**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I mean I get it. If he was JF1’s size he’d truly be a “generational” QB prospect. That seems like the only question mark.

And with the league turning into a flag football league for QB’s….

Several NFL GM’s are stress eating now deciding what to do with him.

Kinda interesting that their stats are quite similar when you figure the difference in volume of passes.
Even their highlight films are a wash. Both were throwing to 3-4 1st rnd WR's and standing behind outstanding OL's.

I love how quickly press,fans, and hopefully GMs turn to the new shiny toy without regard to the circumstances. If CHI can get a few extra day 1 and/or day 2 picks this season ,and esp a 1st next yr, that likely will be high enough to offer another blue chip player I would be over the moon.

Attachments

• 1673452969864.png
    1673452969864.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1673453012489.png
    1673453012489.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 7

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kinda interesting that their stats are quite similar when you figure the difference in volume of passes.
Even their highlight films are a wash. Both were throwing to 3-4 1st rnd WR's and standing behind outstanding OL's.

I love how quickly press,fans, and hopefully GMs turn to the new shiny toy without regard to the circumstances. If CHI can get a few extra day 1 and/or day 2 picks this season ,and esp a 1st next yr, that likely will be high enough to offer another blue chip player I would be over the moon.

I don’t think Bama had that this year.

I also have heard that Young throws with great anticipation… something Fields is still working on.

Not shitting on Fields people… back off…. Just going off those QB school videos

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don’t think Bama had that this year.

I also have heard that Young throws with great anticipation… something Fields is still working on.

Not shitting on Fields people… back off…. Just going off those QB school videos
I think it is hard to judge that skill translation college to NFL.
And while I think Fields needs to improve there, I have no idea how you could trust any of the available Bears WR most of this season to be open. I think if he threw with anticipation, trusting them to get open, we would be discussing his decision making from 20+ INT's.

I think that you saw a glimpse of what he can do with Cole Kmet in the second half of the season. First 8 games with Fields 14-169, second 7 games 27-301.

With an improved OL, healthy and prepared Mooney and Claypool, and hopefully another high level WR, I anticipate another lare leap this next season.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it is hard to judge that skill translation college to NFL.
And while I think Fields needs to improve there, I have no idea how you could trust any of the available Bears WR most of this season to be open. I think if he threw with anticipation, trusting them to get open, we would be discussing his decision making from 20+ INT's.

I think that you saw a glimpse of what he can do with Cole Kmet in the second half of the season. First 8 games with Fields 14-169, second 7 games 27-301.

With an improved OL, healthy and prepared Mooney and Claypool, and hopefully another high level WR, I anticipate another lare leap this next season.

From everything I’ve read that’s a skill that translates from college to pros: but I only had play a QB expert on CCS so WTF do know? ?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But if QB1 is that coveted, it's not about who the Bears may pick, but who else and for how much are they willing to pay to get QB1. It's not the Bears that the other teams are bidding against for the #1 pick.

True, a bidding war is the ideal scenario

Just sayin tho, if teams are convinced the bears want out of the #1, that will factor in too

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Honestly with Herbert’s “pass pro” I’m about done with him too

Also, this may be one of those stats equivalent to the Bears being #2 Oline. No clue how this is calculated
I think RB is one of those positions you gotta keep drafting until you find that stud. They can be found all throughout the draft. You can easily get by with a Monty or Herbert type of back, but having that CMC or Ekeler type of back can take an offense to the next level.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Also, this may be one of those stats equivalent to the Bears being #2 Oline. No clue how this is calculated
Herbert should not be the starter for that reason. And he has stone hands. He also gave up a punt block on a missed block in the dolphins game.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Tua officially ruled out for the wildcard game this weekend.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Herbert didn't pass the eye test with his pass pro, either.