**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That's a good point. And Floyd had 4 sacks with Donald out toward the end of the year. And they were 5-5 in sacks when both played.

But I do think Floyd being an all-around player makes him a lesser signing than Ngakoue. Like I've said, Ngakoue has a very clear role that fills a deficiency on the defense (sack production). While, Floyd fills that role as well, because he is better all around, you're going to want him on the field more. And those additional snaps to 31-year old Floyd will come at the expense of Walker, Robinson, and a likely early draft pick who all have 3 years under contract.

***I'm assuming 1-year deal for either Floyd or Ngakoue and probably cut/trade Gipson in camp if you sign Floyd.
I wouldn't cut or trade Gipson. They are going to need 4 or 5 EDGE players because none are going to be dominant enough to draw 75% of snaps, plus injuries. Depth at DL imo is really, really important.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Can Floyd play DE?
Teams play with 5 or 6 man fronts 70-80% of the time, so he is lining up at DE whenever that happens and he is on the field.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, dipshit, it is not a signing bonus, it is a roster bonus, it is not subject to be recouped for any year other than the year it was exercised. Absolutely none of the 40 mil can now be recouped by GB, that ship sailed last year. Deal with it, you are wrong, you have been proven to be wrong, just deal with it. This is common knowledge.

What part of this is it you fail to comprehend?

The $40.8 million was specifically designed by Rodgers' camp to be a roster bonus. Unlike signing bonus, the Packers don't have rights of recoupment for any type of contract breach, including retirement, after the 2022 league year with the roster bonus.

A contract is still valid even after retirement. not sure what part of this you don't understand. That is why if Aaron Rodgers were to un-retire, his rights would still be property of the Green Bay Packers. Cutting him in this instance would be idiotic. Now you grasping to your last stray that there might be some hidden clause in this contract that no one knows about stating that they can cut him if he retires without paying the guarantees. That is moronic. if it were possible, then there would not be 1,000 articles on the web about the cap implications of what might happen if Aaron were to retire pre-june 1, etc. It would be a foregone conclusion, that if he did retire, Green Bay would just cut him.

You can't be this mind numbingly stupid.

No it is a roster bonus treated as a signing bonus for cap purposes. Whether it can be recouped has never been legally tested and it is obvious agents would say no because they represent players. You ask an NFL GM and they likely argue it is really a signing bonus hence the allocation over years and hence in a real world scenario it probably goes to arbitration. You are taking an agent's words as gospel ignoring his bias in favor of players.

A contract is valid after retirement if a team choses not to cut a player. I am not sure how you think contracts work. If you retire you are saying you have no intent to fulfil the terms. A team can retain your rights in the event you unretire or a team can release you in which case they dont retain your rights. That would in effect be a mutual agreement to end the contract because the player retires and the team said ok you are released from the contract. As long as both parties have agreed the contracr is over dummy.

I am not grasping at anything. It is clear voiding guarantees for retirement is possible but because it doesnt fit your stupid hypothetical you dont want to consider the possibility.

You dont know shit here. You are just regurgitating what an agent said and presuming a team is just going to blindly accept the agent's position. So you are trying to pass off the agent's knowledge as your own.

Perhaps you should run what I said by the agent as I suspect he would admit that this is his interpretation of how the law and CBA would be applied and there is still a risk he could be wrong because again it has never been legally tested. Most likely because your entire scenario is quite stupid. Again why would Rodgers do this again? You still havent answered that question.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Is h that much better than Gibbs... to the same extent of a 3 tech or T difference from the top of round 1 to the bottom of 2?
Other than size, which will also ding his blocking, and is less important in our scheme, what does Jahmyr Gibbs not offer?

Check out this breakdown if you don't believe me. This guy came to basically the same conclusion I did about Gibbs.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course Bijan would get around the same touches as Mooney in the slot, though Mooney would, hypothetically, of course, possibly spend more time in the slot. With Bijan, it would be more of Wing and Mooney, more of a slot look.

So, just to make it simple, because, apparently you're having some issues, who would you rather have with the ball in their hands, Robinson or Money? There ya go.
I'm starting to get worried

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
No reason to sign anyone right now. Draft and then there will be another wave of cuts across the league. Many players will have to accept 1 year deals at this stage and that is what the Bears should be targeting to fill gaps in the roster. I would still rather draft a center and cut Whitehair. If you’re not going to play him at guard, he shouldn’t be on roster. He can’t snap a football in shotgun.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
So tell me, if the Lions go on to win a playoff game this year, maybe more, what will your narrative be then? Just curious.
What was the narrative after Wayne Fontes, won a playoff game? I believe it was the Lions are a terrible organization

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't cut or trade Gipson. They are going to need 4 or 5 EDGE players because none are going to be dominant enough to draw 75% of snaps, plus injuries. Depth at DL imo is really, really important.
My scenario already had 4-5. Walker (will play there some), Robinson, whoever they draft in the top 64, and then Floyd.