you.

In fact in searching him, what I find is a discussion of will he be drafted. The most hype I saw was someone saying he will definitely get drafted

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can say that about almost every QB drafted #1 overall. Idk if Alabama had the best WRs compared to other years.

Yes you can but few of them are potentially 5-11 and weigh less than 200 pounds. That is clearly something to be concerned about.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
They play nothing alike. Mainly one has a rocket arm while the other has an adequate arm
It’s more than adequate. He can make every NFL throw. It’s the backyard football type of plays when the play breaks down and he’s capable of making a play that makes him similar to MaHomes.

You can recognize the talent in Bryce Young and still like Justin Fields. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Hype? Where? I've never heard of him outside of you.

In fact in searching him, what I find is a discussion of will he be drafted. The most hype I saw was someone saying he will definitely get drafted
So, you missed the Athletic article and some other stuff. You must also have missed, fuck if I remember if it was draft dudes or stock watch, but he was the QB from the Senior bowl they discussed the longest. Yeah, for a DII dude out of nowhere, that’s a lot of hype, especially when there was 0 tape on him.

Now, if you’re intimating that I thought he was good, you’re seriously mistaken. As I’ve said, I don’t give a fuck about QBs this year. I haven’t watched a second of any of them, unless they were in a game I’m watching, so, obviously, I’ve seen a lot of Young. Anyway, I digress; I was just hoping for more reasons for this to be a good QB class since, as you may have heard, we have the number one pick.

So, he blipped on a lot of radars, but may have been fools gold. I haven’t had a chance to watch the Senior Bowl or Shrine bowl yet, so I’ll take a look see when I get the chance.

Like, do you seriously think I give a fuck about the guy past an oh, that seems interesting?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s more than adequate. He can make every NFL throw. It’s the backyard football type of plays when the play breaks down and he’s capable of making a play that makes him similar to MaHomes.

You can recognize the talent in Bryce Young and still like Justin Fields. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.
1. My post had nothing to do with Fields.
2. Every good QB now has to be good in the scramble drill. Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson, Lawrence, etc.
3. Mahomes and Young are considerably different. Doesn’t mean Young won’t be good.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lots of teams had to do this in 2020 but still

I forget who always argued against me about how severe this was and it being a big issue until cleared up. The response was the every team does this. They don't all do it like Pace did. You can dislike his drafting which is always a bit of a crap shoot but this is willful poor cap managing of what's already there. That's already a lot better than it was.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The more I watch Bryce Young the more I’m impressed. If he was 3 inches taller, he would be a generational prospect. His footwork, IQ, speed, and arm talent are all special. He already understands how to move up in the pocket and take advantage of angles.

It’s quite interesting to see how much someone’s weight and height is tainting evaluations. I would think the way the NFL protects QBs these days, it wouldn’t be viewed as such a big deal at it is with Young.

For the record, I still prefer Fields - just find it interesting how height is having such a drastic impact on evaluations.
To excel at that size, you have no choice but to pick up the knack of navigating the pocket.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Posters wanted pace upped to executive position lol lol.
I know all things in your world are black and white but... Not wanted but preferred to Sweaty Teddy and also to no one for Poles to bounce things off of. Also meant he was out as GM. Cunningham was an awesome solution and now we finally have what I hope is a proper pres. At least I believe that was the general take.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1. My post had nothing to do with Fields.
2. Every good QB now has to be good in the scramble drill. Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson, Lawrence, etc.
3. Mahomes and Young are considerably different. Doesn’t mean Young won’t be good.
The entire comparison thing is way overstated. It's remarkable how unique most of these guys are.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The entire comparison thing is way overstated. It's remarkable how unique most of these guys are.
This isn’t a league for statue QB’s anymore. Athleticism is now mandatory for QB’s