**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
It's hard to tell. If Paris is gone at #9 but if Christian Gonzalez is there, it'd be tough to pass on him. We're still at a point where we need ballers at most any position.
I hope the best OT on Poles draft board is there at #9 so the Bears can shore up the OL and let Fields ball out this season.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
So, Whitehair was the Bears C from 2016 to mid 2020 and only moved to LG because of an injury to Daniels and has over 4,000 NFL snaps, was a Pro Bowl alt in 2018 but somehow, he can't make a snap in shotgun? I also believe the Bears should draft a C but bring him in to compete with Whitehair for that spot.
There seems to be 4-5 solid C prospects and we should get one to compete with Cody for sure.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I hope the best OT on Poles draft board is there at #9 so the Bears can shore up the OL and let Fields ball out this season.
That's the thing. What if the best OT is on his board isn't rated as highly as Gonzalez (or someone else) and both are available? Do you still take the OT out of need or take the higher rated player?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is true, and the Bears are 0-3 in the last three, thanks for pointing that out!!

All of it is true. Your welcome for correcting your dumb mistakes. Guess being 8-18 against Rodgers has you frazzled.

• Dislike
Reactions: chi

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But the rotating at RG made no fucking sense. Jenkins was the far superior player.

What if it was needed to keep Jenkins motivated?

What if there were parts of the playbook Jenkins struggled with?

Or it could just be stupid.

Who knows and who cares at this point? It is done.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
That's the thing. What if the best OT is on his board isn't rated as highly as Gonzalez (or someone else) and both are available? Do you still take the OT out of need or take the higher rated player?
That is something we as fans will never know unless we could get a peek at Poles draft board. Just my guess is Poles is going to do what is best for his franchise player, which means OT at #9, but that is just my opinion.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
That is something we as fans will never know unless we could get a peek at Poles draft board. Just my guess is Poles is going to do what is best for his franchise player, which means OT at #9, but that is just my opinion.
While i think Paris at #9 would be probably the best pick possible, i actually wouldn't be surprised one tiny bit if Poles doesn't think that a top 10 pick (or maybe even a first rounder) should be spent on an o-lineman. For one, we know he prides himself on finding gems later. Second, the outside zone scheme doesn't require super-studs to be effective as a unit. I woldn't be surprised at all if Poles grabs a D-lineman or even one of the cornerbacks considering the defense needs the help and we have Eberflus as the HC.

Reactions: chi

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
While i think Paris at #9 would be probably the best pick possible, i actually wouldn't be surprised one tiny bit if Poles doesn't think that a top 10 pick (or maybe even a first rounder) should be spent on an o-lineman. For one, we know he prides himself on finding gems later. Second, the outside zone scheme doesn't require super-studs to be effective as a unit. I woldn't be surprised at all if Poles grabs a D-lineman or even one of the cornerbacks considering the defense needs the help and we have Eberflus as the HC.
How do we know he prides himself on finding gems later on? Just because that's what he tried to do last year with limited draft picks?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Why are dolphins and 49ers paying top money to their lt then? Some of the shit you guys talk yourselves into LOL

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The sad thing is if the Bears go a few different directions at 9, we can't blame them, there are many needs. Sometimes, no more guessing or hoping to hit on a guy later in the draft. If Paris J is there at 9, the Bears really need to consider drafting him. He would be pretty damn close to BPA/fill a major need/years of good to great performance in college. I don't think flipping from LT to RT is as easy as people make it out to be, but if they truly believe that Braxton J can flip to RT and perform at least at the level he was at last year, they have to do that. Paris/Jenkins/C/Davis/BJones is a pretty good looking line on paper. Or B Jones/Jenkins/C/Davis/Paris J

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears list of needs are exhausting. No matter who they get at 9, just get a sure thing playmaker/impact player. Whether they feel Paris Johnson is a difference making, ELITE tackle or the top corner prospect. If Jalen Carter slides down (not sure we have the veteran leadership on this team to mature this kid) he will be tough to pass on.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Face it spanky, the Bears are Aaron Rodgers bitch.
Unfortunately, this is true. Should never be up for debate. And in the 1st 3years, the Bears were 2-3 against him. And then lost the NFCCG in January of 2011 to him. I think the next games he lost to the Bears were:
the game he got injured in 2013
then the Thanksgiving Night Game in 2015
the 2nd game in 2018

It’s been pretty much getting buttfucked by him on a regular basis since then.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Why are dolphins and 49ers paying top money to their lt then? Some of the shit you guys talk yourselves into LOL
Fair point. I'm on board with Paris at #9, I just don't get the impression that Poles is necessarily thinking he needs to spend that pick on a tackle.