**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
???

You legitimately argued that a team that ended the season without roquan smith and Robert Quinn, the team that finished dead last in the NFL, was somehow better than the team that did not finish dead last in the nfl. The team that had 6 wins, actually double what the team you claimed was better had.

You did an entire roster breakdown and said it was better ???

Can’t wait for your cutting edge analysis on this years team though, I’m sure it’s going to be chock FULL of intelligent insight

:ROFLMAO: you are so mad you are legitimately crying about some debate we had months ago. Again I am sorry Poles did not make the moves you wanted him to make. I will pray that you find the peace and the serenity to accept the things you cannot change instead of whine incessantly like a petulant child that didn't get its way.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
:ROFLMAO: you are so mad you are legitimately crying about some debate we had months ago. Again I am sorry Poles did not make the moves you wanted him to make. I will pray that you find the peace and the serenity to accept the things you cannot change instead of whine incessantly like a petulant child that didn't get its way.

I mocked you for one of the worst off season takes this board had last year. After laughing and pointing out how stupid your take was you decided to kfc double down and say you were right and called a 3 win team better than a 6 win team.

Idk if it’s comical or just sad.

I don’t see how pointing you out as a complete and absolute fraud is me ‘crying.’ Maybe go seek help to deal with your superiority complex?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mocked you for one of the worst off season takes this board had last year. After laughing and pointing out how stupid your take was you decided to kfc double down and say you were right and called a 3 win team better than a 6 win team.

Idk if it’s comical or just sad.

I don’t see how pointing you out as a complete and absolute fraud is me ‘crying.’ Maybe go seek help to deal with your superiority complex?
God grant @SugarWalls the serenity
to accept the things he cannot change;
courage to change the things he can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
So the Bears didn’t improve from their signing? It’s fun when you make yourself look like an idiot. Keep it up!
Necessity + cap space are the mother and father of bad free agent deals if you're an impatient/stupid/irresponsible GM. Make good deals period and everything will work out. Jones and Allen signed for a whole lot of cash, more than they're worth. So did McGlinchey. Meanwhile there's guys like Floyd and Ngoukawe available who can help and won't come overpriced. He's playing this right.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Necessity + cap space are the mother and father of bad free agent deals if you're an impatient/stupid/irresponsible GM. Make good deals period and everything will work out. Jones and Allen signed for a whole lot of cash, more than they're worth. So did McGlinchey. Meanwhile there's guys like Floyd and Ngoukawe available who can help and won't come overpriced. He's playing this right.

Obviously some here want him to overpay just to do it

Then they'll bitch about the overpay in about 3 years and say Poles was an idiot for overpaying

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Obviously some here want him to overpay just to do it

Then they'll bitch about the overpay in about 3 years and say Poles was an idiot for overpaying
I suppose it's possible that a guy like Dre'Mont Jones exceeds expectations and what he was paid, but just with big free agent deals in general, the odds are against you in getting your money's worth out of a guy, especially if he's an older guy.

That's all not to mention if a guy really wants to come play for the Bears. I would bet that a guy like Javon Hargrave wouldn't want to play for the Bears right now cause he's not far from the twilight of his career and wants a shot at a superbowl again, and the 9ers give him that. The Bears aren't in the superbowl hunt until 2024 at the earliest.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Last night on NFL Network, Charles Robinson was asked for the best NFL fit for Devon Achane. He said it would be the Bears. Achane definitely has home run speed and can catch the football. Robinson said he is Tarik Cohen with more size, burst and speed.

Here is more on Achane from The Draft Network.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Stromberg has a top 30 visit with the Bears.​

Ricky Stromberg IOL, Arkansas​

Stromberg is the second-ranked center for a handful of teams I’ve spoken to—get to know his name. An immovable force that didn’t allow a single sack in 398 snaps in pass pro this fall, his name is rising on draft boards. His strength coupled with an advanced ability to pick up stunts and blitzers showcases an athlete that could anchor a front five for a long time.”

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
some breakdowns from Bruce Feldman and what he got from college coaches and some nfl execs about guys on the bears radar in the 1st round

No. 11 Jaxon Smith-Njigba

His 20-yard shuttle time of 3.93 seconds was the fastest by a receiver at the combine in 10 years. Last year, the Buckeyes produced two first-round wideouts in Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson, and both were 1,000-plus-yard receivers as rookies. Coaches I’ve spoken to who faced all three of them told me Smith-Njigba is much more physical.

“His change of direction is definitely the best that I’ve had,” Ohio State receivers coach Brian Hartline told The Athletic. “He’s kind of unguardable. He’ll be über-productive in the NFL. I think he will be a guy that leads the league in receptions and receiving yards.”

“You can line him up anywhere. He’s light on his feet. Really strong hands; is strong after the catch. Has great change of direction. He really blocks. He high-points it really well. Just a better all-around player than Olave and Wilson. I thought he was better than Marvin Harrison Jr., too. They’re different. You can put him in the slot and do a lot with him. I don’t think Harrison will be able to run certain routes. You can line (Smith-Njigba) off of the ball in stacks and bunches and really give people problems with pick routes, rub routes and Jerk routes. You see people playing with a three-corner defense with that nickel who is more of a blitzer (and) he will eat them alive.”

“He’s different than the other ones. There’s more quickness to him, more suddenness. He can really make you miss with the stops, re-starts.”

“He is really frickin’ good. When he was a sophomore (in 2021) he looked like a pro.”

No. 7 Paris Johnson Jr.

It’s Johnson, at 6 feet 6, 313 pounds with over 36-inch arms, over Northwestern’s Peter Skoronski, who might be more ready now to play closer to his potential. But the Buckeye has much better length (his arms are about 4 inches longer) to play tackle in the NFL, although both have good versatility and footwork.

“He’s a really solid player, very athletic and long. He does a really good job climbing to the second level on their gap plays and also sets the tone on their stretch plays that they run so well. When they decided to run the ball, they did it behind him.”

“I think he kept getting better and better over the year. You can see he got a lot more comfortable being in space and got better at using angles.”

“I know he’s good, but I think he got exposed at times by some elite pass rushers, which he’s gonna see every week in the NFL. I also wondered how physically tough he is.”

No. 5 Jalen Carter

No doubt, NFL teams will continue to dig into Carter’s background to determine how comfortable they are with him. On the field, the 6 feet 3, 315-pounder is a dominating presence that many around college football have considered the most talented defender in the past few years on a defense that produced three first-round D-linemen, including the No. 1 overall pick in 2022.

“He’s unblockable when he wants to be. He is unbelievably explosive. I think he’s probably similar to Ndamukong Suh when he was in college. He wasn’t as productive, but Nebraska also didn’t have the D-line rotation Georgia had. I think he has first-pick-of-the-draft talent.”

“Holy s—! (He) jumps off the tape. He is so big but so quick-twitch. He has an uncanny ability to redirect and (he has) really good balance.”

“You could play him all over the line. Someone that gigantic should not be able to move like that.”

“He was the guy that you always noticed on crossover film. People that big should not be that athletic. Twitchy. Violent. Strong. He was the best player (on that 2021 defense). He’s on a different level. All those guys are really, really talented — and then there’s him.”

No. 12 Christian Gonzalez “Dude’s a freak. I thought he had good awareness of the ball. He was very natural at everything he did. Was impressed even at Colorado. He just got better and better and took a big jump at Oregon. In his man-technique, he’s very physical, good at squeezing guys to the sideline.”

“He’s talented with his size and movement skills. I thought he lacked some technique. He has a receiver-type body. When the ball is in the air, he transitioned well. He’s gotta lock in and be more technique-based. For him to be that big, you want him to be more physical, but he’s not soft.”

“I was surprised to see that he was so high (in pre-draft media evaluations). I thought he was a late first (type). He’s big enough to play in the slot at nickel and he does have enough coverage skills outside to be intriguing. I wondered about his natural change of direction (COD). How is his short-area quickness? We didn’t have anyone who could really test him. Having that length and that straight-line speed obviously is helpful, but if you don’t have really good short-area quickness when you’re facing Justin Jefferson and Ja’Marr Chase, who are so good laterally in and out of change cuts and have more long speed … it’s getting scarier.”

“I thought he was a good player, but we did not think ‘Let’s not go at this guy.’ He played tight, got in bump-and-run, but he wasn’t one of those dominant guys, where we felt like we needed to stay away from him or motion him. He’s not Sauce Gardner. At the line of scrimmage, we thought we could beat him release-wise, and it’s not like we had a great receiving corps. He has the right measurables and the tools, you just were never wowed by the film.”

No. 13 Broderick Jones Jones started all 15 games at left tackle for the national champions and looks and moves like a super-sized power forward — which he was, as a standout high school basketball player. He ran a 4.97 40 at the combine. He has good length with 34 ¾-inch arms, and he is the rare player who measured an inch taller in Indianapolis than he was listed by his college.

“(Tennessee OT Darnell Wright) was more physical, but Jones is a better athlete and more of a pure left tackle. He has that good bounce to handle the speed rushers. He looks like a big-ass basketball player.”

“Watch how effortlessly he moves for a 315-pound guy when he gets out and pulls. It should be illegal to run like that at that size. We thought he got a lot better over the course of the year.”

No. 14 Devon Witherspoon “His physicality is just different. Not many cornerbacks are as tough. He’s pretty special. I think he’s just got savvy about him. He really understands the game. He would just smoke people. He made you really leery of throwing the flats. I’m glad he’s gone!”

“He has great football IQ. He’s really physical at the line of scrimmage; really fits the run; loves to throw his body around. We put an ‘X’ (on our scouting report) to go away from him. We were scared to attack him.”

“The media talked a lot about Joey Porter Jr. and I get why, because he’s super long. They talked a lot about the kid at Iowa (Riley Moss), but this guy was by far the best corner in our league. His instincts are rare. His ability to trigger is special.”

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No. 6 Tyree Wilson

“He has the size and great length. I thought he played better a year ago. He affected games more then. I left that game, thinking, ‘Man, he’s a dude. He’s really good.’ But I didn’t think lottery pick. He’s just not as consistent, but talent-wise, it’s definitely there.”

“His best ball is ahead of him. He’s made tremendous progress. Has a great motor and length. He is really strong when he goes speed to power. He can walk tackles back. He can’t really play in space that well. He’s a little stiff, and did not look comfortable in space. But he can turn and chase. He makes tons of plays at the point of attack and chases plays down from behind.”

“He’s versatile. I am surprised that people are talking about him as a top-10 pick, but the NFL people know a helluva lot more than me. He is damn ginormous and twitchy. He is a big 4-technique who can rush the passer and plays hard. Off of potential and projection, I guess I can see his upside.”

No. 8 Lukas Van Ness

“We were watching tape leading up to our game with them and were like, ‘Why isn’t 91 a starter? What’s going on with him? You’re watching him running down on kickoffs. He’s long, tough, physically. He’s so twitchy you can’t miss on a pass set with this guy. He’s a stud. He’s a technically sound dude, but maybe he was not always in his gap when he should be. He’s a special talent. It was everything we saw on tape. We couldn’t block 91.”

“We didn’t go into the game saying, ‘how do we chip him, or slide to him or maneuver this guy?’ But I did think he was high-end talent. (He) has a lot of power … maybe he’s a little stiff. But he had some speed-to-power and played with good technique.”

“I didn’t like him as much as everyone else seems to. We were able to run right at him. I knew he’d test well. I didn’t think he was that good, comparing him to some of the guys they’ve had there before. I thought (A.J.) Epenesa was a lot better. When you turned the film on, I thought there was a lack of consistency in winning the one-on-one battles.”

No. 9 Peter Skoronski

He’s that talented and versatile. He was more impressive athletically at the combine than many anticipated, vertical jumping 34.5 inches and broad jumping 9-7 (both second-best among O-linemen). The one thing he may be missing is ideal length for a tackle, with 32 1/2-inch arms, but he should be a standout interior lineman.

“Really athletic. He’s physical and he’s smart. You knew when you first saw him (three years ago) that he was gonna be special.”

“The kid at NC State (Ickey Ekwonu, the first offensive tackle taken in 2022) wowed you more. But (Skoronski) is just really clean in his technique. He is a really good tackle.”

“Even back in his true freshman year (2020), you saw the athleticism and his ability to move and bend and come out of his hips on contact. Really impressive. Their O-line was really well-coached. They struggle at the skill positions but they were able to keep themselves in games by being consistent up front. He is hard to get a bead on. He’s really clean; his versatility and ability to move people if you want to run the ball is gonna help him. He’s got a lot of position flexibility.”

Bijan for those interested.

No 10. Bijan Robinson

Van Ness might’ve made sense here, but he’s gone. Philly needs more help at safety than corner and it’s too soon to jump for Brian Branch or Sydney Brown. They need some help at running back, and this is one of the most gifted prospects to come along in a few years. The 5 feet 11, 215-pounder who ran 4.46 at the combine with a 1.52 10-yard split is the complete package and was the best thing Texas football had in a long time. He thrived despite playing with shaky QBs and an inexperienced O-line.

The Coaching Intel

“Oh my goodness. That kid is unbelievable. Has great vision. Size. Power. He will block. I can’t say enough great things about him. He should’ve left three years ago. He’s so big and strong. He’s going to be an incredible NFL player.”

“His stop-start is pretty special. It’s something you might see in a smaller back, but he’s got that mass and he can run through you. He is impressive. Really good receiver. He’s a bad matchup for a linebacker.”

“He’s so compact! Has patience and great change of direction and change of speed. When the ball is in hands he is elite. Their O-line looked the part, but they weren’t very good in front of him. They were young and so inexperienced. Movement would hurt ‘em. He is great though.”

“I think he was the best player in college football. Watch him. I get why NFL teams aren’t picking a running back in the top five, but man, he’s physical. He has good long speed and is selfless. They used him to block on the perimeter and pass protection and he’s an elite route-runner. He is elite elite.”