**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Poles is on record for a year now saying he wants to be selective. He doesn’t want to overspend. He could have done it with Roquan but hit his limit and said “I’m out.” He’s not going to exceed his limits just to get a guy. He could have still signed Larry O but backed out for medicals. He has his parameters and won’t exceed them.
All these quotes are relative. Leatherwood and Harry are examples of willing to overspend for a roll of the dice. You are not going to find elite FA examples in a cap clearing year. If he keeps Whitehair, it will be another example. Roquan is worth more in his current D than this one. Poles offer was effectively an overpay for Roquan's value to this team and not being able to sign him made that trade the prudent thing to do.

My issue with the scenario is that this staff didn't see Sanborn as a starter along side Roquan before he left.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Poles is on record for a year now saying he wants to be selective. He doesn’t want to overspend. He could have done it with Roquan but hit his limit and said “I’m out.” He’s not going to exceed his limits just to get a guy. He could have still signed Larry O but backed out for medicals. He has his parameters and won’t exceed them.
He signed him and a G in FA because he was willing to overspend for them even if they weren't stars, again due to this year's cap considerations. They're not here for reason other than a willingness to overpay for them which is the definition of FA.

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
#811 Why don't you stop thinking about me and constantly initiating contact ( I DO NOT INITIATE CONTACT WITH YOU). Why don't u stop initiating your troll-beacth, stalking. Stop being a sick phuck, kunting stalker who luvs initiating discussions about what comes out of a man's azz. It's gets old.
And this is a FTO thread. Stop initiating, the stalking, the sickness and derailment into the CCS forum >>>link #811 and this in link #814

Please curse like a big boy
fuck
shit
piss
cunt
damn
bitch

Thanks

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because I said Poles won’t overpay? ?
Personally, I think Poles may be willing to overpay at positions of need that are of high importance. Think DT/DE/OT/WR. Then I think he will be selective and look for deals on a RB/NB/G/LB. This is just a hunch and has no factual basis, but if I was a GM with 100M in cap, this is probably how I would look at it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Poles has a value for each player.

It’s HIS budget for each player.

What CCS thinks doesn’t matter!

So keep on debating weather YOU think it’s an overpay or not…. Your opinion is not relevant.

All I’ve been trying to beat into your thick skulls is he’s going to stick to that value that he has set and move on if the player exceeds it.

Roquan is the perfect example. He made him an offer. He wanted him here. The value exceeded Pole’s value so he moved on.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
In contracting, we had a number of axioms that were not to be crossed. The man who trained me had his "laws" printed out and displayed like he was Moses.

The trick is that every rule has an exception, and the exceptions make your argument for you. You can overpay for the right player, and they are the right player because everyone will see what you spent and not put any effort into complaining about it. Paying the price to bring in a top-off-the-line pass rusher is the equivalent of outspending your budget by 10% to improve your motor.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

So keep on debating weather YOU think it’s an overpay or not…. Your opinion is not relevant.

All I’ve been trying to beat into your thick skulls is he’s going to stick to that value that he has set and move on if the player exceeds it.

Roquan is the perfect example. He made him an offer. He wanted him here. The value exceeded Pole’s value so he moved on.
Whether*

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Hope it doesnt sound like I am hounding you because I am responding to a couple of your posts in a row, I just wanted to add a little from experience of working with enormous budgets. And maybe I am wrong here, because Poles is the one getting paid the big bucks for a specialized position, but big budgets for complex products always have lines you arent supposed to cross... unless you are supposed to cross them... in which case the smartest guy in the room is the one who crossed the line.

Overspending on Roquan Smith seemed like the equivalent of overspending on nicer seats. It just isnt budget smart, and while this team isnt competitive for the playoffs, is unproductive money.

Overspending on a pass rusher or a blocker is like overspending on the propulsion system of a rocket. That is, if you underspend, you probably wont even get off the ground. Overspending by 10% (say, 2 million per year over a 20 million per year contract) is better than underspending by 10% when we are talking about the actual components that make the vehicle operate.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hope it doesnt sound like I am hounding you because I am responding to a couple of your posts in a row, I just wanted to add a little from experience of working with enormous budgets. And maybe I am wrong here, because Poles is the one getting paid the big bucks for a specialized position, but big budgets for complex products always have lines you arent supposed to cross... unless you are supposed to cross them... in which case the smartest guy in the room is the one who crossed the line.

Overspending on Roquan Smith seemed like the equivalent of overspending on nicer seats. It just isnt budget smart, and while this team isnt competitive for the playoffs, is unproductive money.

Overspending on a pass rusher or a blocker is like overspending on the propulsion system of a rocket. That is, if you underspend, you probably wont even get off the ground. Overspending by 10% (say, 2 million per year over a 20 million per year contract) is better than underspending by 10% when we are talking about the actual components that make the vehicle operate.

Everyone here keeps talking about overspending in CCS or general public context.

I’m talking about what Poles thinks is overspending.

I’m sure he understands perfectly that some positions are worth more. He’s mentioned “premium” positions before so obviously those will be valued more.

All I’m saying is if Poles thinks Payne is worth 25 mil and some team is at 28…. He’s not going to 30 just because he has the money.

He’s moving on to Plan B DT.