**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You literally just suggested a signing based on the fact he was good as a run blocker.

This has nothing to do with McGlinchey (who I did not want)
I don't think I did suggest that. I was just pointing out that there are still OTs out there, and I think that McGary is a good one. And we need one that can pass protect.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
With our GM and assistant GM coming from KC and Philly, two franchises that put incredible emphasis on the OL, you'd think we'd do the same.

OL isn't the position to bargain-bin shop; especially with a young QB. We need to throw resources there, both via free agency and the draft.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Poles should target interior oline now that he whiffed on tackle for second year in a row. Not Patrick trash interior like a legit starter. Kick Jenkins back to rt best bet
Are you dick ripping???

Chase Claypool
Chase Claypool
Chase Claypool

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He was intent on reaching the open market and its clear Kansas City wants some longer-term answers at tackle. The Chiefs are not so flush that they can just let Orlando Brown Jr. soak up the franchise tag amount while they go shopping elsewhere. A decision had to be made.

Baltimore regrets trading him. Ronnie Stanley was the wrong choice.
Stanley has been a bust, but no one in Baltimore viewed Brown as a LT, they were willing to pay him as the top RT in League, but he didn't want to play there....

His ego may have cost him, because if he turned down a great deal from KC, and turned down a great deal from the Ravens, and he did not play all that well this last year and KC was willing to sign another OT as soon as the FA Market opened up....

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Its an option off the board. Most of my preference fo Mike McGlinchey came from how scared I am of Jawaan Taylor's profile and how unenthusing Kaleb McGary is. But if this means the Bears are signing Orlando Brown Jr. then who even cares, Denver can have McGlinchey all day.

For what its worth the Niners are the savviest team in the NFL on the trenches and they are very excited about replacing McGlinchey with Colton McKivitz. That might just be a cost thing, but I reckon there's more to it.

Just so you guys know Orlando Brown Jr. turned down a six year deal worth a hundred and forty million last summer. Mike McGlinchey might cost half as much as Brown Jr. when this is over. This is not an unreasonable deal and while I understand the Bears not matching it, they better not be giving that same sum to a guy like Jawaan Taylor or Kaleb McGary.

Yeah well Jawaan Taylor was a certified bust a year ago and Kaleb McGary's first three years in the league were so bad the Falcons declined his fifth year option (and made basically zero effort to keep him). All these guys have warts, they wouldn't be reaching the market if they didn't.

Well this is how I feel about Orlando Brown Jr. so hold your horses. If they wind up signing Kaleb McGary or Jawaan Taylor for only slightly less than Mike McGlinchey I think it will be very fair to question what the thought process was. And if they fail to sign any of them then we have a major problem.

To be fair that was to play left tackle. Maybe Kansas City still has an ace up their sleeve for Laremy Tunsil. Or maybe Jawaan Taylor is their left tackle? Huge wager there.

The Chiefs are not a stupid team and they just gave Jawaan Taylor sixty million guaranteed. This is not overpaying, this is just what it costs now. If Ryan Poles really is going to sit this out and wait for second or third wave leftovers there's a huge problem at GM.

Though its seriously too early to freak out with Dre'Mont Jones and Orlando Brown Jr. still available.

JUST SO WE'RE CLEAR

Last edited:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I was in a long meeting. What did I miss?