**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I didn't say anything about tanking.
K. Idk what your point is then. Are you just saying not to focus solely on Harrison when there will be multiple elite talents? I agree. I really like Harrison but we might end up having a different need like fashanu at LT. I still think I prefer getting as many assets as possible for next year.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He is going to go very high. Complete player. Instinctive, tough, ball skills. Wouldn't surprise me if he's top 20.

He was an absolute shut down CB this year, and was robbed of another INT on a terrible call. The only plays I ever saw him give up, and I watched most UI snaps this year, were bad PI calls.
I am position-agnostic when it comes to draftable players at any pick. If the guy is going to start on your team and make a difference, I dont care that we have two good corners already. That said, if Chicago trades down, where do you take him?

I see one of the ideal trade partners as Detroit (even though they are a division rival); if Detroit moves up to #1 for their QB of the future, Chicago will have two bites in the first round and one of them very well could go to a shutdown corner.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Broncos had a top 10 D by yards and DVOA despite Wilson routinely putting them in bad spots. This may come as a shock but maybe NFL teams know more than you.
Guess you missed the point. I don't know jack about him, just find it funny he is everything you thought Desai was... but wasn't.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I am position-agnostic when it comes to draftable players at any pick. If the guy is going to start on your team and make a difference, I dont care that we have two good corners already. That said, if Chicago trades down, where do you take him?

I see one of the ideal trade partners as Detroit (even though they are a division rival); if Detroit moves up to #1 for their QB of the future, Chicago will have two bites in the first round and one of them very well could go to a shutdown corner.
I doubt the Bears target a CB early but that depends on FA. Also not anticipating that they will select in the 10-25 range which is where I see him going.

I haven't watched a ton of other CBs so it's tough for me to say how he compares, but imo he is a lot like Jaire Alexander (another guy I really liked coming out), except he is a real hammer coming up in the run game. Sticky, aggressive, ball skills. I legit don't remember him getting beat badly once this entire season.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
K. Idk what your point is then. Are you just saying not to focus solely on Harrison when there will be multiple elite talents? I agree. I really like Harrison but we might end up having a different need like fashanu at LT. I still think I prefer getting as many assets as possible for next year.
Yes, 100% what I'm saying. I don't have an issue with getting assets. I have an issue with targeting 1 specific non-QB with those assets 15 months in advance.

Oh and BTW, I love Fashanu. I'm so mad he didn't declare this year. If he was in this draft, I think he'd be the only non QB potential superstar offensive player. I'd take him as high as 4, if trading down with the Colts. All-Pro upside.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I doubt the Bears target a CB early but that depends on FA. Also not anticipating that they will select in the 10-25 range which is where I see him going.

I haven't watched a ton of other CBs so it's tough for me to say how he compares, but imo he is a lot like Jaire Alexander (another guy I really liked coming out), except he is a real hammer coming up in the run game. Sticky, aggressive, ball skills. I legit don't remember him getting beat badly once this entire season.
Personally, I think getting another CB at that level would be a luxury pick, but we also know how highly Flus values DB. It is a tough call, but I cant argue with a sticky CB that hits like a hammer. If he is a Bear in a couple months, he's going to put up a highlight reel that all of us cheer for (after gratuitous bitching over positional value and all that).

I would much rather he sign someone to compete with Vildor on the other side and focus resources spent on defense on the pass rush. Trading down outside of a top-10 pick will still net you a great pass rushing prospect this year, and I think that drafting the third best DE would still be a more impactful improvement regardless of who we sign in FA. The pass rush is that bad.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He is going to go very high. Complete player. Instinctive, tough, ball skills. Wouldn't surprise me if he's top 20.

He was an absolute shut down CB this year, and was robbed of another INT on a terrible call. The only plays I ever saw him give up, and I watched most UI snaps this year, were bad PI calls.
Definitely should go top 15. I don't get the safety stuff. Play him at CB, let him play inside and out, do everything with him. But him on the best WR, put him in the slot. Blitz him off the slot, give him outside contain in the run game. Press, man, Cover 3, he can do it all, IMO.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Personally, I think getting another CB at that level would be a luxury pick, but we also know how highly Flus values DB. It is a tough call, but I cant argue with a sticky CB that hits like a hammer. If he is a Bear in a couple months, he's going to put up a highlight reel that all of us cheer for (after gratuitous bitching over positional value and all that).

I would much rather he sign someone to compete with Vildor on the other side and focus resources spent on defense on the pass rush. Trading down outside of a top-10 pick will still net you a great pass rushing prospect this year, and I think that drafting the third best DE would still be a more impactful improvement regardless of who we sign in FA. The pass rush is that bad.
I agree. I think they will sign a guy to play slot actually. Gordon seemed much better on the outside imo.

A guy like Cam Sutton would be great.