**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’d stay away from diva receivers. Try to trade for my main man Tee Higgins or trade down around 10-12 and draft JSN

I don’t get the Tee Higgins trade spec. If Claypool cost a 2nd then Tee will cost a 1st. Y’all really want to keep spending high draft picks on WR’s due for contracts?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bills wouldn’t want Kmet. They just signed Knox to a big deal and would have to pay Kmet to a deal as well.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Gabriel wrote this later about that tweet

“From what I understand, he was fully capable of playing, chose not to but that will never publically be admitted to”
As did a few other WRs when they didn’t want to risk injury before being paid.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I don’t get the Tee Higgins trade spec. If Claypool cost a 2nd then Tee will cost a 1st. Y’all really want to keep spending high draft picks on WR’s due for contracts?
Yes, if they are good. If Higgins hits the market, I think he's gonna be the best that does in the next few years. That includes free agency, trade market, and the draft (yes, he's better than Harrison Jr, IMO). He's a legit #1 cast as a #2 in Cincinnati. And the Bears have the money with nobody else on the team getting paid big money outside of Jackson.

You got people wanting to trade a 2nd or 3rd for 31 year old Hopkins. Trading a 1st (especially if you end up with an extra one) for a young stud WR you do, regardless of the Claypool situation.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Anyone know why the Bears are listed at 92 million in cap space now? Thought it was over 100 million?

@remydat
This site doesn't include rollover (9M+) and has different valuations of the current cap. Also has a 5M dead cap difference for Robert Quinn. It also seems to be using the "effective cap number" whatever that is, over the actual cap number, which is the difference between 115M and 99M in cap used.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, if they are good. If Higgins hits the market, I think he's gonna be the best that does in the next few years. That includes free agency, trade market, and the draft (yes, he's better than Harrison Jr, IMO). He's a legit #1 cast as a #2 in Cincinnati. And the Bears have the money with nobody else on the team getting paid big money outside of Jackson.

You got people wanting to trade a 2nd or 3rd for 31 year old Hopkins. Trading a 1st (especially if you end up with an extra one) for a young stud WR you do, regardless of the Claypool situation.

WR is one of those positions that historically you can find a good one outside of round 1. To keep throwing away high draft picks at it makes zero sense to me.

Canth

Liked Posts:
its amazing how quick people want to call the claypool trade a bust...so if they do not make the deal and the bears have the 32nd pick, who is it that they take thats a sure fire stud? guys like johnston, jsn, addison etc will be gone in rd 1 and someone like flowers is too early to be taken at 32. Poles will have some free agent choices if he wants to add some talent in guys like campbell, sherfield, meyers, chark jr etc...I've not given up on claypool i think he'll get on the same page as fields and will ball out next season.

this one is even more pathetic...diggs has every right to be upset, the offensive gameplan was piss poor and the defense couldnt get a pass rush against a backup oline. Its not like the bills window has closed so what better story than to trade away their best offensive weapon and roll the dice on 3 different scenarios; TE thats not as good as knox who needs a new contract or a bunch of unproven draft picks or an injured mooney whos needing a new contract...

I am in the we will just have to wait and see with Claypool group. I was surprised by the pick at the time and I am just hoping that with a full offseason and some other help coming that they find a way to make it work.

Having said that, the argument would likely be that you could use the #32 pick to trade up or down to get a player that stays on a cheap contract for longer. Not necessarily that you would use the exact #32 pick on a WR. Which is always easier said than done and likely depends on what other picks the Bears have at their disposal if/when they do trade out of the #1 pick.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Bears aren't trading a top 10 pick for Higgins. So unless they trade down to mid teens, bears better hope cincy doesn't trade him this offseason

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This site doesn't include rollover (9M+) and has different valuations of the current cap. Also has a 5M dead cap difference for Robert Quinn. It also seems to be using the "effective cap number" whatever that is, over the actual cap number, which is the difference between 115M and 99M in cap used.

Well that’s why I asked the question! ?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here's remy once again thinking if he says it then it's right but has absolutely never been in or around the NFL game in his entire life to have those answers. This is just your simple opinion, not the actual answer just because you said it.

For me, i would give up a 3rd and 6th for K.Toney over the first pick in the 2nd round for Claypool. This is my opinion. The talent Toney has and has shown in his minimal playing time is ridiculous. If you can't see that talent then that's fine but it's hard not to see. You'd rather give up the first pick in the 2nd round which we all already knew because you made it known that you were good with that trade when it happened.

Umm you would be giving up the first pick in the 3rd and 6th round if you were the Bears. So no Toney is not worth that.

All you are doing is making excuses for his lack of production. It is Jones fault he sucked in NY. And it is Mahomes fault he sucks in KC because he spreads the ball around.

Why would he then be successful here? In what scenario is this amazing talent going to shine?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Anyone know why the Bears are listed at 92 million in cap space now? Thought it was over 100 million?

@remydat

Guys like Mooney, Claypool and Kmet had their final year salaries adjusted upwards. Claypool used to be 1.5 and now 2.9. Mooney went from 1m to 2m. You can still see the old salaries if you check Sportrac.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
WR is one of those positions that historically you can find a good one outside of round 1. To keep throwing away high draft picks at it makes zero sense to me.
I mean, you can look at it as "throwing away high picks" or you can look at it as "supporting your franchise QB".

Eagles just spent a 1st on Devonta Smith, they still traded a 1 for AJ Brown and look where they are
Bengals had Boyd and Higgins already, they still spent a high 1 on Chase and look where they've been since
Dolphins just spent a 1st on Waddle, they still traded a 1 for Tyreke Hill and look where they were when Tua was healthy

We've seen what big WR trades have done for Hurts, Tua, Allen, etc. That's the incentive to keep going after WRs. While I will agree that it's probably not the best idea to assume that will happen just by getting a guy for Fields, I'm not going to let the Chase Claypool trade deter me from getting a stud player.

The Claypool thing is whatever. If he doesn't work out, fine, let him walk. You traded the 32nd pick for 1.5 years of him. It was worth a shot. Higgins is already a multi-year 1000 yard WR, and that's with playing alongside a generational talent who already came into the league with a chemistry advantage with their QB. The Bears are looking at potentially having an extra 1st round pick next year. The Rams have won a title while focusing on established players over unproven draft picks. It would be negligent to Fields if the Bears don't at least make a strong effort if Higgins hits the market.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Why? There’s other WR’s in the sea.
I guess I should say bears fans. There also really aren't many options as good or that would fit as well as Higgins. Next year with multiple firsts (hopefully) would be more plausible. But if Jets wouldn't give a top 10 for tyreek, no reason to give up a top 10 for higgins

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Most want to trade for Hopkins with an Amari Cooper like trade. Not a 2nd

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bears aren't trading a top 10 pick for Higgins. So unless they trade down to mid teens, bears better hope cincy doesn't trade him this offseason
I'm sure they'd trade a 2024 pick for him, which they should have an extra of in a few months. I also don't think the Bengals trade him. They are either winning a SB this year, going to a 2nd consecutive Superbowl, or going to be 1 step away from the SB this year. They aren't going to break up that team until they absolutely have to. They can keep Higgins on the last year of his deal, then franchise him after 2023 and cut Boyd (the clear 3rd of the 3 WRs). They can get 2 more runs in before Burrow's big money hits and before they have to re-sign Chase.