**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Vikes will be scoring a lot this season. But their defense will also give up a lot of scoring. Losing Cook is going to hurt(when they inevitably cut him), can’t believe they didn’t get a fast RB in the draft—Mattinson is just “meh.”
I think they win at least 4-5 fewer games this year than last.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
This was a smooth move by Poles and Cunningham even though there was some complaining on this board about the compensation.

“Basically, the Eagles kicked in the fourth-round pick as insurance against not missing out on Carter. Which means they really liked him, and that they didn’t want to risk someone cutting the line via a trade with the Bears.

For Chicago, it worked out because they still got the player they would have taken at No. 9, with an extra fourth-round pick and a contract at one slot lower than ninth.”
This was always the only reason that made sense for the Eagles to trade up one spot. People bitching that the Bears should have got more or that they didn't know who the Eagles wanted are delusional. Poles essentially made something out of nothing.

Edit

Last edited:

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This was always the only reason that made sense for the Eagles to trade up one spot. People bitching that the Bears should have got more or that they didn't know who he Eagles wanted are delusional. Pace essentially made something out of nothing.
;)

Pace would never make a deal like that. He would have traded up and took Nolan Smith or something.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
The Giants absolutely rocked that defense in the playoffs. A terrible Colts team scored a ton of points on them too even though the Colts eventually lost.

They’re not anywhere near as good as last year’s record.
flores replaced donatell... i think flores will have the defense much improved by comparison...donatell was always riding fangio's coattails.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
None of those hurt my heart. Especially Santos bricking away potential wins. I was able to root for each win but happy to lose (except the Green Bay games). We were going no where last year. And we desperately need talent. Winning 6 games last year would be more painful.
That said, the Commanders loss hurt to watch. You could see Fields do everything he could to win and his supporting cast was just so bad in that one.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we didn't get Moore I'd want Poles trying to sign him. He's unlikely to want to play here but...
I guess you could have offered a late round pick and pay that high salary as it's better than nothing to the Cards. Dude constantly bails out his QBs. Never relied on speed. Fortunately, we have a younger longer term solution but Hopkins is far from done.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopkins is represented unofficially by Saint Omni ie same dude that worked with Quan.
Wouldn't sign here anyway. Poles would have had to trade and then deal with a malcontent if he didn't buy in. So happy that this worked out the way that it did but if it hadn't, it was time to do as much as possible for Fields development.