**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I may be discounting his size a bit, but on film Zay Flowers is the best WR in this class imo.

His agility, competitive toughness, separation ability just jump of the screen to me.

He doesn't have the upside of a true top WR prospect, but there aren't any in this draft.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Along with the museum it is just beautiful architecture.

Those responsible for the design and execution of the SF remodel should be reditioned and tortured for their crime against humanity.
The museum complex is one of the more famous campus-landscape architecture designs in the history of planning.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
All of that but you still think he’s the #1 Wr prospect in the draft??
Yeah. As he said, it is more a tell of the quality and type of WR in this draft. This is the ZWR draft. Almost all of the top prospects are best suited for the slot. It is NOT a Y or X draft.

The best X prospects either don’t project well to the boundary and are all upside or play in the slot already and have potential to move out, like Hutchinson. The smaller boundary, Y, receiver, is a big ole I don’t fucking know. There are dudes with Mooney’s body type, but, like Addison, they seem to get more contrived catches than off of routes on the boundary.

Yeah. We are good with this draft since our primary needs at receiver are a Z and UTE. So, yeah, Johnson’s the top in the class, but that’s the tallest midget type of parallel.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bro this last year was his 3rd season he's not old af like you.
Word around the campfire is Claypool was bad because of Fields.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
All of that but you still think he’s the #1 Wr prospect in the draft??
Yes. I didn't really focus on his positives in that comment. But when his competition for the #1 spot is a 175lb dude with a 13% drop rate in 2021 and a dude 4-5 inches shorter who will probably run 1/10 of a second slower and missed the entire last year, it's not hard to be the #1 WR.

Johnston is still a unicorn. Upside is still great at 6'4", low 4.4 speed and it's not like his hands are unreliable. He's also phenomenal after the catch and has better separation at the top of his routes than most guys that big. He needs to do it more consistently, but I think in the right situation he has Tee Higgins upside. The concern is the Kevin White downside, and White was the 7th overall pick.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes. I didn't really focus on his positives in that comment. But when his competition for the #1 spot is a 175lb dude with a 13% drop rate in 2021 and a dude 4-5 inches shorter who will probably run 1/10 of a second slower and missed the entire last year, it's not hard to be the #1 WR.

Johnston is still a unicorn. Upside is still great at 6'4", low 4.4 speed and it's not like his hands are unreliable. He's also phenomenal after the catch and has better separation at the top of his routes than most guys that big. He needs to do it more consistently, but I think in the right situation he has Tee Higgins upside. The concern is the Kevin White downside, and White was the 7th overall pick.
Likely the better WR won’t be him or his competition for the “top” spot

He does not have tee Higgins upside IMO. Higgins has far superior hands than Johnston.

I just don’t see the “special” traits people speak of in regards to Johnston. Yes, he’s big and fast but that’s really all he is IMO

Much more like Kevin white than tee higgins is what I see.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agreed. Vegas is one of the more attractive 2024 picks to own. I also think Washington, Tampa Bay, Minnesota and both New York teams are sneaky good partners if you are looking to acquire a high pick next year. Some of those teams will be in win-now mode too.

But who knows how the offseason will shake out. Stocks are going to rise and fall a lot between now and the draft.
Not sure i agree i'd want any of those teams 2024 picks over teams like Houston, Indy, Atl and maybe even Carolina. I do like the F.Reich hire, especially if he gets Fangio, because they do have some talent on that team especially the defense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah. As he said, it is more a tell of the quality and type of WR in this draft. This is the ZWR draft. Almost all of the top prospects are best suited for the slot. It is NOT a Y or X draft.

The best X prospects either don’t project well to the boundary and are all upside or play in the slot already and have potential to move out, like Hutchinson. The smaller boundary, Y, receiver, is a big ole I don’t fucking know. There are dudes with Mooney’s body type, but, like Addison, they seem to get more contrived catches than off of routes on the boundary.

Yeah. We are good with this draft since our primary needs at receiver are a Z and UTE. So, yeah, Johnson’s the top in the class, but that’s the tallest midget type of parallel.
Lots of drafts had WR's that nobody thought would be #1 type WR's in the NFL and got drafted outside the 1st round only to become #1 WR's in the NFL. There's nobody in this world that can say what kind of careers any of these kids will have at the next level so lets just hope the Bears are the next team to find that #1 WR after the 1st round. There's no exact science to these drafts.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
A draft pick would not play until this year. So there is no reason for me to cry about the trade until I see how Claypool performs this year.

You have to be completely delusional to cry about the loss of a 2023 2nd round pick in exchange for a player who has yet to play the 2023 season. What he did in 2022 is largely irrelevant. He should be judged based on the value he provides in 2023 and beyond relative to a draft that will be playing 2023 and beyond not 2022.
The way he played after the Bears traded for him is irrelevant. Right.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lots of drafts had WR's that nobody thought would be #1 type WR's in the NFL and got drafted outside the 1st round only to become #1 WR's in the NFL. There's nobody in this world that can say what kind of careers any of these kids will have at the next level so lets just hope the Bears are the next team to find that #1 WR after the 1st round. There's no exact science to these drafts.
Let’s be clear here. I think this is two different conversations. Keenan Allen, Cooler Kupp, and Jamar Chase are all #1 WRs. They are also slot WRs. A receiver doesn’t have to be on the boundary to be a #1.

Now, usually the Y is the #2 since they’re shaded to the in-line TE side. Incidentally, this is why the in-line TE is usually referred to as the Y as it covers the Y receiver.

The X has the slot or UTE on their side to run Mesh, Rub, or whatever the fuck they’re calling glorified picks these days. BUT, there’s no reason why the bigger X couldn’t be the decoy; again, incidentally, it is how I observed Quentin Johnson being used.

So, could a #1 come out of this draft? Certainly. I am leaning towards Hutchinson as the sleeper #1 big slot that we should target that may become a #1, but don’t sleep on Marvin Mims or the kid out of Michigan State, Jayden Reed. Yes, they’re more of the Y or Z type, but they’re both electric.

Last edited: