**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

napo55

Liked Posts:
Tremaine Edmunds is a big linebacker and strong tackler who is not terribly instinctive and has not been a good pass defender, although he did improve last year in pass defense..

Clearly not as accomplished as Roquan Smith. But they are both young so it will be interesting to see how they develop in the next couple of years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sanborn not being our best defender in 2023 is not a bad thing.

He wouldn't have been either way with Brisker, Jackon, Johnson and Edwards. Just think he and Edwards would have been fine but not like I absolutely hate this and more than likely there were be injuries so having 3 good LBs isn't a bad idea. I just would have allocated the resources differently but oh well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tremaine Edmunds is a big linebacker and strong tackler who is not terribly instinctive and has not been a good pass defender, although he did improve last year in pass defense..

Clearly not as accomplished as Roquan Smith. But they are both young so it will be interesting to see how they develop in the next couple of years.

Well I think he can take on blocks unlike Quan

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Anyone have any more details on the Edmunds money breakdown? What's our current cap? TIA.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I like the front loading.

I just wish we frontloaded and overpaid for a more premium position (i.e. pass-rusher).
Me too, but there has to be somebody great at those positions that we could get, and it looks like there aren't at either OT or DT (if you believe Jones is signing with CLE). You have to overpay somebody to reach the cap floor, so why not do it for a guy who's really good? I think this will work out just fine.