**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then why fire the doc? Doctors are supposed to be able to diagnose concussions independently of what players say.

It's admitting guilt, essentially. Also would be s public opinion issue.

To appease the NFLPA. They said the doc followed protocol and still fired him because the protocols are shit.

Pretty sure he can’t be held to his word being that he was concussed and all…

Hence why I also said he has maintained that lie for months now. At no point has he retracted the back injury claim.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure, it is possible that a rookie wide receiver is a complete non-contributor on offense just like Chase Claypool was. Busts happen, but the whole point is that at least there's upside. What is Claypool's upside? That he starts looking like the player he was the first half of his rookie year? It's not like he just recently started sucking, he has been in decline for years now.

You have to be completely delusional to still be defending that trade, the pick became the equivalent of a first-rounder and it was given away for a player who produced zero scores and only six first downs in seven games.

A draft pick would not play until this year. So there is no reason for me to cry about the trade until I see how Claypool performs this year.

You have to be completely delusional to cry about the loss of a 2023 2nd round pick in exchange for a player who has yet to play the 2023 season. What he did in 2022 is largely irrelevant. He should be judged based on the value he provides in 2023 and beyond relative to a draft pick that will be playing 2023 and beyond not 2022.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Vegas is one of the more attractive 2024 picks to own. I also think Washington, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and both New York teams are sneaky good partners if you are looking to acquire a high pick next year. Some of those teams will be in win-now mode too.

But who knows how the offseason will shake out. Stocks are going to rise and fall a lot between now and the draft.
Mr Kenny Golladay is the best FA up in here, holy shit

dennehy

Liked Posts:
To appease the NFLPA. They said the doc followed protocol and still fired him because the protocols are shit.

Hence why I also said he has maintained that lie for months now. At no point has he retracted the back injury claim.
Then the protocols are shit. That's still on the league.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If we are going to seriously look at late round big backs, the top priority for us should be Hunter Luepke out of North Dakota.

I watched a lot of him last season when was basically a tb who ran with power and some wiggle. He also caught well. Turns out he fleshed his Hback game out this season. So, drafting Luepke could fill the Jusczyyck role on our O.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Really hope the Bears don’t fall for Quentin Johnson. He just screams looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type of player.
I still think he's the #1 WR in this draft, but that probably says more about this draft class than anything else. He's frankly got a body type that hasn't been really successful at the NFL level. There's like Tee Higgins and AJ Green, but guys with his height/weight combination otherwise haven't been that good. He has the "go up and get it" size, arm length, catch radius, and probably jumping ability, but he just doesn't high point the ball. He doesn't utilize his whole catch radius and doesn't catch with his hands. That being said, he's big, will run fast, and jump out of the stadium.

The main reason I don't want the Bears to draft him is because of Claypool. I don't think his skillset matches up well with Mooney and Claypool. One of the 3 would always be in the slot when they are on the field, and none of them are best there. Johnston would be the worst in the slot, but he'd also likely be the worst on the outside. If the Bears add a WR, he needs to be either really good in the slot (Smith-Njigba, Flowers, and I like Rashee Rice there), or he needs to be dominant enough on the outside that you don't mind Mooney/Claypool there more because you still have that outside presence. I don't think Johnston is ready to be that yet.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I still think he's the #1 WR in this draft, but that probably says more about this draft class than anything else. He's frankly got a body type that hasn't been really successful at the NFL level. There's like Tee Higgins and AJ Green, but guys with his height/weight combination otherwise haven't been that good. He has the "go up and get it" size, arm length, catch radius, and probably jumping ability, but he just doesn't high point the ball. He doesn't utilize his whole catch radius and doesn't catch with his hands. That being said, he's big, will run fast, and jump out of the stadium.

The main reason I don't want the Bears to draft him is because of Claypool. I don't think his skillset matches up well with Mooney and Claypool. One of the 3 would always be in the slot when they are on the field, and none of them are best there. Johnston would be the worst in the slot, but he'd also likely be the worst on the outside. If the Bears add a WR, he needs to be either really good in the slot (Smith-Njigba, Flowers, and I like Rashee Rice there), or he needs to be dominant enough on the outside that you don't mind Mooney/Claypool there more because you still have that outside presence. I don't think Johnston is ready to be that yet.
All of that but you still think he’s the #1 Wr prospect in the draft??