**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It'd doesn't matter how much players want. It matters how much GMs are willing to pay them. But there is also no evidence of him thinking anything that I can find in that article.

I am a huge fan of Monty but if some GM wants to pay him $48/4, I will watch him when I am able, root for him, and be happy the Bears didn't give him that deal.
Yeah, I've always assumed he would seek 4/$48M deal that Mixon and Aaron Jones got. RBs who re-sign deals, that's what they sign for. That's the market. The lower tier is James Conner and Leonard Fournette at 7M/year (Austin Ekeler throws this off a little by signing for 3/$18M underpay). Monty is 3 years younger than those other 2 guys, though, and simply a better player.

That being said, on the open market, he may not get much more than those deals. I don't see him getting what Mixon/Jones got. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't seek that much out. If he's not on that tier, he's closer to it than the lower tier, IMO and I'm sure his too.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's also a pure power run blocking scheme guy. Don't like him as a fit in this offense.

He improved everywhere this year but is he getting ready to turn a leaf and be a different kind of player? I don't know but I'd rather draft a guard.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good stuff. Man, the FA and draft is going to be so important.

FA: March 15
Draft: April 27

Some good games this weekend.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
"Fields has three more years left on his rookie contract. Realistically speaking, the Bears are at least two years away from becoming legitimate contenders. That leaves Poles little room for error as he rebuilds the Bears' roster."

Been saying this for awhile now. By the time Poles puts together a competent team (assuming he even does), Fields will be out of his rookie contract (assuming he's good).

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Eskimo's gunning for Fields job.

axs4aylapgea1.jpg

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
"Fields has three more years left on his rookie contract. Realistically speaking, the Bears are at least two years away from becoming legitimate contenders. That leaves Poles little room for error as he rebuilds the Bears' roster."

Been saying this for awhile now. By the time Poles puts together a competent team (assuming he even does), Fields will be out of his rookie contract (assuming he's good).
Best case scenario, how much talent can Poles add this offseason and how much can the team improve for this upcoming season?

We have so many holes: whole DL, two LB slots, a CB on defense alone. On offense we need to replace 2, maybe 3 OL, and find a WR1.

Best case scenario we're looking at truly being ready in 2024--year 4 of Fields' rookie deal. That's a small window.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Still overblown. Burrow hasn't actually won anything and in recent years SB winning teams have won without a QB on rookie contract. Last time a rookie won on rookie contract was Mahomes.

2021 - Stafford
2020 - Brady
2019 - Mahomes
2018 - Brady
2017 - Foles

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still overblown. Burrow hasn't actually won anything and in recent years SB winning teams have won without a QB on rookie contract. Last time a rookie won on rookie contract was Mahomes.

2021 - Stafford
2020 - Brady
2019 - Mahomes
2018 - Brady
2017 - Foles
This but fuck, Burrow looks real and his team is taking advantage of that salary. Not a trend but just saying.