**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Lol I can wait for this season to play out as I really hope this dude lives up to all this hype. Wouldnt want you to go on suicide watch if he disappoints.
I really hope he does so on the Bears.

Here’s something from behind the paywall since you like the money ball stats stuff so much:

From: Breaking down our Beat Writer Mock Draft: Favorite picks and biggest questions

When we look back on it, Dallas got seven seasons and better than 10,000 yards of total offense from Ezekiel Elliott before moving on. We can argue whether he was worth it with the fourth pick back in 2016, but we cannot argue that he was worth it in the first round. The conversation about drafting running backs early is complicated, especially when a running back is truly elite.

tyImages-1235788492-scaled-e1678983062169-1024x682.jpg
GO DEEPER
Forget NFL Draft norms, RB Bijan Robinson is a game-changer and worthy first-round pick

These are not long-term marriages. The odds a back is going to finish his career with the team he’s drafted by aren’t great. But if you promised me seven years of Bijan Robinson — including a four-year window in which he’s elite — I’d be tripping over myself to turn the card in.

This is something that elucidated some concepts banging around my head about RB value. It’s not a long term marriage, but a rocket ship.

The linked article in the quote is Detroit-centric, but a very good apologetic as to why Bijan Robinson’s a first round talent .

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

1 hour and 2 minutes in Greg smiles and refuses to talk about Van Ness because it might “incriminate” him.

?

Does Greg know something we don’t?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really hope he does so on the Bears.

Here’s something from behind the paywall since you like the money a ball stats stuff so much:

From: Breaking down our Beat Writer Mock Draft: Favorite picks and biggest questions

This is something that elucidated some concepts banging around my head about RB value. It’s not a long term marriage, but a rocket ship.

The linked article in the quote is Detroit-centric, but a very good apologetic as to why Bijan Robinson’s a first round talent .

I would not take Zeke at 4. He had 3 seasons of 1800 yards from scrimmage and 4.5 YPC or more but otherwise was just not that special a RB. Cowboys also didnt really do jack shit in the playoffs despite having a few talented teams.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
You think I forgot about Mooney? Nah, man. Regardless of drafting Bijan Robinson, Mooney would be second on the boundary, and would compete for touches in the slot. DJ Moore would be at the Y more with Claypool being the big X, especially if they run with a 2 TE set or put a FB on the field. So, in the unlikely event that we do draft Bijan, he would be in the Wing/Slot and split out wide. With his skills with the ball in his hand, he would move Mooney to a part time slot role and a share time with the Y boundary.

In all seriousness, you think he'd have to actually compete with Herbert? Fuck out of here. Dude. It would be a foregone conclusion that Bijan would be RB 1 unless they moved him to a different spot on the formation. The moment they put him anywhere else, a D would have to make a choice as to how to defend him or Moore. There'd be single coverage on someone and a read that the D doesn't like.

Herbert would be herbed. 7.1 yard per touch carry -- with his hands, and his pass blocking? He's what people think of as a replaceable part as far as RBs go. With Bijan, paralleling how I saw them use CMC in SF, the backs would be on a committee and get touches as he was moved around the formation. You really think Bijan'd be #2 behind the back up level RBs we have on the roster? Fuck out of here! Come on now!

Herbert over Bijan ... That's fucking hilarious.
If they got BR in the third round or later OK. Too many much, much, much more critical needs than to waste a high pick on a fucking RB. Even if BR was the second coming of Walter (which he isn't) I still wouldn't draft him high.

Liked Posts:
Of course Bijan would get around the same touches as Mooney in the slot, though Mooney would, hypothetically, of course, possibly spend more time in the slot. With Bijan, it would be more of Wing and Mooney, more of a slot look.

So, just to make it simple, because, apparently you're having some issues, who would you rather have with the ball in their hands, Robinson or Money? There ya go.
Question? Is Bijan a relation of yours or something?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That deal would be equivalent to about the #20 pick for Simmons going by the chart. I think that's probably a bit low for someone with his track record.
Maybe so. It just stings letting go of a first round pick, and Tennessee is sitting two picks behind Chicago that I'd like to at least explore how to get him as part of the package to move up from 11 to 9.

Gut reaction to 9th + Ravens second rounder for 11 and Simmons? The price to move from 12 to 10 in 2021 was 84 overall.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Maybe so. It just stings letting go of a first round pick, and Tennessee is sitting two picks behind Chicago that I'd like to at least explore how to get him as part of the package to move up from 11 to 9.

Gut reaction to 9th + Ravens second rounder for 11 and Simmons? The price to move from 12 to 10 in 2021 was 84 overall.
That would put Simmons value at a late second and mid third, which isn't anywhere close.