**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is it just me, or is the talent at the top of this draft a bit underwhelming? Outside of QB maybe?

I am starting to wonder if teams might all lowball the bears a little cause they know there's nobody worth the #1 to them
No. Although this isn’t as deep as the 2021 draft—it’s still much better than last years Draft. But to your point, most have said only about 17 players have a typical first round grade on them

DE/QB/IOL/DB are all very deep positional groups in this draft.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No. Although this isn’t as deep as the 2021 draft—it’s still much better than last years Draft. But to your point, most have said only about 17 players have a typical first round grade on them

DE/QB/IOL/DB are all very deep positional groups in this draft.
The top almost always has a few players that stand out. If a draft is weaker, it should make those picks even more premium. I this years case, It would be nice if the Bear could stay in the top 5 or so and that's not uncommon for the 1st tier in most drafts. In this case, 2 D players, 2 QBs and don't be surprised if it becomes 3 QBs or an OT rises to that standard. Remember when we took Mitch? In terms of draft grade, it was a 1 player draft at the top.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bruh’s’, if this is the off-season, I might go into hiding until the start of free agency, this is painful
Ummmmmmmm that will be forbidden of you because we wouldn't have anyone to run this thread soooooooo......NO.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This article with 40 possible FA for the Bears has some players that would really bolster the roster. Not sure it turns them into instant contenders, but would definitely add talent to the roster at key positions. Most guys won't make it to FA, but a great starting point to look at some of the possible fits for the Bears O and D systems.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I just took a shit halfway through reading your post. Not sure if there's a message in there or not but it was a good healthy light brown turd.
Not 100% sure, but I think what happened is you may have caught a glimpse of yourself as you walked passed a mirror.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is it just me, or is the talent at the top of this draft a bit underwhelming? Outside of QB maybe?

I am starting to wonder if teams might all lowball the bears a little cause they know there's nobody worth the #1 to them
But if QB1 is that coveted, it's not about who the Bears may pick, but who else and for how much are they willing to pay to get QB1. It's not the Bears that the other teams are bidding against for the #1 pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think these trades are all a little light on what the Bears get in return for the #1 pick but they're all probably still more realistic than most of the mock trades people on CCS come up with. I don't think i would take any of these trades but didn't give them all as much thought as i would if they were actually real offers.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bryce Young hype is starting early. If he shows out at the combine/pro day, the Bears are going to choosing between the fillet and Lobster of trade back deals.

This will literally be a picture of Halas Hall: (cheap ass McCaskeys)

I mean I get it. If he was JF1’s size he’d truly be a “generational” QB prospect. That seems like the only question mark.

And with the league turning into a flag football league for QB’s….

Several NFL GM’s are stress eating now deciding what to do with him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is the most logical convo i've heard yet about what the Bears should do with the top pick and J.Fields by Dan Wiederer. Pretty much saying stick with J.Fields for next year, get him some help and see if he shows the right growth next year, use the 1st pick to trade down for more picks especially a 2024 1st because then if you really want to move away from Fields there's 1 maybe 2 QB's coming out in that draft that have more generational talent than B.Young or any QB in this draft with Caleb Williams and some think Drake Maye.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bryce Young hype is starting early. If he shows out at the combine/pro day, the Bears are going to choosing between the fillet and Lobster of trade back deals.

This will literally be a picture of Halas Hall: (cheap ass McCaskeys)

Do I spot Virginia in that gif?