**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Arizona moves out from 3 or talks enough about doing so, Indy will be fully bent over a barrel with a clownshow HC, that 2024 1st from them would be golden.

-Saturday was a joke, he's not going to build out a decent staff because any coach worth shit knows he's not long for the job despite Irsay being in love with him
-Ballard not having final say is hilarious and their QB desperation puts them in a really bad spot if Arizona decides to trade with say Carolina - I can't think of a worse situation for a franchise to be in
-Carter/Anderson + Marvin Harrison Jr in 2024 would be a franchise altering pull, whatever else we could extract from them in trade would be awesome but if they hire Saturday I wouldn't even entertain trading with anybody else than that dumpster fire org
This is hilarious. Pace turned into a bad hire but the lamenting about Ballard was sooo unfounded. Owner pulling his glorified scout's strings but good. Don't get me wrong, Ballard is a good scout but...

Could be great for the Bear come draft day as Irsay has said he doesn't want a retread and has intimated that he'll do whatever it takes to get his QB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is hilarious. Pace turned into a bad hire but the lamenting about Ballard was sooo unfounded. Owner pulling his glorified scout's strings but good. Don't get me wrong, Ballard is a good scout but...

Could be great for the Bear come draft day as Irsay has said he doesn't want a retread and has intimated that he'll do whatever it takes to get his QB.

If Irsay gets his pick as the HC and effectively decides who to take at QB, how embarrassed will Ballard be? If I were him, I would just quit right now to save face. Irsay is fast approaching the Snyder/Davis territory as an ineffective, bumbling and meddling owner that makes awful decisions. It’s only a matter of time before some report comes out about him being misogynistic or racist. As bad as the Bears have been, at least ownership has never gone down that road.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If Irsay gets his pick as the HC and effectively decides who to take at QB, how embarrassed will Ballard be? If I were him, I would just quit right now to save face. Irsay is fast approaching the Snyder/Davis territory as an ineffective, bumbling and meddling owner that makes awful decisions. It’s only a matter of time before some report comes out about him being misogynistic or racist. As bad as the Bears have been, at least ownership has never gone down that road.
Shouldn’t it be enough he’s a coke head

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears used Claypool really poorly last year. The Jets game, without Fields they used him correctly. Got man coverage on the outside and threw a jump ball to him. But I also think he's really deadly on deep in routes. Think of AJ Brown. Brown was used on deep ins ad nauseum in Tennesee and he was unstoppable. I think Claypool can be the same way. He has the threat of getting down the field like Brown does. And he's big and strong and will be tough for CBs to handle on in-breaking routes in the middle of the field. I want to see the Bears at least try to emulate the Eagles offense. I know they aren't as talented across the board, but I think they could have success with Claypool in the Brown role with Mooney in the Devonta Smith role. Kmet would be Goedert. And obviously, Fields has similarities to Hurts in his ability to throw and run the ball. Toughest part will be replicating that Eagles OL, but they have a ton of resources to throw at the position.

Canth

Liked Posts:
If Arizona moves out from 3 or talks enough about doing so, Indy will be fully bent over a barrel with a clownshow HC, that 2024 1st from them would be golden.

-Saturday was a joke, he's not going to build out a decent staff because any coach worth shit knows he's not long for the job despite Irsay being in love with him
-Ballard not having final say is hilarious and their QB desperation puts them in a really bad spot if Arizona decides to trade with say Carolina - I can't think of a worse situation for a franchise to be in
-Carter/Anderson + Marvin Harrison Jr in 2024 would be a franchise altering pull, whatever else we could extract from them in trade would be awesome but if they hire Saturday I wouldn't even entertain trading with anybody else than that dumpster fire org

One other thought I keep having in my head is: Who is to say that Arizona will not also be looking to draft a qb? I know a huge contract was just given to Kyler Murray. But...that was a different front office and coaching staff and Kyler got injured. I think there are legit questions that he would be ready to start the season. Soo...in my mind at least, it's a possibility.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the Bears used Claypool really poorly last year. The Jets game, without Fields they used him correctly. Got man coverage on the outside and threw a jump ball to him. But I also think he's really deadly on deep in routes. Think of AJ Brown. Brown was used on deep ins ad nauseum in Tennesee and he was unstoppable. I think Claypool can be the same way. He has the threat of getting down the field like Brown does. And he's big and strong and will be tough for CBs to handle on in-breaking routes in the middle of the field. I want to see the Bears at least try to emulate the Eagles offense. I know they aren't as talented across the board, but I think they could have success with Claypool in the Brown role with Mooney in the Devonta Smith role. Kmet would be Goedert. And obviously, Fields has similarities to Hurts in his ability to throw and run the ball. Toughest part will be replicating that Eagles OL, but they have a ton of resources to throw at the position.
I'll be happy if he just becomes that reliable target for Fields and puts up legit #2 WR stats. If he can do that consistently then maybe one day i'll be okay with Poles giving up the #32 pick for him.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Poles is so antisocial no 'Merican Qb will talk to him.
I'm not sure why Biggs phrased it like this.

Kai Locksley played with the Dolphins at WR
Jacob Dolegala played QB with the Bengals/Packers/Patriots

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
One other thought I keep having in my head is: Who is to say that Arizona will not also be looking to draft a qb? I know a huge contract was just given to Kyler Murray. But...that was a different front office and coaching staff and Kyler got injured. I think there are legit questions that he would be ready to start the season. Soo...in my mind at least, it's a possibility.
They really can't do anything with that contract though. They could draft a QB and sit Kyler for the year, and then sit that QB the year after, but even if they traded Murray after 2024 they'd have an 81M dead cap hit.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Well then start with putting resources in the OL to begin with and be opportunistic in finding better weapons. There are plenty of tackles and centers in the top 100 who can outperform the guys we had playing last year. Draft one of each and target a quality FA for both positions so that the rookie isnt required to be good on day 1.

Darnell Wright would look amazing in our colors, and I think would be an ideal target with a second round pick should Poles get good value trading down. We will see who rises and falls on draft day, but I have hope that Poles targets the trenches early and often.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I like Risner a lot. I don't think the Broncos bring him back. He was rumored to be on the block last year and potentially was fighting for his starting spot. But he's always been a solid guard, who is a good fit for the outside zone scheme. I do think he gets much more than 6M/year. I'm thinking 9-10Mil AAV on a 4-year deal. But he's a guy I'd love to add.