***OFFICAIL*** BREAKING: RYAN POLES NAMED BEARS GM (ANOTHER #CALLEDIT BY OP)

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
But what happens next year when NO has a new HC I wonder? I’d bet that they don’t enforce those rights to prevent Payton from working again.
New HC voids their contract with Payton

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
For what it’s worth, Waddle and Silvy had Field Yates on, who talked about how they were hired at the same time as scouts for the Chiefs in 2009. Says he’s super impressive and that if he could pick one guy who knows what the hell he’s doing in the draft, a guy who deserves to get his first GM job, it’s Poles.

I know, I know. We always get reports like this no matter who’s picked. But hey, maybe they lucked into getting it right this time?
Yeah its one of those things, he's great at his current job, but it doesn't mean he'll be great at his new job. I hope he is!

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I like the tweets but those are just opinions like anyone else has here. Dunno. Lets see who he hires for Manager and the staff they put together.
I'm sure someone could dig and resurrect the posts and tweets from the day Pace was hired and it would look awfully similar to this response. The proof will all be in his coach hiring, FA and drafts so anything we hear right now is just talking heads making comments to get views/clicks.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I have no idea whether this is a good or bad hire but I like that he was a scout first and foremost while rising up the ranks of the Chiefs front office. I also like that he wouldn't take the job unless he was given full autonomy to make the head coaching hire.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
*shrug*

most people here loved the Ryan Pace hire when it happened so I don't put much stock into how fans react to this news. It's way past show me the money time with this entire franchise. I'll celebrate this hire 3 years from now when he proves he's worth our time and ownership's money

Ryan Pace was good GM if he drafted Watson over Trubisky he'd still be here

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Do the Bears have to give any comp to KC for the hire?

I assumed as he wasn't a coach or GM that there wouldn't need to be anything provided in return - but no idea of the rules?

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
If the Saints hire a new head coach before he accepts a job, they no longer own the rights to him.

I don't think that's how it works. Are you sure? Every article I read said they control his rights for 3 more years.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace was good GM if he drafted Watson over Trubisky he'd still be here

Can't play that game; if my grandmother had balls she'd be my grandfather

I can't tell, however, how much about good GMing is just blind luck. Part of any success in any field is a factor of luck

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Do the Bears have to give any comp to KC for the hire?

I assumed as he wasn't a coach or GM that there wouldn't need to be anything provided in return - but no idea of the rules?
Why would they have to give up a pick hiring someone who isn't a GM at another team to become the GM for their team did the Bears have to give up picks to the Saints to hire Pace or did they have to give up picks to hire wherever in the **** the team that Emory came from?

What kind of rules are you literally making up with this question?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Can't play that game; if my grandmother had balls she'd be my grandfather

I can't tell, however, how much about good GMing is just blind luck. Part of any success in any field is a factor of luck
Our new GM's hardest job and one of the biggest keys to becoming a winning franchise will be changing the culture.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Feels very similar to the Ryan Pace hire and that has nothing to do with his name. Young, spent entire career with one franchise, scouting background, minimum executive experience, etc. Hopefully he will have better results than Pace.

Last edited: