**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

napo55

Liked Posts:
Glad DL was finally addressed. If he can stay healthy, Walker could be a good one.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Failing to address the DL in free agency means pick # 9 may have to be used for it rather than a more highly rated OT such as Paris.

There is still a lot of money in the Bears coffers, but the targets are falling away.

We just signed Walker. Again you guys need to relax. It is day fucking one.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All good signings today with good value imo, except Edmunds. Very talented guy, though, and very young, just don't see the logic in that much $ for an off ball LB.

Yeah I thought he was a bit of a luxury but I suspect he got the deal Poles offered Quan.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All good signings today with good value imo, except Edmunds. Very talented guy, though, and very young, just don't see the logic in that much $ for an off ball LB.

Have you watched him? That’s a blue chip player with elite athleticism who can defend sideline to sideline and the pass.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
That’s the only player he paid top dollar (debatably overpaid), and he is a premier player at his position. I’d rather they have 1 premium player, even a WLB, then overpaying a shit ton for 2 above average players at ‘positions of need.’

That’s some Pace nightmare shit there, except Pace overpaid for everyone-above average or not.

I liked the Edmunds signing. He’s an all-pro, and the Bears need more of them on their roster.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Failing to address the DL in free agency means pick # 9 may have to be used for it rather than a more highly rated OT such as Paris.

There is still a lot of money in the Bears coffers, but the targets are falling away.
Yes I’m sure everyone in the NFL agrees Paris is the much higher rated prospect. Lol

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Have you watched him? That’s a blue chip player with elite athleticism who can defend sideline to sideline and the pass.
Yes, of course I've watched him. He's a good player. Not quite worth that money at that position to me.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That’s the only player he paid top dollar (debatably overpaid), and he is a premier player at his position. I’d rather they have 1 premium player, even a WLB, then overpaying a shit ton for 2 above average players at ‘positions of need.’

That’s some Pace nightmare shit there, except Pace overpaid for everyone-above average or not.

I liked the Edmunds signing. He’s an all-pro, and the Bears need more of them on their roster.
Hmmm I don’t think he’s an All-Pro, actually.

2x pro bowler, but I saw no all pros.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

He's very good, I wouldn't say premium. Not an all-pro. iirc, not a lot of splash plays.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Teams that "win" on free agency day are usually just not very good teams. Poles has said he wants to build thru the draft and CCS is cool with that. Then he does that and the entire sky is falling lol
His strategy for building through the draft was to give away thirty-second overall for a total trash player?

Dude has no idea what he's doing. This free agency period was a trainwreck.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nope it's "value buckets".

He signs Walker instead of Jones for DL cause he's Poles the "value bucket" King!

One had 7sacks and 16 QB Hits while the other had 6.5 sacks and 10QB Hits and also had a lower PFF grade across the board. I’ll let you figure out which is which.