**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's realistic/expected compensation for going from the first pick to the fourth?

I'm working under the assumption that Poles does not want to go beyond four to guarantee one of Anderson/Carter. I feel like Bears fans have unrealistic expectations for what we can get to trade down.
It's not unrealistic to expect a haul when SF gave up three firsts and a third to move up to number three. It could be unrealistic to mock getting all 2023 picks, or to expect the Bears to be automatic contenders after the draft.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I actually hope this is the case, because that would mean that he was rightfully pushed down the depth chart by more talented players like he was in Green Bay. Of course, he was pushed down in Year 3, because his 2nd year he missed with injury, so I don't wish that on him. But hopefully, he's WR5 or WR6 instead of WR2 like he was this year.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It's not unrealistic to expect a haul when SF gave up three firsts and a third to move up to number three. It could be unrealistic to mock getting all 2023 picks, or to expect the Bears to be automatic contenders after the draft.
SF moved up from like 12 though. While the 1st pick is more valuable than 3, the 4th pick is much more valuable than 12, so the Bears wouldn't be moving from blue chip prospects if 2 QBs go top 3.

I honestly don't think the Bears would shy away from anything that gets them a nice package of picks, even trading outside of the top 4. But for the 4th pick, I'd start the package at 3 top 60 picks. Obviously, the 4th pick, a 2nd round this year, and a then a future 1st or 2nd. If the future pick is a 2nd, then the Colts better be throwing in a couple other picks or a really good player.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Guess it's just a coincidence Poles drafted 4 players last year from the Senior Bowl
Between the shrine bowl and senior bowl there is over 200 prospects. So the guys in these games likely make up the majority of the draft. A lot of them are very good prospects. He didn't say not to draft them, he said not to base judgment solely on performance in those games.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Between the shrine bowl and senior bowl there is over 200 prospects. So the guys in these games likely make up the majority of the draft. A lot of them are very good prospects. He didn't say not to draft them, he said not to base judgment solely on performance in those games.

Yeah nothing wrong with his statements. Bears fans are just silly sometimes. Meatballs going to meetball.