*** OFFICAIL *** fire everyone thread. Bears Fans Only

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I'm usually an optimist, but I'm not seeing the silver lining here. Both lines are bad, and coaching on both sides of the ball did ZERO to help cover up the deficiencies, or make any adjustments. I have zero faith right now in leadership. Maybe this was a wake up call and they turn it around, it was only one game. But I doubt it at this point.
At this point I’m glad my son has swim class during the first half of Bears games. It’s more entertaining watching 1 year olds try to swim then what I witnessed on TV yesterday.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm usually an optimist, but I'm not seeing the silver lining here. Both lines are bad, and coaching on both sides of the ball did ZERO to help cover up the deficiencies, or make any adjustments. I have zero faith right now in leadership. Maybe this was a wake up call and they turn it around, it was only one game. But I doubt it at this point.
He's doing a bit.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And he was openly questioning their playcalling and time clock management. He basically said they made it too obvious they were going with a QB sneak on that first drive.

yeah... for a split second when I saw them lining up and Kmet going in motion, 2 thoughts went through my head.

1. Oh god, don't let Kmet fake this. The league is aware of the TE sneak and it doesn't work anymore

2. Maybe they'll be crafty and fake the TE snea... er oops... Nope. Telegraphed and followed through.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone is finding a silver lining, other than that some weird shit happens in week 1 and maybe there's some good football that lies ahead regardless. Maybe this game is a needed wake-up call to the players and/or coaches and maybe the right adjustments are made.

The Vikings' loss was arguably worse. Tampa is considered to be one the worst teams in the league, replacing GOAT QB Tom Brady with journeyman Mayfield, and they went into Minnesota and held their supposedly great offense to 17 points in Minnesota's own house.

Joe Burrow had 84 yards passing en route to 3 points. The playoff-game-winning Giants got shut out at home by the Cowboys, beaten by 40. The Steelers got their asses handed to them at home by the 9ers. If we're going to basically extrapolate doom onto the Bears for the rest of the season, it would be logically consistent to do so onto these others teams as well. Maybe they all suck all year but that's unlikely.

As much as I would have liked to see the Bears come out and kick the Packers' ass they still were a team that was projected to be in the NFC title hunt before last season and Rodgers' terrible year (for him anyway). They were never a bad team and we probably under-estimated them. Maybe our offensive line sucks but the Packers' D-line looked stout yesterday. I remember hearing about how Devonte Wyatt really came on to end last year and seemed to pick right up there. Our questionable D-line looked the part as well so we shouldn't be too surprised by the outcome.

Plus, let's be honest. It's not like anyone here won't watch the games no matter what.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do the Vikings get lucky in a bunch of close games last year and everyone says they will come back to earth while Daboll does the same thing and he’s a great coach? I’m honestly not saying this because they got rocked last night. I’ve never been sold on him.

They ran like god last year in close games. That team could have easily been 6-11. I think some of it is East Coast media bias. Specifically New York media bias. I’m not saying he is a bad coach. He may be good. I watched a ton of Giants games last year though and it seems like they won every game that was 50/50 in the fourth. They pulled a bunch of games out of their ass. That’s not sustainable.

I also know the roster sucked. So I know what he got out of it was an accomplishment. But a lot of that felt like a team running unrealistically hot in close games. Minny did the same thing and have been shit on all off season for it. Then the narrative with the Giants doing the same thing is that their coach is a genius. I’m not sure I believe it.

Daboll is Nagy-lite

They had a little bit of success running the ball early on the first drive. Then he completely abandons it and gets Jones clobbered.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Why do the Vikings get lucky in a bunch of close games last year and everyone says they will come back to earth while Daboll does the same thing and he’s a great coach? I’m honestly not saying this because they got rocked last night. I’ve never been sold on him.

They ran like god last year in close games. That team could have easily been 6-11. I think some of it is East Coast media bias. Specifically New York media bias. I’m not saying he is a bad coach. He may be good. I watched a ton of Giants games last year though and it seems like they won every game that was 50/50 in the fourth. They pulled a bunch of games out of their ass. That’s not sustainable.

I also know the roster sucked. So I know what he got out of it was an accomplishment. But a lot of that felt like a team running unrealistically hot in close games. Minny did the same thing and have been shit on all off season for it. Then the narrative with the Giants doing the same thing is that their coach is a genius. I’m not sure I believe it.
He gets credit for Josh Allen turning it around, and then made the playoffs with Daniel freaking Jones. Plus the Vikings were like historic with the one score wins.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He gets credit for Josh Allen turning it around, and then made the playoffs with Daniel freaking Jones. Plus the Vikings were like historic with the one score wins.

I dont see the good things in extending Daniel Jones for 40m a year or whatever he got. Wonder who made that call in the end

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I dont see the good things in extending Daniel Jones for 40m a year or whatever he got. Wonder who made that call in the end
The GM I'd assume. In that situation, the GM was hired from the bills, and hired daboll a week later. It's not like poles who hired eberflus two days after getting the job.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The GM I'd assume. In that situation, the GM was hired from the bills, and hired daboll a week later. It's not like poles who hired eberflus two days after getting the job.

That pairing was pretty much a given after they hired Schoen though. The week didnt matter. It was going to be Daboll he brought with him

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
? out on williams
? out on getsy
3/4 out on flus
3/4 out on poles
1/2 out on fields
Im out on all of them. Maybe not Fields but the writing is on the wall for him being replaced.

If George had a fraction of a clue about what is happening, he would get rid of all of them. Start the whole thing over from scratch.

New GM, HC, OC, DC and QB. Dont make anyone hire anyone they dont want to. IDK how you can look at these past two off-seasons and have any trust in Ryan Poles using those two first round picks in '24. Get him out before he fucks up the future more than he already has.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Im out on all of them. Maybe not Fields but the writing is on the wall for him being replaced.

If George had a fraction of a clue about what is happening, he would get rid of all of them. Start the whole thing over from scratch.

New GM, HC, OC, DC and QB. Dont make anyone hire anyone they dont want to. IDK how you can look at these past two off-seasons and have any trust in Ryan Poles using those two first round picks in '24. Get him out before he fucks up the future more than he already has.

I hated drafting safety that high and think many on here over rate brisker.

Edmunds so far (yeah only 1 week) appears to be a massive downgrade to roquan. Maybe it’s cause he didn’t practice, maybe he is just mediocre. Why spend all that money on him.

I like Gordon pick. Stevenson is a ????

It was beyond evident both lines need help and I don’t want to write off these guys so early but dexter at this point seems like a massive reach. Pickens is okay I guess. The d line and o line additions have been complete mehhhh

I have 0 hope they clean house. Pain.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hated drafting safety that high and think many on here over rate brisker.

Edmunds so far (yeah only 1 week) appears to be a massive downgrade to roquan. Maybe it’s cause he didn’t practice, maybe he is just mediocre. Why spend all that money on him.

I like Gordon pick. Stevenson is a ????

It was beyond evident both lines need help and I don’t want to write off these guys so early but dexter at this point seems like a massive reach. Pickens is okay I guess. The d line and o line additions have been complete mehhhh

I have 0 hope they clean house. Pain.
Yeah, zero shot. Here's the timeline
Fields replaced after this season
Flus gone after next season
Poles gone two seasons after that

and round and round we go

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If George cleaned house and the Bears hired a GM and HC who were both on my short list of candidates it would make me think I was wrong to rank them so highly.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Yeah, zero shot. Here's the timeline
Fields replaced after this season
Flus gone after next season
Poles gone two seasons after that

and round and round we go
The only way out of this spiral is to fire them immediately after the season or do it mid season.

I would’ve been fine with them getting Payton and just letting him take over.

Going to have to swing at the next upcoming offensive guru and hope he isn’t a trestman/Nagy clone.

Maybe bienemy? Idk.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The only way out of this spiral is to fire them immediately after the season or do it mid season.

I would’ve been fine with them getting Payton and just letting him take over.

Going to have to swing at the next upcoming offensive guru and hope he isn’t a trestman/Nagy clone.

Maybe bienemy? Idk.
Only way out of it is Virginia dying and the board of trustees forcing George to sell. Then they have to luck into the right owner but at this point youd be hard pressed to do worse.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Only way out of it is Virginia dying and the board of trustees forcing George to sell. Then they have to luck into the right owner but at this point youd be hard pressed to do worse.
Actually more realistic shot at this happening than them firing everyone this year. Maybe if the bears go 1-16?????? One can dream.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Out of all the egregious things that were happening on the field yesterday, the one thing that doesn't get mentioned enough is that the Bears called zero designed quarterback runs. ZERO! How is this possible? You have a quarterback who ran for the 2nd most yards of any quarterback in NFL history last year and you opened the season without designing a single play for your quarterback to take advantage of his greatest asset? That is coaching malpractice.

It's the first game, but it's already starting to remind me of 2019 and the way Matt Nagy tried to coach the legs out of Mitch after the dynamic season he had the year prior as a true duel threat. Fields is a million times better with his legs than Trubisky ever was, which makes yesterday's gameplan so incomprehensible.

BDCB

:•)
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s time for a big personality head coach to reset the culture of the team. That’s what is needed at this point because mentally the entire organization is melted. The Packers are just completely inside their heads.
Yep, the whole damn thing feels unimaginative, stale, and uninspiring.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Actually more realistic shot at this happening than them firing everyone this year. Maybe if the bears go 1-16?????? One can dream.
They're bad but they still play a bunch of mediocre teams. Gotta imagine them winning at least 4-5 games.