***OFFICAIL*** Khalil Mack Traded To Chargers For 2023 2nd & 6th Round Pick

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
This sucks as Mack represented what the Bears defense should be. However, we are in a rebuild mode and he's in his prime, so he deserves to be with a team that can contend immediately.

With that being said, I wish him nothing but the best and I will continue to proudly wear my Mack throwback Bears jersey.

Wish we got just a little more, but there is still time. Remember, 24 hours later, it came out that Washington was getting another pick for the Wentz deal. So who knows? There's still another week to go.

Thank you, Khalil Mack, for the memories!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I didnt say he was washed.

I said he wasn't worth his cap number to this Bears team who isn't geared up to make a run like the Chargers are already.

This is how you get draft picks. You trade assets teams WANT. They didn't trade Quinn because he's older and wouldn't fletch the same return. Like it not, Mack would have been on the wrong side of 30 when enough money frees up to make moves

This speeds up the process and alleviates the cap crunch

Shut up
VON MILLER, heard of him?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I am NOT upset at all by Mack being traded. I am fine with it; it needed to be done, maybe should have been done last year. I agree with the move generally.

I am not even pissed at the compensation, per se.

What I am DEEPLY concerned about is what this move tells me about Poles: he's a limp dick negotiator who's going to be dunked on routinely by other more experienced GMs, keeping the Bears down.

Yes, it frees up money next year, but if you look at what cutting Mack and designating him as a post June 1 cut next year, you will see it doesn't save much money. Effectively, this GM sold extremely low. The fact that Mack has played 9 more games in the past 3 years than Vonn Miller, is younger, and despite playing in 8 less games this year had just 3.5 less sacks, and yet Miller fetched more on an expiring deal is beyond pathetic.

Poles really couldn't even get the 6th to be this year? LMFAO.

I am sorry, in my view, you're a meatball if youre upset that Mack was traded, period, but you're also one if you're jumping for joy at the ineptitude of our front offices negotiation skills. I can't wait to lose our shirt on the next trade.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
At least 2025 might be great when all the great FAs we sign in 2023 with all the cap space have settled in.

If Fields doesn’t kick on next year this team could be unwatchable. Off we go on another long term rebuild. Why do we put ourselves through it?

I can see the case for trading Mack but it’s still pretty depressing when you think about what’s left to watch wearing a Bears uniform.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
this team wasn't a khalil mack away from doing fuck all. poles is betting on himself. fortune favors the bold. bears become one of the largest asset based teams of 2023 in one move. please god just get assets and coaching in that gives fields a shot. that is literally all that matters right now

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am NOT upset at all by Mack being traded. I am fine with it; it needed to be done, maybe should have been done last year. I agree with the move generally.

I am not even pissed at the compensation, per se.

What I am DEEPLY concerned about is what this move tells me about Poles: he's a limp dick negotiator who's going to be dunked on routinely by other more experienced GMs, keeping the Bears down.

Yes, it frees up money next year, but if you look at what cutting Mack and designating him as a post June 1 cut next year, you will see it doesn't save much money. Effectively, this GM sold extremely low. The fact that Mack has played 9 more games in the past 3 years than Vonn Miller, is younger, and despite playing in 8 less games this year had just 3.5 less sacks, and yet Miller fetched more on an expiring deal is beyond pathetic.

Poles really couldn't even get the 6th to be this year? LMFAO.

I am sorry, in my view, you're a meatball if youre upset that Mack was traded, period, but you're also one if you're jumping for joy at the ineptitude of our front offices negotiation skills. I can't wait to lose our shirt on the next trade.
I'm sure there's other teams willing to trade more to us for MACK. Poles got robbed.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bruh, the Bears dead cap hit is the Guaranteed money all paid this season instead of being spread out throughout the remainder of his years

The Bears were always going to pay that. The salary is paid by the Chargers

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
VON MILLER, heard of him?
are you unaware of the salary cap in this sport and the value added by them taking on his entire salary? and you think a man who just got a job as a multi million dollar football executive didn't ask around and do his full homework on this as his first major move? people like you are why i wish i wasnt a bears fan

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Works for me. Team with new direction needing young talent trading an expensive player who disappears too much. Another high pick is huge for a new regime building their own team. If they hit on that 2nd with a good player at a position of need, it's a very sensible trade.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
are you unaware of the salary cap in this sport and the value added by them taking on his entire salary? and you think a man who just got a job as a multi million dollar football executive didn't ask around and do his full homework on this as his first major move? people like you are why i wish i wasnt a bears fan
fuck the numbers. wasted up Russell yielded more in return./
If you're feeling some type of way because of another fan, then you shouldnt be here.