**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wonder how many years this buys John Harbaugh, who seems to be running through assistants faster than Lovie Smith. Im sure giving Roquan 100M while not extending the QB will work out well for them.

Prediction: Roman lands on a team that ends up drafting Anthony Richardson.

Would love for the Bears to find him a spot under Getsy where he can reset. If all things go well(or bad) maybe he can be the successor.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder how many years this buys John Harbaugh, who seems to be running through assistants faster than Lovie Smith. Im sure giving Roquan 100M while not extending the QB will work out well for them.

Would love for the Bears to find him a spot under Getsy where he can reset. If all things go well(or bad) maybe he can be the successor.
Well, you're in luck. Just a few weeks ago the Score had a caller that suggested the Bears draft Richardson and move Fields to WR/RB Combo breaker. Hire Roman and we're looking at the Super Bowl

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, you're in luck. Just a few weeks ago the Score had a caller that suggested the Bears draft Richardson and move Fields to WR/RB Combo breaker. Hire Roman and we're looking at the Super Bowl
The blueprint is in place!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Yeah I know that's your guy. Agreed that he'd be a natural fit on the staff.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
#1,085 This may sound foreign to you, but.......
My goal is to be respectful in the CCS forum, while keeping obviously vile language to a minimum. Being vile and initiating negative language etc has nothing to do with being a man/ "big boy".

Thanks.

P.S. this is a FTO thread

Nah, you used all the curse words! Just because you mispell them doesn't mean Mom and Dad don't know!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sounds like Ian Cunningham declined both the Titans and the Cardinals GM positions

Should be another 3rd rounder when he leaves next year
It's 2 3rd rounders distributed in the two drafts after they are hired. Cunningham deserves a bump in pay just for sticking around a second season so the Bears to get the comp picks.:cool:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Looks like he’s a better fit for a 3-4 DE. And Lemming sucks as a Bears beat writer.
Yeah, I didn’t like what I’ve seen of him so far. He doesn’t seem quick. Other than his king arms and size, I don’t see what I would like to see from a DE. I’m not sure he can play A or B gap. I’m not a fan.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I mean, the Bears not only have this offseason, but they have an actual full season of football games to play, plus a second round of free agency in 2024 before even getting to the 2024 draft.

It's pretty silly to look that far ahead and want for a specific player. There are tons of players in the draft and in the league that will become available by 2024. There are tons of OTHER WRs in the draft the next 2 years. The Bears could trade for Tee Higgins. Hell, he could be a free agent before the next draft as well and you can just sign him. Or any number of players at WR.

The Bears could still have issues on the OL, they could still have issues on defense, they could find out that Fields isn't good enough. QB, OL, and things like pass rusher would all take priority over WR for me.

I implore you guys to look at other WR prospects. Sure, maybe he's generational like Jamarr Chase, but there very well could be a Jaylen Waddle or Devonta Smith in next year's draft as well. Harrison Jr could get a crazy NIL deal and stay in college. He could pull a hamstring in week 1 and sit out the rest of the year like his teammate and hurt his draft stock. He could run a 4.6. He could tear an ACL in the playoffs like Jameson Williams. He could be diagnosed with cancer like John Metchie. There's way too many variables to say, "let's make a run at Marvin Jr in 2024".

It'd be one thing if he was a QB and you knew you had a stopgap QB. But yall going crazy for a WR is just nuts to me, sorry.
Was this meant for me? My post purposely didnt mention other positions, position priority, or even say what the Bears should do - it was a simple musing about a WR prospect with a lot of buzz. It sounds like you are trying to have a different dialogue with someone else.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Was this meant for me? My post purposely didnt mention other positions, position priority, or even say what the Bears should do - it was a simple musing about a WR prospect with a lot of buzz. It sounds like you are trying to have a different dialogue with someone else.
We'll see how this offseason goes but every day it looks more and more to me like the best path forward for the WR position is stocking draft assets in '24 to make a run at Marvin Harrison Jr.

This is what you said. Does this not imply forgoing other needs for 1 singular WR?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
We'll see how this offseason goes but every day it looks more and more to me like the best path forward for the WR position is stocking draft assets in '24 to make a run at Marvin Harrison Jr.

This is what you said. Does this not imply forgoing other needs for 1 singular WR?
I dont think it does. I think you try to fill your needs this offseason as well as you can, but also give yourself assets next offseason that could turn into elite talents like harrison/bowers/fashanu/williams(if Fields struggles). But I don't think that means tanking again this year.