**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Scrooge McPoles does it again. If you ain’t a linebacker you better come cheap!
My guess is he doesn’t want a slow ass RB that tap dances behind the line too much.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Robinson or Gibbs would be perfect, but don't think they'll take a RB at 9, and Gibbs won't last until their pick in the 2nd. Would take some clever maneuvering.

At any rate, I hope the guy they get to replace him is faster and more explosive than Montgomery was. He also needs to be able to block, which is not a strong suit for Herbert.
Would love a trade down, then drafting Bijan Robinson. But only if we don't have better options at 3T/Edge/OT.

If not, Zach Charbonnet in the late 2nd/3rd looks really good.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Where do you get this?

It's been said the Bears were "in" on multiple free agents such as McGlinchy, Dremont Jones this year and settled on secondary options. I'm pretty sure Poles made some calls for some OLineman last year. And I'm sure I've heard of others but need to research who.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Those weren't exactly strong parts of Monty's game either. He was incredibly average in those areas. His best attribute by far was that he rarely had negative plays because he runs downhill and keeps his legs churning through contact.

Would have like to have kept him but its not some massive loss. People here still think its 1985 and vastly overvalue the position.
Monty could absolutely pass block and his pass catching wasn't bad like Herbert's is. I have been on the moving on from Monty even though i'm a huge fan of him and how hard he ran and how good of a locker room guy he was.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad Montgomery got a second deal and also glad it wasn't from the Bears.

#DontPayRunningBacks

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Montgomery was the last remaining member of the 2019 draft class.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What happened to Swift being better @nc0gnet0
Not liking it,, Monty sucks ass.
But as always, you seem confused, He will replace Jamall, not Swift.
I guess now we can find out for sure which of the two is better, running behind the same OL.

Last edited:

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Aw man. Love that guy. This talk about paying Eckler more than him (plus draft picks) bugged me. Because Eck aint breakin tackles like Monty and Monty catches really well. Just because someone is a little bit scattier you pay more? I realize Monty isnt amazing but he's home grown and it's not a giveaway when he's on the field. He would have been great next year. I'll miss him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
OBJ has to be one of the most overrated players in NFL history by Bears fans. He is a good not great tackle which is precisely why he remains unsigned. He has grossly overestimated the market for his services and now hoping someone gets desperate so he can save face.
OBJ is a Free Agent WR.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's been said the Bears were "in" on multiple free agents such as McGlinchy, Dremont Jones this year and settled on secondary options. I'm pretty sure Poles made some calls for some OLineman last year. And I'm sure I've heard of others but need to research who.
do you understand how Free Agency actually works? Every team is in on several free agents that they ultimately don’t get to sign. It’s not as easy as you make it out to be

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Bijan would look really good in a Bears uniform if Poles is able to trade down a bit and he’s still there.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
For one, yes it's been said but we don't know for sure.

Second, it's reasonable to assume he did make calls, just like it's reasonable to assume he didn't think those guys were worth the money they're getting hence not topping offers when he could.

Based on what I've seen, it looks like Poles means what he says when he says he's selective in free agency while it's all about building through the draft.