onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'll withhold my opinion until Hub asks the insider who has talked to Cole Cement about his opinion.

Not a white QB or a criminal...as has been stated...so that's a plus

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Personally, would have taken Carter at 9, but I'm fine with it. Position of need with good potential and it helps your QB. Paris would have been my preference, but most people knew he was going off that board before 9.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, would have taken Carter at 9, but I'm fine with it. Position of need with good potential and it helps your QB. Paris would have been my preference, but most people knew he was going off that board before 9.

Not surprised you'd support a reckless driver tbh

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
From Brugler’s scouting report (The Athletic):

SUMMARY: A four-year starter at Tennessee, Wright lined up at right tackle in head coach Josh Heupel’s up-tempo, spread offense. After moving to the offensive line as a sophomore in high school, he fell short of expectations his first three years in Knoxville. But everything clicked, especially in pass pro, when he moved to right tackle as a senior (didn’t allow a sack in 2022 and quieted Will Anderson on the Alabama tape). With his extraordinary power and torque, Wright creates a surge in the run game with the physical hands to latch, drive and displace. While he is susceptible to inside rush moves, he reaches his landmarks and stays square as a pass blocker, relying on his length, punch and stout anchor to stalemate rushers. Overall, Wright will get himself into trouble when he sacrifices technique for his nasty demeanor, but he naturally defaults to his raw power and body control to consistently win in both the run and passing game. He is a plug-and-play right tackle, and some teams have him on their draft board as a starting guard.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I like this pick a lot. Add a Center and the O Line will be above average for the 1st time in years.
Whitehair/Patrick are passable center options. I might add another development tackle in this very draft and look to displace Borom. Borom wasn't drafted for this system and ideally wouldn't see the field for this team even in the event of injury. Of course i wouldn't be opposed to adding a center prospect in the draft as well, just seems like that's someone we could get in the 4th round or later. The next 3 picks could very well be tabbed for defense. We'll see!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Borom has been displaced. Big time.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Borom has been displaced. Big time.
Which is a good thing, because he was never a starter in the NFL anyways. Swing tackle? Depth? Sure.

Bears fans love to latch onto these later round draft picks and hope they are starters, most of the time though that's just not the case.