**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm so right there in the middle on re-signing or letting Monty walk. The guy has been a great Bear on and off the field, love his energy and seems like everyone loves him in the locker room and the guy absolutely runs as hard as any RB in the league, but, we need a RB that can do it all and has the speed to break the long one's. That's not to say we can't still sign a pass catching RB to go with Monty and Herbert like Deuce Vaughn or someone like him.

I'll be sad to see him go and if he does go Poles better be 100% sure whoever he replaces him with is an upgrade whether that's spending good money in free agency or drafting one of Bijan, J.Gibbs, Z.Evans or another all around RB.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
The Kiper interview was interesting about Carter playing inured.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It'd doesn't matter how much players want. It matters how much GMs are willing to pay them. But there is also no evidence of him thinking anything that I can find in that article.

I am a huge fan of Monty but if some GM wants to pay him $48/4, I will watch him when I am able, root for him, and be happy the Bears didn't give him that deal.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Ben Powers would be a downgrade from Whitehair but he is younger. I know Ravens fans would rejoice at him leaving the team.
He's also a pure power run blocking scheme guy. Don't like him as a fit in this offense.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yes please

I'm so torn on him. I love the potential. And him getting reps at LG this season really helps. But like the article says, I definitely don't want him handed a starting job. So, you'd want him in a competition to start, but my fear is that if he's in competition, then the overall OL isn't good enough.

As I have said before, he isn't going to compete with Jones. I don't think anyone is. Jones is at least penciled in at LT. And if he's competing at RT or LG, that likely means the Bears didn't do enough to add good linemen to this team. Maybe if they added Pocic at C and McGlinchey or someone at RT, you'd feel OK with a LG competition. But he'll likely be competing with either a midround pick or another vet who hasn't proven anything either. If it's 1 spot on the OL, then cool. But if he's competing for snaps with guys like Leatherwood, Borom, or a 3rd round rookie....yuck.