***OFFICAIL*** Khalil Mack Traded To Chargers For 2023 2nd & 6th Round Pick

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just saw the news. I guess Mack knew something was up. I saw him at the gym 2 days ago and told him he was gonna kill it this year for the Bears and he replied "idk about that." I thought maybe he was talking about injuries. Well damn. At first, I wasn't happy with the news and compensation but this indicates that the Bears plan on rebuilding. Also happy for Mack that he gets to be on a team with a chance to go to the playoffs. I wonder if the extra 6 Mil in cap space this year will go towards getting Amari Cooper or even ARob.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Here's a great article by the GOAT Dan Bernstein. Don't cry meatballs.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just saw the news. I guess Mack knew something was up. I saw him at the gym 2 days ago and told him he was gonna kill it this year for the Bears and he replied "idk about that." I thought maybe he was talking about injuries. Well damn. At first, I wasn't happy with the news and compensation but this indicates that the Bears plan on rebuilding. Also happy for Mack that he gets to be on a team with a chance to go to the playoffs. I wonder if the extra 6 Mil in cap space this year will go towards getting Amari Cooper or even ARob.
Naw, you're on to something. I was eating dinner at Ginos East with him last night I went to pay his bill as a thank you and he mentioned to me he didn't need the money and it was probably his last pizza for a long time. I guess you never know.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Don't like trading Mack. Though he seemed clearly in decline (he's 31), only getting about 8 Sacks/year the prior 2 years, he did get 6 sacks in 7 games last year despite injury.

I was looking forward to seeing a healthy Mack, Quinn, Hicks and Goldman on the line this year (as I was last year), but the shape some of these guys are in... that might never happen. I understand the trade.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
@Aesopian @Mighty Joe Young and possibly @Spitta Andretti along with other posters on CCS thinks MACK is washed up.

That doesn't sound great
Mack and Bosa.

Good luck.
Poles got fleeced.
That is not enough for Mack. Hopefully there is more coming back than reported.
Von Miller nets a 2nd and 3rd and Mack nets less?!? Cmon Poles!!

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I said at one point in this offseason that this was the year to decide on Mack. The alternatives to a trade were re-structure his deal and he'd basically spend all of the remaining years of his effectiveness as a Bear or to do nothing with his 30M cap hit and then he was almost certainly going to be cut after the 2022 season because they would have paid the bulk of his guaranteed money. Either way, Mack wasn't going to count 30M against the Bears cap this year. Granted, he still counts 24M to not be on the team, but they got something out of him instead of either of the other options where he'd walk with no compensation (not in comp pick formula if cut, not cut if restructured again).

I'm guessing Quinn stays unless they get a very similar deal for him. But Hicks, Trevathan and Goldman better put their houses up for sale.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Return is less because Chargers are taking on remaining 3 years of Mack’s deal. That’s the biggest benefit for the Bears starting in 2023. The picks are just icing on the cake.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It's a shocking reality check, TBH. I really felt this team could make a good run in 2022 with some restructuring and trading Quinn.

Now, a second this year... if the Bears can get a Miller-esque return for Quinn, I see some hope. Kyler Gordon, Daniel Faalele, and David Bell in the second, with LB Christian Harris (Alabama) and Jeremy Ruckert in the third would be a bunch of good players to build the team around.
So you thought we could make a run this year with Nack who has been injured an ineffective for 2 seasons, but can’t do it with Houston who just broke the franchise sack record? Ok…

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm happy for Mack. He gets to be on a competitive team with some defensive coaches that he's familiar with. That division is rough AF tho. He has to face Mahomes, Carr, and Russel Wilson twice a year. Hot damn. At least he has Bosa to help him out.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@Aesopian @Mighty Joe Young and possibly @Spitta Andretti along with other posters on CCS thinks MACK is washed up.

I didnt say he was washed.

I said he wasn't worth his cap number to this Bears team who isn't geared up to make a run like the Chargers are already.

This is how you get draft picks. You trade assets teams WANT. They didn't trade Quinn because he's older and wouldn't fletch the same return. Like it not, Mack would have been on the wrong side of 30 when enough money frees up to make moves

This speeds up the process and alleviates the cap crunch

Shut up

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really want to hear they ate Mack’s salary

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I didnt say he was washed.

I said he wasn't worth his cap number to this Bears team who isn't geared up to make a run like the Chargers are already.

This is how you get draft picks. You trade assets teams WANT. They didn't trade Quinn because he's older and wouldn't fletch the same return. Like it not, Mack would have been on the wrong side of 30 when enough money frees up to make moves

This speeds up the process and alleviates the cap crunch

Shut up
HOLES BRO HOLES. HOLES EVERYWHERE!!!!! so we're gonna fix this team with some 6th and 7th rounders.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This is 100% a rebuild trade.

Mack will be old and busted by the time Poles gets this team to where he projects it to be.
It’s not a rebuild trade…lol. You people act like Mack has been the franchise. Hasn’t been much of anything for us since 2018…

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So this is your fault?