**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Listen I would love to get Bijan but since Poles goatfucked the RT spot in FA, there are just too many more pressing matters to address before RB. The DL market in FA was underwhelming so Poles really couldn’t do a lot there besides maybe sign another decent vet to an overpay.
Fair enough. We good, bro.

There is a lot of talent for what we need on the DL in the draft. We can get a RT in the draft, and, as I said earlier on, we may have him on our roster already. So stockpiling weapons on O is the way to go.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
Don’t understand?

A bit much isn’t this?

There are plenty of OL/DL in the draft, especially since we use a scheme that doesn’t necessitate getting first round OL and can use later round picks.

There’s only one Bijan Robinson and what he can bring to the table. Having him after having upgraded the WR room like we have with DJ Moore gives us a powerhouse O. Scoring points wins games. Let’s win some games. Shall we?
I would rather trade up in the 2nd for Gibbs.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I would rather trade up in the 2nd for Gibbs.
This is such a terrible idea.

Gibbs is small. He had drops at the combine. Trading up costs picks that can be used at better positions. Either draft Bijan at 1 or fuck it until way into round 7 and take Sardorick Thompson or Chris Rodriguez. Don’t blow picks to move up. Nah man. Bad take.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I think there are definite avenues to upgrade RT/OL without using the #9. (e.g. trade mid-rounder for a vet, sign a cap casualty, use the 2nd/3rd rounder).

I don't really see any avenues to bring in a top WR/pass-rusher without using the #9.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leaning a bit much on that which was implied and subtext? Okay. It’s cool. Alan it from economic to talent now did we? Do your best.

And I said, 1,500 all purpose yards because
They wouldn’t use him the way you demand for 1,500 rushing yards, which, in a 17 game season, isn’t much and quite doable.

So, again. We disagree. Oh well. I am emphatic that Bijan Robinson is the best pick for the Bears at 9. You don’t see the talent. I’ll be happy to dismiss that since there are a significant number of highly respected people who do.

Sure, point out the stars you’d like, but the dude’s talented and bigger, faster, and better than CMC, more like a Faulk or Tomlinson. Taking Bijan Robinson at 9 would give the Bears a juggernaut on O. You don’t have to agree.

No you are getting lost. Go back to my post 8133. There were 2 points raised. I even numbered them 1 and 2. The first was a comment about opportunity cost. The 2nd was a comment about how a RB has to be a stud. So the argument was always about both economics and talent.

And you are overselling things. CMC, Fauk and Tomlinson were far more productive in college than Bijan. I did not say he is not talented. I said I dont think he is on the level of CMC or Tomlinson because his production doesnt warrant such comparisons. If I am drafting a RB in the top 10 I need him to not just be talented but I need that talent to be realized on the field. BJ numbers arent that special. Faulk, Tomlinson and CMC all had 2k yards from scrimmage in college. BJ did not.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eh, you're comparing counting stats. CMC had 2000 and 645 because he had more usage. CMC had 80 more carries and 25 more catches in his big year than Bijan did this year, mainly because A) Stanford was a run heavy team and CMC had more carries than his QB had passing attempts. B) CMC didn't have an NFL talent as his backup (to be fair, Bryce Love was a freshman on that team and did get drafted, but his career lasted exactly 0 carries). Bijan will have an OLDER backup that he shared all 3 years at Texas with.

But on a "per touch" basis, Robinson put up more yards per carry and more yards per reception this year than CMC's huge season. Yards per touch CMC did lead 7.0 to 6.8, which is due his more receptions having more weight on his touch average.

This just explains why he doesnt have the kind of production CMC did. It does not change the fact that his numbers in college arent all that special.

Again if I am taking a RB in the top 10 he better have elite talent and elite production.